Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)
best year for Youtube AMVs?
This poll is closed.
2005 38 25.68%
2006 20 13.51%
2007 19 12.84%
2008 16 10.81%
2009 15 10.14%
2010 1 0.68%
2011 9 6.08%
2012 6 4.05%
2013 2 1.35%
2014 3 2.03%
2015 0 0%
2016 1 0.68%
2017 0 0%
2018 0 0%
2019 0 0%
2020 1 0.68%
2021 1 0.68%
2022 16 10.81%
Total: 148 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm watching Neko no Ongaeshi, and I forgot how goofy and cute it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

kater
Nov 16, 2010

are there any anime uses of willhelm scream?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

kater posted:

Subbed, dubbed, or does it matter? Cause I'm sure there's an English dub of something somewhere

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

one piece used it once i think but i dont think that sfx is really a thing in japan

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Welp, I didn't expect to end up crying today, but Neko no Ongaeshi (The Cat's Repayment) just hit me right in the feelings.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

aaaa the oshiyama episode of space dandy. that was the coolest one so far

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I really like the one that has "pavane pour une infante defunte" and the episode where he meets up with his 4D ex

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Space Dandy was so good it got me to buy an extremely mediocre kickstarted deck building game based on it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
space dandy is one of the few animes my buddy will sit down and enjoy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
confusing everyone with my double eye patch space dandy cosplay

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Wait, hold the gently caress up. There's a follow-up to the manga that inspired Neko no Ongaeshi?! Yume no Machi - Neko no Danshaku is listed as a sequel to it, and Baron Humbert von Gikkingen is featured prominently on the cover.

But unfortunately the scanlation stalled a decade and a half ago :cry:
EDIT: Seems like it's still possible to find the 4 of 10 chapters, but there's nothing since then. :(

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 27, 2023

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
you now have a goal in life, OP

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Zetsubou-san posted:

you now have a goal in life, OP
I haven't really maintained the bit of Japanese I learned back when I was involved in fansubbing, and that's almost two decades and a severe case of chemobrain ago - so it's not really realistic.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

dang, chemobrain, hope things are better now

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Surprisingly, it got a digital release according to this Amazon listing.

Zetsubou-san posted:

dang, chemobrain, hope things are better now
Yeah, I'm in remission as of about a year ago.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

yay

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Barnes & Noble is doing a sale right now where if you preorder a book on their website and use the coupon code PREORDER25 you can get 25% off the book, and it looks like most upcoming manga volumes are eligible. The sale ends on the 28th.

Just telling folks in case they are like me and spend too much on manga and would like to spend a little less on manga

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

kater posted:

pretty sure it's in ghost stories (dubbed)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Lupin/Cat’s Eye special (or perhaps you could call it a movie since it’s about an hour and a half long) wasn’t bad. I’ve never seen the latter but this definitely piqued my interest, did any actors from it wind up reprising their roles?

Also Utsumi makes Zenigata look competent (especially when they team up together like this)

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

dragon ball super hero is good

dragon ball is perfect for when you're in a brain hell due to life's threats and challenges. a franchise that asks nothing of you and gives you everything

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Patware posted:

dragon ball is perfect for when you're in a brain hell due to life's threats and challenges. a franchise that asks nothing of you and gives you everything

dbz kai was my post-work comfort to get through 12 hours a day of coding a project at one point

kater
Nov 16, 2010

were there a hundred episodes of dbz super? jfc when did i have time for that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Patware posted:

dragon ball super hero is good

Controversial to say but Dragon Ball is very good

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

you just let dragon ball run and look over and dope poo poo is probably happening

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You should watch it with your full attention because the classics deserve respect!!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You should watch it with your full attention because the classics deserve respect!!

this

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Looks like Dairy of Our Days at the Breakwater and Slow Loop have finally migrated over to Crunchyroll so I get to watch 'em now. Although both are fishing anime, it seems that Slow Loop focuses more on the deepening of interpersonal relationships through fishing but Breakwater feels like it's more focused on fishing techniques. Both are very good. At least for the first episodes.

I've also watched the first episode of Slow Start and although it's cute, it doesn't seem interesting enough to really draw me in.

I have yet to find a winter 2023 show that I'm going to follow. I've yet to sit through a single episode of anything without just quitting out. The exception is Ayakashi Triangle which I'm not giving the dignity of a 3 episode test. Watching 80k gold one now, maybe that one could be good.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

sb hermit posted:

Looks like Dairy of Our Days at the Breakwater and Slow Loop have finally migrated over to Crunchyroll so I get to watch 'em now. Although both are fishing anime, it seems that Slow Loop focuses more on the deepening of interpersonal relationships through fishing but Breakwater feels like it's more focused on fishing techniques. Both are very good. At least for the first episodes.

I've also watched the first episode of Slow Start and although it's cute, it doesn't seem interesting enough to really draw me in.

I have yet to find a winter 2023 show that I'm going to follow. I've yet to sit through a single episode of anything without just quitting out. The exception is Ayakashi Triangle which I'm not giving the dignity of a 3 episode test. Watching 80k gold one now, maybe that one could be good.

I tried Slow Loop and wanted more fishing and less of the interpersonal interactions, which weren't really landing for me. I'll have to toss Breakwater on the watch list.

What all have you tried from this season and what's usually up your alley? As someone who only watched a few episodes of the original Trigun back in the day I think Stampede is pretty cool. High Card and Revenger are both pretty good action shows, MagiRevo is a fun yuri fantasy (barely) isekai.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Southern Cassowary posted:

I tried Slow Loop and wanted more fishing and less of the interpersonal interactions, which weren't really landing for me. I'll have to toss Breakwater on the watch list.

What all have you tried from this season and what's usually up your alley? As someone who only watched a few episodes of the original Trigun back in the day I think Stampede is pretty cool. High Card and Revenger are both pretty good action shows, MagiRevo is a fun yuri fantasy (barely) isekai.

I think I'm going to continue to just binge watch yurucamp s1 this season, with an occasional watch of slow loop and breakwater.

80k gold retirement anime is ok but not really hooking me into it. I might watch another 2 episodes at some point. the cringe older brother hints are pretty funny to me

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

sb hermit posted:

I think I'm going to continue to just binge watch yurucamp s1 this season, with an occasional watch of slow loop and breakwater.

80k gold retirement anime is ok but not really hooking me into it. I might watch another 2 episodes at some point. the cringe older brother hints are pretty funny to me

yurucamp owns so this is a fine choice

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

On my 3rd rewatch of season 1 yuru camp this time with the dub

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Southern Cassowary posted:

yurucamp owns so this is a fine choice

:hai:

Lube Enthusiast posted:

On my 3rd rewatch of season 1 yuru camp this time with the dub

I watch it every week while I do housecleaning since it's easy to take a break by just looking at the TV.

So I dunno how many rewatches I've done but I guess tonight's yet another one.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

There's a dub?!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

post your exh browser tabs. now!!!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
you leave them open?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I need a new anime to watch while on my stationary bike that's on Crunchyroll or Netflix, was thinking Bofuri or Edgerunners any suggestions?

fake edit, actually I wonder if I can watch Amazon Prime on my PS5.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Raenir Salazar posted:

I need a new anime to watch while on my stationary bike that's on Crunchyroll or Netflix, was thinking Bofuri or Edgerunners any suggestions?

fake edit, actually I wonder if I can watch Amazon Prime on my PS5.

Yowamushi Pedal :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

Yowamushi Pedal :getin: