Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

verbal enema posted:

im playing elden ring

Good decision!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
just hosed up some lil goblin dudes on the beach ftw

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

verbal enema posted:

just hosed up some lil goblin dudes on the beach ftw

punch the weird beak octopus thing

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Elden Ring but you get 2 b the monsters...

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Cube I like your Michael Lutz story

Jay Rust posted:

What's the best Naughty Dog game? I haven't played any of them

Crash Team Racing

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

verbal enema posted:

im playing elden ring

someone has to actually video game in this thread

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Khanstant posted:

Elden Ring but you get 2 b the monsters...

that one cool cheat in Nightmare Creatures

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The 7th Guest posted:

i mean uncharted was a series primarily about nate and his story's over. even the side game was just a side game not meant to establish a new canonical branch

same with last of us. these are games with very linear stories

they can certainly come up with something new/different. perhaps a type of game that is not just walking/running/jumping in a straight line, but given that they started with Crash Bandicoot, i'm not sure if they're capable

How soon we forget the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPsnkWqIfaU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

verbal enema posted:

that one cool cheat in Nightmare Creatures

WAMPA STOMPA

i never played nightmare creatures but i saw ads for it in gaming mags a bunch one summer but knew my dad would not spring for a game with that much evil imagery. i should try it now, its got that early 3d aesthetic thats fun to do rn

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Super Mario

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/PyroJoe/status/1618243785053605890?s=20

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

money laundering

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I hate this kind of story because it's always advertising to try to convince suckers that money can be made on the game's loot boxes and/or money laundering. Nobody is genuinely willing to pay 30 grand for a cosmetic.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i sold a csgo knife and bought a car

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
miss that knife it was sick

also crashed the car so it was a net loss tbh

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i also one time traded all my csgo gun skins to a dude to live in his house for two months

people are dumb!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

verbal enema posted:

i also one time traded all my csgo gun skins to a dude to live in his house for two months

people are dumb!

What's their username

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I traded a bunch of mid tier loot in EverQuest during the Kunark expansion for a copy of Symphony of the Night.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Givin posted:

I traded a bunch of mid tier loot in EverQuest for a copy of Symphony of the Night.

good trade

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jay Rust posted:

What's the best Naughty Dog game? I haven't played any of them

Factions.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
there as once a game that took place in caves? maybe? and there were a ton of different races and they were old lovely 3d modeled like how Dungeon Keeper 2 cutscenes looked and i think it as made by Naughty Dog does anyone have any idea what im talking about cuz i barely do

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
trolls and gremlins and gnolls maybe i think there were humans also bugs perhaps?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
was there a company called Cave Dog? that seems familiar idk

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

did he talk about homestuck

edit: michael lutz

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
i sold a tf2 Medic hair/hat thing to someone for 40 bucks a decade ago, I think. Helped me through the holiday season, since money was always tight around then for me

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Shinjobi posted:

i sold a tf2 Medic hair/hat thing to someone for 40 bucks a decade ago, I think. Helped me through the holiday season, since money was always tight around then for me

tf2 trading paid for so much poo poo back in the day i find it insane

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

verbal enema posted:

was there a company called Cave Dog? that seems familiar idk

They id Total Annihilation, one of the GOATS

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Love this mf like you wouldn't believe.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

I've prob made close to a $100 selling DOTA 2 items.

Mostly stuff from battle passes so I am sure it was a net loss but hey I bought some better games with that money.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

sirtommygunn posted:

I hate this kind of story because it's always advertising to try to convince suckers that money can be made on the game's loot boxes and/or money laundering. Nobody is genuinely willing to pay 30 grand for a cosmetic.

This item isn't possible to get from a lootbox, it's rare because it's bugged with an old now-unobtainable event item.

"Halloween Spells" were consumables that added a cosmetic effect to an item that's only visible during halloween events. They were obtainable during the halloween events in 2012, 2013 and 2014. They were supposed to be temporary event items, so they would would permanently disappear from your inventory if you logged on outside of Halloween.

However, from the beginning of halloween 2014 until the end of halloween 2015 there was a bug where, if you had an account that had played in one of those three halloween events to get some spells as rewards but had never logged on since, you could make an offline trade offer to another player without booting up TF2. If the other player accepted the trade while already in game they could apply the halloween spell before logging out. Unapplied spells still disappear when you log in, but applied ones had now become permanent. They would in theory expire at the end of the next halloween-spell based halloween event, but that event hasn't rerun since 2014 since it was replaced by a newer one.
The cosmetic effect is useless unless you play on a custom server set to halloween mode, but it's cool to know you have a bugged item.

So the only tradable items with spells on them are from people who knew that bug existed and abused it in that one-year window from 2014-2015.
I personally did it cus I thought the bug was kind of funny/cool, and still have 3 bugged halloween-spell items from... 8 years ago.

But 2015 me thought he was being funny by applying the spells to untradeable items instead of strange/unusual rarity ones, so no chance of getting $30bux each selling my rare bugged items on the community market.

Also wow I haven't thought about TF2 in a while.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
that gunslinger would have been way more that 30$

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i remember when the earbuds came out for tf2 if you logged into it on an apple computer and all the goons (me included) giving our steam info to apple goons to log us in on their comp

loving wild days

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

verbal enema posted:

that gunslinger would have been way more that 30$

:negative:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

like a lot more my dude lmao

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I'm glad the bottom fell out of the apple earpod market so I don't feel so bad trading mine for a Fire helmet for the Pyro back in 2009

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

did he talk about homestuck

edit: michael lutz

Yeah, the Homestuck Made This World podcast. The Ranged Touch guys do some good podcasts.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I don't know if this is the right place, can anyone spoil Forspokens plot?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SalTheBard posted:

I don't know if this is the right place, can anyone spoil Forspokens plot?

She moves poo poo with her freakin' mind

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I quit playing TF2 before they added hats or items, I tried playing it once after and it felt like a different game, I think I had some random crap just from owning the game or others over the years, probably should've checked before equipping it briefly before uninstalling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Khanstant posted:

I quit playing TF2 before they added hats or items, I tried playing it once after and it felt like a different game, I think I had some random crap just from owning the game or others over the years, probably should've checked before equipping it briefly before uninstalling.

you can see your crap here still
https://steamcommunity.com/my/inventory

if you have a browser addon like steam community enhancer it'll even say what the community market prices for items are
apparently I had $5bux worth of old lootboxes (which cost 2.50 each to open so lol idk who buys these)