Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I'm not an accountant but essentially loaning yourself money in the form of support for a company you privately own by using the assets of a publicly traded company you control, then (I assume) selling shares in said company to pay back the interest on the loan you just gave yourself doesn't sound like it's fully compliant with acting in the "best interests of shareholders"
Musk will be utterly immune to all penalties until the moment they happen at which point he was obviously doomed as we said all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

I'm not an accountant but essentially loaning yourself money in the form of support for a company you privately own by using the assets of a publicly traded company you control, then (I assume) selling shares in said company to pay back the interest on the loan you just gave yourself doesn't sound like it's fully compliant with acting in the "best interests of shareholders"

how is that lawsuit going again

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

also I just realised that's like, exactly what was going on with FTX and Alameda

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

also I just realised that's like, exactly what was going on with FTX and Alameda

at least tesla got rid of the bitcoins on their balance sheet right

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it’s as if these rich assholes all use the same playbook 🤔

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

when you think about it anything that’s in the best interest of elon musk is in the best interest of shareholders because he’s saving humanity

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

yeah but less actual sex and more IVF

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

same amount of racism tho

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'm not an accountant either but I know there's one shareholder it benefits

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol if this lawsuit establishes a precedent where shareholders can go after a CEO on the basis that they don't deserve all those billions of dollars

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

TerminalRaptor posted:

Wacky wavy put carskids in tubes arms man

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
tube man army

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

here in my car, I can crash into truck

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Chris Knight posted:

tube man army

every day i die (in my tesla)

Luigi Thirty posted:

lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Luigi Thirty posted:

rofl

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Luigi Thirty posted:

I can’t open the doors, it’s a lithium fire
in car

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

qirex posted:

I can’t open the doors, it’s a lithium fire
in car

Here in my car, I am burning to death. The handles don't work, thats by design

In cars.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Luigi Thirty posted:

lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

here in my car
it will drive by itself
I can take a long nap
and then never wake up
in cars

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

holy lol
https://twitter.com/masklayer/statu...ingawful.com%2F

future secfuck thread entry incoming!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

impossible to know what his politics are

https://twitter.com/bresreports/status/1618723145195884546?s=20&t=b0ZHe5aUhqYQF_GqBOEoJg

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

old entry!

https://twitter.com/samwcyo/status/1597792097175674880?s=46&t=msJ-oqdBj-Ex5vvVV976JQ

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Just impossible.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
what why wouldn't he want to run against dianne feinstein lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

why is everything such hacked together roundabout bullshit

mystes
May 31, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

why is everything such hacked together roundabout bullshit
If it just acted as a bluetooth keyboard how would you sell a subscription? (no idea if it's actually a subscription)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol of course it's a subscription

buttons as a service (BaaS)

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

cant wait until the used car market is flooded with vehicles that are essentially bricked because the servers that are required to control the ac and windows are all offline

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Beeftweeter posted:

lol of course it's a subscription

buttons as a service (BaaS)

payable only in our own funnymoney, called,

:c00lbutt: buttoncoins :c00lbutt:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

so THATS why every car still comes with siriusxm despite no one paying for that in who knows how long

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PIZZA.BAT posted:

so THATS why every car still comes with siriusxm despite no one paying for that in who knows how long

Sure as poo poo the week after i got my car, i started getting daily siriusxm mailers and they started calling me. I got on their DNC list real fast and it seems to have taken, but i really wish i would have known to tell the dealer not to give my name and address to them.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you get a month free when you buy a car from a dealership if its got the radio, and i tried it out. It sounds like a loving 64kbps WMA. maybe if you listen to howard stern ityool 2022, but it's worthless for music.

I'm removing the little sirius sharkfin on it and replacing it with a ham radio antenna.

mystes
May 31, 2006

How do you even hear the audio quality when you're driving in a car?

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Sirius sounds loving awful. It is noticeably worse than FM radio. I cannot believe it still exists as a solvent company.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I have Sirius for the sports radio stuff but that has ads and is pretty bad in general so I should cancel it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

mystes posted:

How do you even hear the audio quality when you're driving in a car?

i mean i get your point but it sounds that bad

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
it is audibly worse than most AM radio today

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

what why wouldn't he want to run against dianne feinstein lol

because, while she hasn't announced it to my knowledge, feinstein clearly isn't running with katie porter and adam schiff both announcing their candidacy (and the latter saying he got feinstein's blessing)

i also suspect neither elon nor adams understand california's jungle primary system where adams wouldn't be running against schiff (or porter or feinstein), but against all of them as well as every republican that decides to run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Wikipedia article currently claims:

quote:

As of 2017, Sirius XM had approximately a 75% penetration rate in the new car market. Out of that 75%, approximately 40% become subscribers.

No loving way. There is no way that 30% of people who have bought a car since 2017 have a satellite radio subscription.