Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Lurks With Wolves posted:

It didn't help that they were planning on debuting someone (I forgot who, exactly) as Katie Vick's brother
I believe this was Scott Vick, formerly Sick Boy in WCW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I dont think there even could have been a way to properly unmask Kane. You either would have to have him wear burn makeup for the rest of his career or its just his face and its lame. I guess the latter was more practical so they went with it. The black smears of makeup were dumb tho.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
has there ever been like a good early crow sting tag team? betrayed too many times and now they both hang out in rafters while their enemies are below, practicing their vengeful looks in case someone thinks to point a spotlight up there?

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

The Science of Suck posted:

has there ever been like a good early crow sting tag team? betrayed too many times and now they both hang out in rafters while their enemies are below, practicing their vengeful looks in case someone thinks to point a spotlight up there?

He and Darby Allin sort of did that a couple of times, right?

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Dr. Quarex posted:

Katie Vick was not the worst, for the reasons given, but it was the first time I started to wonder if maybe WWE enjoyed hearing what the fans wanted and actively doing the opposite. I am not saying this WAS the first time, I just was a huge Kane fan and could not believe how they were treating his organic rise as a top face

Yeah, this is a theme I've picked up on from the youtube videos and from AmDrag's auto-bio. Vinny Mac seems to really, really, really loving hate it when any wrestler he didn't hand-select for the top of the card gets popular. And if they do get popular, he's going to do his best to ruin it. The necrophelia angle might be the worst example I've seen.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
there's also the period where Roman was the appointed one but the fans got behind him too early. that one seemed to gently caress their reaction to him for a few years

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Yeah, this is a theme I've picked up on from the youtube videos and from AmDrag's auto-bio. Vinny Mac seems to really, really, really loving hate it when any wrestler he didn't hand-select for the top of the card gets popular. And if they do get popular, he's going to do his best to ruin it. The necrophelia angle might be the worst example I've seen.

Because he can't claim full ownership of it.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Friendly reminder, this is the final mention/appearance of Scott Hall in WCW

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Keiji Muto grunts a lot. I thought it was an Old Man Muto thing but I watched the first G1 Climax Final (against Chono) and he was doing that a lot already. Chono also seems to do it a lot, as if his cardio sucks or something.

I noticed that Kento Miyahara also does it but it seems more like a mannerism/affectation to me (he's just so loud in general). Who else are really loud grunters/panters?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Mick Foley was pretty famous for YA YA YAing with every punch

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lily Catts posted:

Keiji Muto grunts a lot. I thought it was an Old Man Muto thing but I watched the first G1 Climax Final (against Chono) and he was doing that a lot already. Chono also seems to do it a lot, as if his cardio sucks or something.

I noticed that Kento Miyahara also does it but it seems more like a mannerism/affectation to me (he's just so loud in general). Who else are really loud grunters/panters?

Anyone trained by Emi Sakura or trained by someone she trained

edit: oh you meant someone who doesn't do it on purpose

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It makes the moves hurt more, same rules as tennis players only in a much less boring sport

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lily Catts posted:

Lex Luger makes so much loving noise doing everything

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
John Cena grunts so loudly you'd swear he was talking to his opponents! :v:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lily Catts posted:

In the early days of modern NXT, I seem to recall Curtis Axel would yell "SHA!" during his moves to the point that the Full Sail crowd started yelling it along with him.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I’ve always been a fan of Jericho’s wind-up “WHAA-“ before landing a stiff chop

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Lionheart vs Wild Pegasus from the 1995 Super J-Cup has lots of Jericho going SHA SHA SHA

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

You could even say he never shuts up! :v:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How else would you know where he is if he wasn’t making all that noise?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Tanahashi also puts a lot of noise into his actions.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Was his tag team match from a few weeks ago on smackdown the most blatantly wrestlers have ever talked to each other? Serious question. I have never seen a match where everyone was goddamned screaming at their opponents and yelling at their teammates to crawl more slowly towards them for tags. It was unbelievable.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Asteroid Alert posted:

In his case it might be because his knees are exploding in agony with every movement he makes

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
HUSS

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How's the Berzerker doing these days?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Screamin Norman Smiley is probably my favourite wrestler ever

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Funny how it was the World title (that Triple H rarely let go of during that time) rather than the WWE title

Since HHH truly believes that he's the ric flair of the 2000’s it makes sense that the wcw big gold belt would be what he coveted.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Sadly, an ALS diagnosis and substance abuse. :smith:

He was part of a class-action lawsuit against WWE over negligence involving head trauma, but IIRC it was dismissed by a judge who was probably paid off.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bonk posted:

Sadly, an ALS diagnosis and substance abuse. :smith:

He was part of a class-action lawsuit against WWE over negligence involving head trauma, but IIRC it was dismissed by a judge who was probably paid off.

The lawyer for that class action suit was massively incompetent..

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Asteroid Alert posted:

Yeah I'm guessing he picked it up from Muto, but the latter sounds like he's out of breath all the time lol

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ospreay is very loud in the ring

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

MassRafTer posted:

Was this the guy with the Greek-sounding name? Can't remember it exactly.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MassRafTer posted:

Konstantine Kyros? The guy that keeps suing WWE and getting it dismissed?

And that’s a shame about Berzerker, he seemed like a nice guy.

Which means I started the clock for someone to come in and tell me he has a puppy murder farm.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Konstantine Kyros? The guy that keeps suing WWE and getting it dismissed?

And that’s a shame about Berzerker, he seemed like a nice guy.

Which means I started the clock for someone to come in and tell me he has a puppy murder farm.

Only a select few WWE people are truly evil like that. Most are your run of the mill domestic abusers, drunk drivers and people who are just generally bad at the whole "basic human decency" thing.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

that's JR

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Hirez posted:

that's JR

Does he force-feed them Skittles?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
And we all thought it was Lawler who ran puppies into the ground.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Lily Catts posted:

Keiji Muto grunts a lot. I thought it was an Old Man Muto thing but I watched the first G1 Climax Final (against Chono) and he was doing that a lot already.

I remember watching a YT video compilation of Mutoh screaming 'MADAFAKAH' during his matches. Dude loves that cuss.

Sadly, I can't find that video anymore.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm OK thanks.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
What's the oldest video footage of wrestling? I assume it's in some early french silent movies or something obscure for a few scenes

What's the oldest match that's out there that people have seen? ie. there's youtube of it. I assume it's that french Young Bucks guys doing their thing in the 30's or whatever that I've seen some stuff of

Just got me thinking historically like if the people in the crowd were going banana's thinking it's real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hirez posted:

What's the oldest video footage of wrestling? I assume it's in some early french silent movies or something obscure for a few scenes

What's the oldest match that's out there that people have seen? ie. there's youtube of it. I assume it's that french Young Bucks guys doing their thing in the 30's or whatever that I've seen some stuff of

Just got me thinking historically like if the people in the crowd were going banana's thinking it's real

The most complete old match is Earl Caddock vs Joe Stecher from 1920
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQl6mmAtkbE

The oldest footage is from 1913 Gustav Fristensky vs Josef Smejkal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLNfu5GXuhQ

Gotch/Hackenschmidt II from 1911 was filmed but all footage was lost.