Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many quarters after Q1 2016 till Marissa Mayer is unemployed?
1 or fewer
Her job is guaranteed; what are you even talking about?
View Results

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

The way I see it is that I don't need a food permit to cook food for myself so why should I need a law permit to use an AI Chatbot to represent myself? That's how I see it anyway.

e: I'm willing to accept that I'm 100% wrong but I just don't really see how choosing to use an AI Chatbot to represent myself by repeating it verbatim is any different from looking up a dinner recipe on NYT Cooking and following it step by step to make dinner for myself.

Because you're not using the chatbot to represent yourself. You're being represented by DoNotPay Inc's robot lawyer.

As for why it falls on that side of the line, the simple answer is "because that's how DoNotPay markets it themselves". If they want to get the benefit of the doubt, they need to at least try to rules-lawyer their way around it. If they're just going to openly claim that they're providing a "robot lawyer", something that is very clearly not allowed, the system will happily take them at their word and tell them to gently caress off.

There's certainly a argument to be made that DoNotPay is just an a system for providing self-help legal resources. But if DoNotPay wants to use that argument, they have to make it themselves - bar associations aren't going to make it on their behalf. If they're going to openly advertise themselves as breaking the rules, then nobody's going to waste any time arguing over whether they're actually breaking the rules or not.

Incidentally, even if DoNotPay advertised as just self-help resources, they'd still be against the rules, because in many jurisdictions you can't use internet-connected devices in the courtroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

The real issue with the whole thing is the company's sheer hubris. It's the epitome of the lovely "disruption" ethos: they could have done controlled tests and worked with lawyers to prove out their idea. Instead, they tried to jump straight to arguing in front of SCOTUS. When that was impossible, they wanted to do the same thing in front of a lower court. It's the same attitude Tesla shows with Autopilot: they want to unilaterally experiment within the public domain in areas that affect other peoples' lives, without bothering to work with or get the permission/acceptance of the existing experts in that field. And remember that they were actively trying to conceal it from the judges. The explicit goal was to slip it under the radar and then pull it out as a fait accompli after the trial.

The American legal system sucks! The idea of providing competent, low-cost, accessible counsel is great! But that change shouldn't happen because some company has a whacky idea one day and just goes ahead and imposes it on everybody else. Process matters.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

StumblyWumbly posted:

So, IANAL, but if I stand in front of a court and say junk, I'm the one responsible for that, even if a robot is whispering in my ear telling me to say stuff. If my buddy Tony the not-lawyer says "just fart loudly and you're free to go", the judge shouldn't care, I'm the guy responsible for doing what I do in the court. If Tony is my lawyer and he says that, and he is representing me, then there's a chance he does take a lot of the blame.

If a chatbot is whispering telling me what to say, is it "representing" me? Not in any legal way I think. And them saying they will tell you what to say but not actually represent you or be responsible, that sounds like it will break some very old laws about misleading advertising, and it is misleading in a way that could cause repercussions including physically throwing people into jail.

And then there are legal protections that you get when talking to your lawyer, but you wouldn't when talking to your chatbot, so anything you say to it could be subpoenaed.

You aren't actually fully responsible for your defense in court (unless you are pro se) and there is a concept called "ineffective counsel" that can get cases thrown out if your attorney was so bad that it directly impacted your case.

If the chatbot is treated the same as an attorney, then it is possible to get a mistrial due to a bad AI.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I think it breaks down to: the chatbot should be treated as reference material, not an attorney.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
But it's not reference material, it's dynamically feeding you answers in response to your current circumstances without your input.

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

Because you're not using the chatbot to represent yourself. You're being represented by DoNotPay Inc's robot lawyer..

So could an ai programmer use their own ai lawbot in court?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

dpkg chopra posted:

But it's not reference material, it's dynamically feeding you answers in response to your current circumstances without your input.

I swear I'm not being willfully dense but if I can google for a playbook of what to say in court (e.g., if x then say y, if a then say b, etc) then I literally don't see a difference between following that playbook verbatim vs repeating verbatim what a chatbot says. In both cases I can also choose not to repeat verbatim what my playbook/chatbot says.

e: Sure I get that you can't have an internet connected device in court but if that's the only argument then what the hell, it's 2023. Get with the times grandpa.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ianmacdo posted:

If you present it as using an algorithm to help you find relevant law and phrases to make your own arguments with, then it's really no different from using a search engine on a law database...

...as long as you print it all out in advance, anyway! Because you can't bring your cell phone to the courtroom and use it to send audio off to the internet in realtime.

If you present it as using your own robot lawyer, the judge will tell you to gently caress off.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

An AI would probably do very poorly on the LSAT or Bar exam, but very well on a law school class exam.

The LSAT and Bar exam are going to be a lot of logic puzzles and critical thinking skills that you can't just info dump an answer to (at least it did 15 years ago). A law school exam on the other hand, is almost entirely about specific content, rules, and procedures to memorize that a bot with access to the internet could easily ace.

I had a very high score on the LSAT and have been using ChatGPT to check my code in my intro level programming courses. It can absolutely do the LSAT. It can write the administrative law decisions I was earning up to $80,000 a year to write until I got out. Hoping to get a nice job managing this fusion of law and tech in the future.

Boris Galerkin posted:

e: I'm willing to accept that I'm 100% wrong but I just don't really see how choosing to use an AI Chatbot to represent myself by repeating it verbatim is any different from looking up a dinner recipe on NYT Cooking and following it step by step to make dinner for myself.

Boris Galerkin posted:

I swear I'm not being willfully dense but if I can google for a playbook of what to say in court (e.g., if x then say y, if a then say b, etc) then I literally don't see a difference between following that playbook verbatim vs repeating verbatim what a chatbot says. In both cases I can also choose not to repeat verbatim what my playbook/chatbot says.

It's not different for you. Its different for the guy who wrote the book claiming to teach you to perform a very technical and important and thus, highly regulated, skill

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 26, 2023

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

e: Sure I get that you can't have an internet connected device in court but if that's the only argument then what the hell, it's 2023. Get with the times grandpa.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hubris

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

I mean, engineers don’t use abacuses anymore. They use highly specialized software to compute and analyze the poo poo they design and build. Chemists aren’t tinkering around with vials of “earth” and “water” and trying to combine them to make gold. They’re also using highly specialized machines and software to control their reactions and/or provide analyses. Etc and so on.

Tradition for tradition sake is just inexplicable. If that’s the case why aren’t lawyers still wearing wigs and poo poo?

The world has moved on. Internet connected devices are literally everywhere.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I know little about the law but having looked at some of the programming answers ChatGPT will spit out, I wouldn't let one represent me over even a parking fine.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Tradition for tradition sake is just inexplicable. If that’s the case why aren’t lawyers still wearing wigs and poo poo?

Lots of European countries still do.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 26, 2023

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

dpkg chopra posted:

Because you're not representing yourself, that's the whole point.

Someone who is not a licensed lawyer is presenting arguments to the court, even if through software.

You're free to represent yourself badly if you want, but Court isn't a gameshow where you can call a friend to help you out.

Main Paineframe posted:

Because you're not using the chatbot to represent yourself. You're being represented by DoNotPay Inc's robot lawyer.

I think you're both wrong and buying into the DoNotPay's narrative that their software is a lawyer or something even close.

If I bring a calculator to court to represent myself in a math intensive trial, am I being actually represented by the programmers at Texas Instruments? No, I'm responsible for how I use software tools.

If I am in a tax law trial, and I use TurboTax to try and build a defense(but don't actually submit my taxes via TurboTax, bringing their liability into it), am I actually going to trial with Intuit as my representation?

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

ianmacdo posted:

An AI lawbot representing its own programmer has a fool for a client.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

withak posted:

Can law enforcement subpeona the records of what you told your chatbot not-lawyer from whatever tech company is holding them?

Probably.

The tech companies could also just willingly share it with law enforcement too. Kind of like how Ring doorbells just let cops track people around neighborhoods with no warrant.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

But if the chatbot is hosted locally on your machine and maintains only minimal diagnostic logs and no record of user interactions?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Oh seems we actually have an answer on if it could get qualified as a lawyer

https://www.reuters.com/legal/transactional/chatgpt-passes-law-school-exams-despite-mediocre-performance-2023-01-25/

quote:

ChatGPT cannot yet outscore most law students on exams, new research suggests, but it can eke out a passing grade.

A quartet of law professors at the University of Minnesota used the popular artificial intelligence chatbot to generate answers to exams in four courses last semester, then graded them blindly alongside actual students' tests.

ChatGPT’s average C+ performance fell below the humans' B+ average, the authors said. If applied across the curriculum, that would still be enough to earn the chatbot a law degree—though it would be placed on academic probation at Minnesota, ranked as the 21st best law school in the country by U.S. News & World Report.

"Alone, ChatGPT would be pretty mediocre law student," said lead study author Jonathan Choi, who collaborated with professors Kristin Hickman, Amy Monahan and Daniel Schwarcz.

"The bigger potential for the profession here is that a lawyer could use ChatGPT to produce a rough first draft and just make their practice that much more effective," he said.

Choi said he and many colleagues have now banned Internet use during in-class exams to eliminate the possibility of cheating with ChatGPT, though future exams may test their ability to effectively leverage artificial intelligence programs.

The wildly popular ChatGPT debuted in late November and is free for users. It generates sophisticated, human-like responses based on requests from users and mountains of data, including from legal texts.

Other legal academics have also been experimenting with the program. Suffolk University law dean Andrew Perlman co-authored a scholarly article with the program in December. Two other law professors had ChatGPT answer multiple-choice questions from the bar exam. It did not pass but performed better than expected.
Students wearing face masks keep social distance as they study at the large reading room of Vienna University Library amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Vienna
REUTERS/Lisi Niesner

The Minnesota law professors had ChatGPT take exams in torts, employee benefits, taxation, and aspects of constitutional law. The tests included a total of 95 multiple choice questions and 12 essay questions.

The chatbot generally did better on the essays than the multiple-choice questions, scoring in the 17th percentile of all students and the 7th percentile, respectively. But its essay performance was inconsistent.

“In writing essays, ChatGPT displayed a strong grasp of basic legal rules and had consistently solid organization and composition,” the authors wrote. “However, it struggled to identify relevant issues and often only superficially applied rules to facts as compared to real law students.”

The program scored higher on the multiple-choice questions than it would through pure chance, according to the report, but struggled to correctly answer questions involving math.

ChatGPT’s exam grades ranged from a high of a B in constitutional law to a low of C-in torts and taxation.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Do you guys think attorneys pause mid argument in front of a judge to type in web searches on their laptops

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The idea of allowing lawyers to just have laptops open in court so they can google poo poo mid-trial for their argument sounds like an absolute circus. And not even an entertaining and useful circus like if political debates included real-time fact-checking on a big screen behind the candidates when one of them is lying their rear end off.

ianmacdo posted:

No because the necessary equipment to interact with it will not be allowed in the courtroom.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

mastershakeman posted:

Do you guys think attorneys pause mid argument in front of a judge to type in web searches on their laptops

In most misdemeanor criminal proceedings, they do pause in the middle to slowly flip through their notes because they can't remember the details of their case because the AGs and PDs have so many cases to handle.

It's just as awkward as when someone was giving a presentation in class and stopped for 45 seconds to find their place. That 45 seconds feels like an eternity when it is completely silent.

Evil Fluffy posted:

The idea of allowing lawyers to just have laptops open in court so they can google poo poo mid-trial for their argument sounds like an absolute circus. And not even an entertaining and useful circus like if political debates included real-time fact-checking on a big screen behind the candidates when one of them is lying their rear end off.

No because the necessary equipment to interact with it will not be allowed in the courtroom.

It definitely happened during Zoom hearings when Covid started. Checking on your laptop mid speech is a circus, but it's really not a big deal to just have it available. Unless you get a judge who is very mad about showing respect to the institution/judicial officers and wants you making eye contact or staring ahead during the entire proceedings.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 26, 2023

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

mastershakeman posted:

I mean, if Shatner pauses are allowed, then... :v:

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

Mister Facetious posted:

I mean, if Shatner pauses are allowed, then... :v:

Denny Crane

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

In most misdemeanor criminal proceedings, they do pause in the middle to slowly flip through their notes because they can't remember the details of their case because the AGs and PDs have so many cases to handle.

It's just as awkward as when someone was giving a presentation in class and stopped for 45 seconds to find their place. That 45 seconds feels like an eternity when it is completely silent.

It definitely happened during Zoom hearings when Covid started. Checking on your laptop mid speech is a circus, but it's really not a big deal to just have it available. Unless you get a judge who is very mad about showing respect to the institution/judicial officers and wants you making eye contact or staring ahead during the entire proceedings.

Nvidia developed tech that simulates unbroken eye contact, regardless of where the streamer is actually looking.

https://kotaku.com/creepy-eye-contact-stare-ai-nvidia-broadcast-1-4-update-1850025394

Could easily be used in this case

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
In the subscription era, you can lose your access to letters

https://twitter.com/semaforben/status/1618683572839387138

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Nvidia developed tech that simulates unbroken eye contact, regardless of where the streamer is actually looking.

https://kotaku.com/creepy-eye-contact-stare-ai-nvidia-broadcast-1-4-update-1850025394

I’m pretty sure FaceTime has done this forever now.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

T Zero posted:

https://twitter.com/semaforben/status/1618683572839387138

“Chose not to renew due to price increase” is not the same thing as “can’t afford.”

Like I can afford to buy a Tesla but I choose not to because their price point vs build quality is poo poo.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

I think you're both wrong and buying into the DoNotPay's narrative that their software is a lawyer or something even close.

If I bring a calculator to court to represent myself in a math intensive trial, am I being actually represented by the programmers at Texas Instruments? No, I'm responsible for how I use software tools.

If I am in a tax law trial, and I use TurboTax to try and build a defense(but don't actually submit my taxes via TurboTax, bringing their liability into it), am I actually going to trial with Intuit as my representation?

Refer back to what I said earlier:

Main Paineframe posted:

As for why it falls on that side of the line, the simple answer is "because that's how DoNotPay markets it themselves". If they want to get the benefit of the doubt, they need to at least try to rules-lawyer their way around it. If they're just going to openly claim that they're providing a "robot lawyer", something that is very clearly not allowed, the system will happily take them at their word and tell them to gently caress off.

There's certainly an argument to be made that DoNotPay is just an a system for providing self-help legal resources. But if DoNotPay wants to use that argument, they have to make it themselves - bar associations aren't going to make it on their behalf. If they're going to openly advertise themselves as breaking the rules, then nobody's going to waste any time arguing over whether they're actually breaking the rules or not.

If someone dealing with a major bureaucracy openly says themselves that they're breaking the rules, the bureaucracy isn't going to go out of its way to check whether that's true. It'll just say "stop breaking the rules, dumbass". Neither the bar associations nor the court system want to waste time or effort peeling back the marketing jargon to define what DoNotPay is actually doing.

If DoNotPay says they're bringing in a robot lawyer, the system will respond "your robot lawyer doesn't have a law license", and that'll be that. If DoNotPay wants to argue that they're just providing a self-help tool and not an actual lawyer, then maybe they'd get a different result. But they're not willing to argue that, because it'd go against their marketing and against the story they're telling investors.

It's also quite possible that DoNotPay was always going to back out and claim Big Law forced them. There's been some suggestions that DoNotPay is actually fake, and that they're just using a fill-in-the-blanks template with some tweaks from human employees. Here's some excerpts from a long Twitter thread by someone who actually gave it a try:
https://twitter.com/KathrynTewson/status/1617918604242227200
https://twitter.com/KathrynTewson/status/1617930994346250240
https://twitter.com/KathrynTewson/status/1617937290252423169

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

T Zero posted:

That's been a thing for as long as I remember. If you're big, you have bespoke licensing deals to get the fonts you want, unless you're big / important / old enough to have your own house fonts that are part of your brand.

e: And telling Linotype to eat poo poo is always great.

e2: or Hoefler. gently caress Hoefler too.

Antigravitas fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 26, 2023

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
Oh how I love instructing new designers on the necessity of selecting open source fonts for publication.

theleagueofmoveabletype.com is a great resource, good place to start for your upgraded font collection.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company

quote:

A Google engineer said he and his wife stared at each other in "disbelief" upon learning on Friday they'd both been laid off by the company.

Ashish Kalsi, an associate principal of global engagement on Google's trust and safety team, wrote in a LinkedIn post Wednesday that he and his wife woke up on Friday to find they were both part of the company's cull of around 12,000 jobs.

Kalsi wrote that his wife woke up at 6:30 a.m. to take a meeting at 7 a.m. but found that her work profile was missing and couldn't access internal resources on her laptop. Kalsi said he assumed she'd just missed a security update.

"I checked my phone and everything looked normal, except that it wasn't," he wrote on LinkedIn. "My wife walked into the room shell shocked — I just held out my phone to show her the email I received — she had got one too.

"Two out of the 12,000 Googlers were staring at each other in disbelief in that room while our two-year-old daughter slept peacefully not knowing (thankfully so) what just hit her family."

Kalsi said he'd worked at Google for more than 11 years, starting as an evaluator for search quality on the trust and safety team in 2011. He said he worked at Google on an H-1B visa.

"The dreaded H1b countdown has begun and I'm starting to look for roles," he wrote, referring to the 60-day period immigrants on H-1B visas have to find a new job if they're laid off before they're forced to leave the country.

Google didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

In an email to staff on January 20, Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google parent Alphabet, announced the company was cutting 6% of its global workforce. Pichai said he took "full responsibility for the decisions that led us here."

Many Googlers have reported feeling stunned by the harsh and impersonal execution of the layoffs, whereby staff were notified by email.

A couple with a four-month-old baby succumbed to the cuts, Insider's Grace Dean reported. The mother was on parental leave at the time.

i knew that the h-1b visa program is severely hosed and allows companies to be highly exploitative with their foreign workers, but i guess i still hadn't realized the scale of the problem. is it typical to for someone to have been in the country for over a decade and still be on an h-1b? i guess i naively assumed that there would be an easy transition to permanent residency after a number of years

i know how stressful layoffs can be when you have kids and a mortgage, i can't imagine the extra layer of stress that must come with having two months before you have to move your entire family to another country. loving inhuman

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
IIRC the line to getting a green card is country dependent, so people from China or India are hosed. It's stupid, but there's not much political will to change it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
When execs say stuff like they take "full responsibility for the decisions that led us here" and continues their usual late stage capitalism bullshit, every employee getting fired should be allowed to take a shot at them consequence-free.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Evil Fluffy posted:

When execs say stuff like they take "full responsibility for the decisions that led us here" and continues their usual late stage capitalism bullshit, every employee getting fired should be allowed to take a shot at them consequence-free.

“I take full responsibility” is the new thoughts and prayers

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

nachos posted:

“I take full responsibility” is the new thoughts and prayers

Yes. If they took full responsibility they'd resign.

Not only are they taking zero responsibility, they stand to make money on the layoffs.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Basically every country can get up to 7% of the available green cards that year total across both family and employer sponsorship, so China, India, Mexico, and the Philippines all have mega backlogs. Another wrinkle is it's not technically by passport, but country of birth

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i knew that the h-1b visa program is severely hosed and allows companies to be highly exploitative with their foreign workers, but i guess i still hadn't realized the scale of the problem. is it typical to for someone to have been in the country for over a decade and still be on an h-1b? i guess i naively assumed that there would be an easy transition to permanent residency after a number of years

H-1Bs are for 3 years, extendable to 6, with a few ways to go beyond that. That guy's LinkedIn says he was in India until 2019, though, so he's probably still on his first H-1B.

It's a huge hassle to get a green card, doubly so for Indian citizens.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Leon Sumbitches posted:

They could even create nVidia Court Vision that adjusts this on a U.S. court Zoom call so that everyone's but the judge's eyes look slightly upwards.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Boris Galerkin posted:

The threats from the bar are not directed at the defendant who will be in the courtroom. The threats were directed at DoNotPay for providing legal advice without a license *inside of a courtroom*.

Again, the defendant using the AI chatbot in their own defense is not the party being threatened by the bar. You can defend yourself with random poo poo you Google all day long. (You'll lose, but you can do it.) DoNotPay is likely on steady legal ground with their standard business model of generating mad lib PDFs from templates, the same as all the Nolo Press books.

A person cannot sit outside the courtroom, listen to the proceedings on the phone, and direct the defendant via an earpiece in real time. That's practicing law without a license. Bonus points that the defendant was not going to disclose that they were using an AI chatbot to the judge.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
is an ai chatbot a person now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

is an ai chatbot a person now

Currently, not legally

Star trek had a lot to say on this topic.