Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I haven't seen Elise played in forever, what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Combo posted:

I haven't seen Elise played in forever, what the hell

she's undergoing a bit of a renaissance right now, at least in solo queue, since getting an early gold lead is such a massive wedge to have with the current state of the game

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

she's been played in the LCK as well

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tapping the sign that says DRAVEN IS A SNOWBALL CHAMP every time an LCS team picks him and does nothing in the early game to push an advantage.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

CODChimera posted:

she's been played in the LCK as well

Haven't gotten to watch any LCK yet this season. League still makes me fall asleep so it takes me forever to watch games generally speaking

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Combo posted:

Haven't gotten to watch any LCK yet this season. League still makes me fall asleep so it takes me forever to watch games generally speaking

it's been pretty good so far with some wild botlane poo poo popping up like support caitlyn, and wolf's stepped up his game and become a much better on-cast presence to boot

huni and laure are also starting to make appearances and i like 'em both

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Props to TSM for going for the throat instead of the boring "let's just take mid inhib"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kirtar posted:

Props to TSM for going for the throat instead of the boring "let's just take mid inhib"

they're a roster with 0 expectations and that might actually work to their advantage, just go loving all out and see what happens

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well, he did it. He kept his promise.

https://twitter.com/TLCoreJJ/status/1618845261027213313

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

EG putting a lot of effort into throwing this game right now.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

njsykora posted:

EG putting a lot of effort into throwing this game right now.

Well they succeeded at something

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Yuumi Sivir vs Zeri Lulu... what patch are we on again?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Yuumi Sivir vs Zeri Lulu... what patch are we on again?

13.1, not 13.1b, so it's still Nightmare World until next week

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

It is becoming clear already that Fudge cannot be allowed to have Ksante.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

13.1, not 13.1b, so it's still Nightmare World until next week

are you sure it's not 12.15 because it certainly feels like it

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kinda thinking the tank that can also instantly turn into fiora at will might be a slight issue to balance

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Obviously GG made it easy for them with their draft, but I really can't believe some of these skirmishes K'Sante is taking

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

njsykora posted:

It is becoming clear already that Fudge cannot be allowed to have Ksante.

I feel like if you're going to allow zeri/yuumi/sivir/lulu to go through every draft, nobody should be allowed to have ksante

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

gwrtheyrn posted:

I feel like if you're going to allow zeri/yuumi/sivir/lulu to go through every draft, nobody should be allowed to have ksante

Ksante was last pick. They blind drafted Jax while leaving the Jax counter Ksante open

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Ksante was last pick. They blind drafted Jax while leaving the Jax counter Ksante open

This relies on trusting your top laner to actually win with jax when this is the region of 'gently caress it, just pick tanks tops'

I don't know if it's some scrim thing, but like it doesn't really seem to bear out on stage as the teams seem to think. Like LCK seems to think lunami into zeri/sivir/lulu/yuumi is an even match, but lunami has like an 80% winrate.

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 28, 2023

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Vermain posted:

kinda thinking the tank that can also instantly turn into fiora at will might be a slight issue to balance

yeah. i also dont really find him that fun or interesting to watch but i might be alone in that idk

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i know it's literally day 2 of the season but this TSM roster is... surprisingly okay

for a budget roster assembled out of whatever post-FTX scraps the org could afford, they're really playing as a squad here

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

TL still have a gold lead in this game yet it doesn't feel like they have a chance of actually winning.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this is literally the best a TSM roster has looked in years lmao

time will tell if it remains that way but what a way to start the season

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Vermain posted:

i know it's literally day 2 of the season but this TSM roster is... surprisingly okay

for a budget roster assembled out of whatever post-FTX scraps the org could afford, they're really playing as a squad here

I'm guessing Regi may be hands off this team, just assuming they are going to go 0/18.

Once they start to win their jungler will be processed the normal TSM way.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Vermain posted:

this is literally the best a TSM roster has looked in years lmao

time will tell if it remains that way but what a way to start the season

Careful, all they did was beat the 10th and 9th place teams

that being said, in terms of "doing things" and making plays this is the most cohesive a TSM team has looked in quite a while

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

A consistent trait of good teams is their ability to come back from bad early games and this TSM roster seems to have that down at least. Also one of the sections of that diagonal scroll screen they have in the studio isn't aligned properly and its driving me crazy.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I think people are overrating TL, they have the guy that looked like a clown in spring playoffs last year and the guy who fans were ready to tear to shreds until Zeka carried his rear end across the finish line. They also have two rookies in key spots. I think their floor is a lot lower than people think.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Begging the League gods for 100T to lose to Immortals.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
"when I was 9 years old watching the season 3 finals" okay dude

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

henkman posted:

"when I was 9 years old watching the season 3 finals" okay dude

season 3 feels like it took place in another loving galaxy, hard to believe it's been that long

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010

Firebert posted:

I think people are overrating TL, they have the guy that looked like a clown in spring playoffs last year and the guy who fans were ready to tear to shreds until Zeka carried his rear end across the finish line. They also have two rookies in key spots. I think their floor is a lot lower than people think.

Like when I started seeing the Hype about TL I was confused.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Armut what the gently caress are you doing?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Greataval posted:

Like when I started seeing the Hype about TL I was confused.

I hope they keep going. Korean teams don't win because 'lol hand gap' they win from continual practice and improvement.

Also they need a draft coach. These comps ain't it. All low range or melee into azir ornn triple ADC just is so hard to play. They have to be massively far head to make that work.

Like who is going to damage an ornn? None of them. They have to hope they are Strong enough to ignore him and kill his team.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

forgot to mention it, but LCK starts a good bit earlier on weekends - 12 AM EST, i think - so west coasters can catch a few games

T1 vs DK game 1 was a loving banger, go give the VOD a watch if you didn't see it live

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Vermain posted:

forgot to mention it, but LCK starts a good bit earlier on weekends - 12 AM EST, i think - so west coasters can catch a few games

T1 vs DK game 1 was a loving banger, go give the VOD a watch if you didn't see it live

Third game has a bot lane Draven with a support Kalista. Get around it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

First game of LEC week 2 and apparently every team got a massive blow to the head over the last week and forgot what Zeri/Yuumi does.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

We're banning Aurelion Sol now? Did I miss scrim meta?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah sure give the Zeri 4 kills in the first 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
This game is less of a stomp than I thought it would be so far