Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
West Coast? More like the Wild West Coast. :smug:

Am the only court case goblin following this trial? Started this week:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murdaugh_family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

CPL593H posted:

It's going to be one or more of these things:

-The teachers are women of color.
-The family has money.

News has already shown photos of the teacher and she is white. Also I feel like if the family had money then they might've tried to get the kid better care by now, although this is America and there is still a wealthy segment of the population that thinks having a mental health issue makes your whole family look bad.

Apparently the kid's parents were required to attend school with the kid as part of whatever "treatment" he was getting, but for some reason they weren't there on the day he shot his teacher.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

I. M. Gei posted:

Apparently the kid's parents were required to attend school with the kid as part of whatever "treatment" he was getting, but for some reason they weren't there on the day he shot his teacher.
That sounds like "we don't want to pay for a 1:1 aide, let's tell the parents they have to be here all day"

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Buce posted:

cops are untrained coward fucks

they're super trained on how to yell and be scared and how to shoot people and animals while yelling and being scared.

one of the big arguments for the dissolution of all statehood & the authority that states grant municipalities (in my head) is that there would be defacto coplessness in what were states while i disarm everybody(especially pigs & especially civilians), melt all the guns and figure out the next steps

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

kntfkr posted:

they're super trained on how to yell and be scared and how to shoot people and animals while yelling and being scared.

That's not really fair - they're also trained to have panic attacks if they think they are within 6 feet of any fentanyl.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I got dog searched by a pig last april and he put on gloves and cut open my chalk bag that was obviously a chalk bag used for rock climbing and obviously filled with chalk and not fentanyl.

This piece of poo poo. I bet he fucks his dog.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol, lookit that stupid bitch. (Talking about the cop, not the dog)

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

It's kind of sad that I saw multiple fire departments responding lights and sirens, including a mass casually unit, and my first thought was that we might be the home of the latest mass shooting.

Turns out it's only an apartment complex that got whalloped by a tornado. ... yay?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Trust me, none of my discharge is accidental. :smug:

FoolyCharged posted:

It's kind of sad that I saw multiple fire departments responding lights and sirens, including a mass casually unit, and my first thought was that we might be the home of the latest mass shooting.

Turns out it's only an apartment complex that got whalloped by a tornado. ... yay?

Tornados are also hosed up and scary, so stay safe!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

But, why are police?

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
Has this guy been covered in the thread?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894960&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=335#post529145934

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Well that's certainly something.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Being a pig is only $34k a year?

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021

I AM GRANDO posted:

Varies widely based on the locale. Plus, no cop actually ever makes just the base pay, they regularly take home 2-3x their salary due to the massive amounts of overtime they're allowed to rack up.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

kntfkr posted:

I got dog searched by a pig last april and he put on gloves and cut open my chalk bag that was obviously a chalk bag used for rock climbing and obviously filled with chalk and not fentanyl.

This piece of poo poo. I bet he fucks his dog.

you should make a photoshop thread for him

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Regalingualius posted:

Back on topic: cops claimed that they shot a North Carolina man after a verbal confrontation, saying that he was armed and that they feared a hostage situation.

Then he released his own surveillance video recording of the incident, which, uh, completely contradicts their version of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRYUV7Up2qc
i love how this is written

"here is the police's version of events, unchanged from how they released it. and here is the video, in which the suspect claims to have done nothing wrong and the video appears to show him doing nothing wrong. police say he did something wrong"
the police have the cold, hard facts of their statement on their side, while the "innocent" "victim" has nothing but "video evidence" that he's "right". allegedly. he says. it is claimed.
all journalists are bastards too.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

InsertPotPun posted:

i love how this is written

"here is the police's version of events, unchanged from how they released it. and here is the video, in which the suspect claims to have done nothing wrong and the video appears to show him doing nothing wrong. police say he did something wrong"
the police have the cold, hard facts of their statement on their side, while the "innocent" "victim" has nothing but "video evidence" that he's "right". allegedly. he says. it is claimed.
all journalists are bastards too.

Yeah, it's a longstanding and entrenched problem.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/12/suicide-by-cop-how-police-present-killings-as-unavoidable/

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

I AM GRANDO posted:

The median pay for a police officer in my state is $100,000

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Pontificating rear end posted:

The median pay for a police officer in my state is $100,000

Median income, or median salary? The former is how much they take home, overtime included. The latter is how much the books say they disburse for a regular work week, and it's part of the overtime calculation.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Mistle posted:

Median income, or median salary? The former is how much they take home, overtime included. The latter is how much the books say they disburse for a regular work week, and it's part of the overtime calculation.

It's salary, but they are going to take twice as much from taxpayers since the salary is matched for some percent and all the other expenses, i think someone mentioned this

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

As much as I dislike cops, trying to justify lower salaries for people because they can work an ungodly amount of overtime is kind of lovely. If you're working that many hours over 40 a week you should be compensated for it. Their pay is still way too high, but overtime shouldn't be a factor in that because that's just shooting yourself in the foot when you should be getting that deal too.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

As much as I dislike cops, trying to justify lower salaries for people because they can work an ungodly amount of overtime is kind of lovely. If you're working that many hours over 40 a week you should be compensated for it. Their pay is still way too high, but overtime shouldn't be a factor in that because that's just shooting yourself in the foot when you should be getting that deal too.

It's a pretty well-reported that a lot (most?) cop overtime is a thinly veiled attempt to scam taxpayers out of money while the cop does nothing (or provides private security on the clock).

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Right, so they're performing their normal job duties.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1618237768618115072

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1618239147839483906

Oh, look, and there's already bootlickers like "WELL, WHERE DID THAT $6K COME FROM, NORMAL PEOPLE DON'T HAVE $6K LAYING AROUND IN CASH".

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"allegedly" stole the money they're on camera stealing

sorry, allegedly on alleged camera allegedly.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

InsertPotPun posted:

"allegedly" stole the money they're on camera stealing

sorry, allegedly on alleged camera allegedly.
"Allegedly" sold cocaine.

quote:

Greensburg police chief arrested for allegedly selling cocaine and methamphetamine

GREENSBURG, Pa. (KDKA) - The chief of the Greensburg Police Department has been arrested and is facing charges for allegedly violating federal narcotics laws.

According to the Department of Justice, Shawn Denning is facing six federal criminal charges for selling cocaine and meth.

Greensburg Police Chief Shawn Denning is facing six federal criminal charges for selling various narcotics. (Photo: KDKA)

The 41-year-old from Delmont was taken into custody Wednesday morning and made an appearance before the magistrate. He had been the chief of police since March 2022.
https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/news/greensburg-chief-of-police-arrested-for-allegedly-selling-cocaine-and-methamphetamine/

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I mean, that IS clearly the face of a man who no longer possesses any cocaine. :shrug:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

from that town's subreddit:

quote:

why is everyone blaming the gun not the person behind it if someone is going to kill someone they are going to do it a gun a knife a car hammer there hands stop blaming the tool they used an find out why they did it

when the man used a vehicle to kill people by driving through a crowd he ment to kill as many as possible but we dont blame the vehicle or try to control them so why do people do this only to guns 🤔 its a tool stop putting blame on the tool an put it on the person responsible.
No one in the thread was blaming the gun.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Animal-Mother posted:

from that town's subreddit:

No one in the thread was blaming the gun.

Hmmm. Vehicles are licensed, regulated, require insurance, and are unlikely to get stolen and remain in circulation. Perhaps we should have something like that for guns?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Animal-Mother posted:

but we dont blame the vehicle or try to control them

:psyduck:

We do actually. And not nearly enough.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Head like a fuckin' orange!

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Hmmm. Vehicles are licensed, regulated, require insurance, and are unlikely to get stolen and remain in circulation. Perhaps we should have something like that for guns?

theirs no 2nd amendment for cars dummy!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://twitter.com/ChudsOfTikTok/status/1618687125465239552

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
burn down all the troughs

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

That bodycam footage is gonna be so bad

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"Holy poo poo, they already arrested every single cop invol- oh. They're all black, that's why." :smith:

White cops get paid leave when they stomp out a minority.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Read After Burning posted:

"Holy poo poo, they already arrested every single cop invol- oh. They're all black, that's why." :smith:

First thing I thought. They didn't even need months of protests and riots to get arrested.

Then again, gently caress them for murdering someone.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
They're still cops so :byewhore:

https://i.imgur.com/nVKg2U7.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

three of the guns from this dude were used to try an kill politicians and two were successful lol