Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Need more Morbin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torbo
Jun 12, 2007

i got a different dude pushing it, but i also immediately put the dog in the stroller where he has remained since

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
i think my favorite aspect of lego is the way completely different themes and sets can be played with together seamlessly new or old

take 30165 and 42148 for example fun for days limited only by ones imagination

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Sexual Lorax posted:

i think my favorite aspect of lego is the way completely different themes and sets can be played with together seamlessly new or old

lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
IDGI. I thought the 2nd set was gonna be like city square or something and hawkeye was an active shooter. But I dunno. Mr. Plow?

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Waltzing Along posted:

IDGI. I thought the 2nd set was gonna be like city square or something and hawkeye was an active shooter. But I dunno. Mr. Plow?
(Hawkeye's actor, Jeremy Renner, was run over and injured by a snowplow on jan 1st.)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Oh. Duh.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Sexual Lorax posted:

knew what 42148 was going to be the second I saw what 30165 was

never change SA

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sexual Lorax posted:

Lmao

Had to look them up, with the first one I was thinking forestmans hideout??? And then snorted laughing

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
A-frame is kinda awesome looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1mKgI-9v5g

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Alright yeah, I think I’m gonna have to grab this one.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Tiago's review sold me on a set I was already sold on. The rest of the reviews really nail it in, the set seems to kick some serious rear end.

Solid Brix Studios did a great review where he brought the set out into a forest (his backyard) and it really shows off the colors.

https://youtu.be/xlcm-CYiZGc

It's the first non-Botanical set in a while that is a "must buy" for me. I'll probably wait to see what other GWPs are available in the future after the Bionicle... tribute... that it doesn't qualify for anyway.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 27, 2023

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sexual Lorax posted:

TOO SOON

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think that set might have become a must buy on the basis of the easter eggs

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BaconCopter posted:

I'll probably wait to see what other GWPs are available in the future after the Bionicle... tribute... that it doesn't qualify for anyway.

Yeah. I'll get it when there is a GWP I want to pair it with.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BaconCopter posted:

Tiago's review sold me on a set I was already sold on. The rest of the reviews really nail it in, the set seems to kick some serious rear end.

Solid Brix Studios did a great review where he brought the set out into a forest (his backyard) and it really shows off the colors.

https://youtu.be/xlcm-CYiZGc

It's the first non-Botanical set in a while that is a "must buy" for me. I'll probably wait to see what other GWPs are available in the future after the Bionicle... tribute... that it doesn't qualify for anyway.

I'm not a Lego Building guy, but that's a HELL of a nice looking set.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I want that A frame but I still haven't even bought the Blacksmith yet, which I think I might like slightly better.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/legodoumoko/status/1618941206532362241

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Drop bears confirmed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wonder how much that classic space baby is gonna go for. Probably will make more sense to just buy the whole minifig on Ebay or something. I really want like 10 of those so I can do a midi scale classic space capitol ship or something and incorporate figs. I feel like that would be a really fun use for them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think the Mario sets might be coming to an end soon. Pretty much all the characters have been released now. Morton and Roy are the only ones I can see that haven't been released. So perhaps the next run in the summer along with another big set and then that might be it. Hard to say. They have released a ton of sets, though.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

and then it will be Wario's time to shine

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Just in time for v2

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Will v2 just have normal minifigs?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I could see Wario/Waluigi/Daisy at some point. Maybe Donkey Kong gang.

There are probably some other critters that haven't been made yet but after 6 minifig series and tons of sets, the only main things I can see them having left are those two koopalings.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

I could see Wario/Waluigi/Daisy at some point. Maybe Donkey Kong gang.

There are probably some other critters that haven't been made yet but after 6 minifig series and tons of sets, the only main things I can see them having left are those two koopalings.

id be ok if they called it after a toad starter set, just to round out the smb2 cast

listening to that little freak scream about poo poo would be hilarious

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I kind of wanted Kuribo’s shoe but just getting a Mario is like at least $50, u less I’m missing something.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Made a mini headhunter to go along with the resistance x-wing conversion

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Today is national LEGO day. Empty your bank account in homage to our hobby.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I've been all week resisting the urge to get the Sanctum Sanctorum that is on discount on the local Lego Store.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Waltzing Along posted:

Today is national LEGO day. Empty your bank account in homage to our hobby.

February fourth.
For the a frame

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I just ordered the Eiffel Tower because I'm homicidally insane AMA.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BigglesSWE posted:

I just ordered the Eiffel Tower because I'm homicidally insane AMA.

Who are you planning on killing with your LEGO Eiffel Tower?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

radlum posted:

I've been all week resisting the urge to get the Sanctum Sanctorum that is on discount on the local Lego Store.

Is it a smashed box or?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Waltzing Along posted:

Who are you planning on killing with your LEGO Eiffel Tower?

The mailman will crumble under the weight of the package, the perfect crime!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
We decided to start on the CNY parade tonight and it is pretty awesome. Even though it says 8+ it's a fairly interesting build. I did the middle float and had a blast doing it. Too many stickers, though.

E: this is the 2nd 2023 set I've worked on. Both had the manual come in a cardboard sleeve. Seems a good way to keep them safe. I hope they continue with this.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 29, 2023

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I need some sort of display stand or holder for sets 75249 and 75336. Any reason I shouldn't get these?

75249: https://www.wickedbrick.com/products/display-solutions-for-lego-star-wars-y-wing-75249

75249: https://www.wickedbrick.com/products/display-stand-for-lego-star-wars-inquisitor-transport-scythe-75336

I also need some sort of transparent case to protect them from dust. Not the fancy kind with inserts and backgrounds, just something big enough to fit 75249 and 75336 individually. Might need one for 10281 too. Not sure where to find those, any recommendations?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Wicked Brick is nice, although the shipping is slow and they’re a bit expensive. I haven’t been able to find an alternative. They have the boxes that you speak of as well.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
The local drug store had a few polybags. Picked up three panda bears and the forklift, which has a remarkably clever mechanism for such a small design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Leaks!
71799 Ninjago City Market $369.99 6163 pcs coming out June 1st
GWP after Bionicle (2/10) seems like the one for the Jazz Club... which is intensely dumb timing but :shrug: