Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
FIRST PAUSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

k'sante: a pretty good champ

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
HOLY gently caress THAT STEAL

i got excited that was literally the first thing I saw when I tuned in late

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Vermain posted:

k'sante: a pretty good champ
We're up to 300 years of design experience now with this whole "Ornn-level boring safety in lane, late-game Rengar damage on demand" paradigm

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Fairly certain I just saw Doublelift Varus ult the Wukong clone

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Fudge out here breaking necks.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

In fairness, "Azir support" is a concept that throws itself down the stairs vertebra-first

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

WINIONS

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Certainly a very NA way to have the game end.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
What a very NA game to start off with

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
You'd think they would stop beating on 100T after they win. This is murder.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I do quite like the Valorant studio the LCS also gets to use.

E: Just gonna sit in this brush eating Jhin ult shots, not gonna try to move away while maintaining the block. Just sit here until the fed Sejuani arrives.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 27, 2023

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

mr ssumday... are you doing okay

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

shame GG couldn't clutch it, but that was an impressive comeback nonetheless

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Goddamned right EG

Let’s go this year

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
I like this format better can see why they got rid of dash the analyst desk was such a drag in tempo.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Greataval posted:

I like this format better can see why they got rid of dash the analyst desk was such a drag in tempo.

yeah, i think dash was excellent, but this new format fits the LCS a lot better and doesn't really have room for a professional host

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Pyosik went to NA??? lmao

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

wait is that Prince from the LCK? Impact Spica Prince seems pretty decent

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CODChimera posted:

wait is that Prince from the LCK? Impact Spica Prince seems pretty decent

the very same

fly is looking pretty drat good so far

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

CODChimera posted:

Pyosik went to NA??? lmao

Yeah somehow a literal world champion couldn’t find a team in the LCK. It is maybe a bit more understandable when he’s getting jungle gapped by Spica of all people.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Turns out when the Lunami + vi comp accomplishes basically nothing in the early game it doesn't end well for them.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

njsykora posted:

Yeah somehow a literal world champion couldn’t find a team in the LCK. It is maybe a bit more understandable when he’s getting jungle gapped by Spica of all people.

I know he's not the best jungler but ugh that's kinda sad. hopefully he at least makes some money and has fun

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

What are these segments? Are they pre-recorded?

I guess it's a way to let the pro personalities shine.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

WarpedLichen posted:

What are these segments? Are they pre-recorded?

I guess it's a way to let the pro personalities shine.

dunno but this cake one is pretty funny

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i didn't think the letigress replacement we needed was qtcinderella but i think she gets what the twitch audience wants so, so much better than letigress did

also goddamn it's good to see raafaa on the desk, dude's been a great presence in amateur for years

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That was loving disgusting.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DIG is getting loving rinsed, CLG sticking with their team looking like a good call

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

These arrows are illegal.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

poome is firing some goddamn majestic arrows this game lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Santorin with the ARAM rager strat of just walking past the enemy team and refusing to be involved with the game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

Santorin with the ARAM rager strat of just walking past the enemy team and refusing to be involved with the game.

poor dude went from heaven to hell team-wise, you hate to see it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Vermain posted:

i didn't think the letigress replacement we needed was qtcinderella but i think she gets what the twitch audience wants so, so much better than letigress did

also goddamn it's good to see raafaa on the desk, dude's been a great presence in amateur for years

i have no idea who she is but I like her energy

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CODChimera posted:

i have no idea who she is but I like her energy

she's a long-time twitch streamer who's made cameo appearances at a bunch of league streamer events before. she's not a gigantic streamer or anything, but she's got an easy way with people and an understanding of what the average league of legends viewer is looking for as far as energy and humor goes

i think it's a larger part of the rebranding the LCS is doing where they realized that the Serious Sports Broadcast thing is a dead, dead end and are trying to pull a U-turn into something distinct enough to give people a reason to watch it outside of supporting whatever their favorite team is

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Vermain posted:

she's a long-time twitch streamer who's made cameo appearances at a bunch of league streamer events before. she's not a gigantic streamer or anything, but she's got an easy way with people and an understanding of what the average league of legends viewer is looking for as far as energy and humor goes

i think it's a larger part of the rebranding the LCS is doing where they realized that the Serious Sports Broadcast thing is a dead, dead end and are trying to pull a U-turn into something distinct enough to give people a reason to watch it outside of supporting whatever their favorite team is

also fun fact TSM somehow signed her then squandered having her signed as a streamer and didnt support her desire to create streaming events or provide really any support whatsoever so she quit lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I think when your bits in between games are just a twitch clip of Jatt scrolling through twitter you should just have a longer break.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I dunno if they can keep the content up but honestly this is much more interesting than the AD poo poo that I always just tuned out

NA loves streamers and streamer culture may as well lean into it

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
This draft certainly is a thing that happened.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

First i see a dorky fun/catchy content vid with ovilee yesterday, now i wake up early and see QT interviewing players before IMT pick Draven Pyke bit.

No idea who this LCS is, but I'm down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Big fan of this strategy of camping the gently caress out of Draven.