Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

mabrouk jeremy but you missed one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I also asked it a couple of things relating to my academic field of study but as it is a very narrow field it would doxx me to share them, but its answers were pretty good.

I did this but the answers it gave were like those of a good marketing person. They looked valid on the surface, but showed a lack of technical understanding as you'd expect.

They were better than an actual marketing person would have come up with.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I apologise in advance for inflicting this on the thread..

https://twitter.com/rickburin/status/1618729159660019720?s=46&t=EWrYOD-ludB4wjeElwkZFQ

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ah yes the classical form of a pillar, "everywhere" love to hold my metaphorical roof up with the concept of nothing.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

that's okay I clicked the play button just to confirm it's actually howard and then stopped before I took psychic damage

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

smellmycheese posted:

Let’s stop talking down a country that can’t even build a loving train track

https://twitter.com/natashac/status/1618734448643801088?s=46&t=nQ4QdS8vj27d04guR7WAag
A high speed line linking three two! major northern cities directly with somewhere on the outskirts of London, all for the low low price of £48 £56 £78 £91 billion. Let nobody say that Britain cannot deliver!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

They've found some interesting archaeology in some parts they've dug up, haven't they?

That's nice!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

They should have set up a transport tycoon demonstration to sell the idea really

Once people saw all the quick trains getting stuck cos of the piddly little ones they'd be all on board

Probably should be magrail by now though

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Can't say anything these days.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Skarsnik posted:

They should have set up a transport tycoon demonstration to sell the idea really
Or a catchy musical number.

"HS2... HS2... HS2!!!!"
"HS - d'oh!"

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/WinslowDumaine/status/1618655306321637379

Who are you? Come out and show yourself.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
If that poo poo was ever here, and I sort of doubt it, it's on :reddit: now. The narwhal bacons at midnight is literally a reddit meme those weenies use to identify themselves.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

They're the other half of the Guy Mann podcast.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Fiesta Cat.

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

State of this. It's hilarious.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Podcasts aren't real, they're just something we made up to keep liberals and bootlickers quiet.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
A podcast about something awful my word, possibly worse than something awful itself.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

keep punching joe posted:

A podcast about something awful my word, possibly worse than something awful itself.

Well I hope the podcast is called 'something more awful' then

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Something Aural

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Something Earful

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64426465

Alan Cumming: Actor and US Traitors host hands back OBE

quote:

Actor Alan Cumming has returned the OBE he was awarded in 2009 as part of the Queen's birthday honours list.

The X-Men star said although he had been "grateful", his eyes were now "opened" over "the toxicity of empire".

etc

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
haha well done, that actor

ireland should give an award to people who do that imo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

crispix posted:

haha well done, that actor

ireland should give an award to people who do that imo

They should be deprived of statehood for accepting one in the first place, only restored conditional on handing it back and doing community service.

Ditto declaring for England in football

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

It's not unfair to say my youth ended with the demise of Epic Meal Time.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Failed Imagineer posted:

They should be deprived of statehood for accepting one in the first place, only restored conditional on handing it back and doing community service.

i disagree, they should get a special award

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
The Order of the Great Bunch of Lads.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I copied a couple of demo tapes up on to youtube from the early 90s apparently 3 years ago (didn't realize it was that long ago!) Someone found one of them and bought the cassette off me for £15.

People actually pay money for stuff like that? I'm sure I've got some 80s bootleg tapes in the attic somewhere.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Only Kindness posted:

If that poo poo was ever here, and I sort of doubt it, it's on :reddit: now. The narwhal bacons at midnight is literally a reddit meme those weenies use to identify themselves.
The bacon thing was hilarious because it all started as a way to shift warehouses full of pork bellies that were suffering price collapse due to healthy eating.

Then the same sorts of people claim that a cabal of Jewish Globalists want everyone to eat bugs and they would never fall for such a thing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Would have et it myself if they'd kept it as belly pork.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

BBC is pushing COME BACK TO THE OFFICE IT'S HARMING ECONOMIC GROWTH, ALL BOSSES THINK SO hard just now.

Work life balance, fuel/emissions savings and better empirical productivity; what's that?

Clearly the issue is that people aren't wasting 5% of their lives commuting to work so that their bosses can stare over their shoulder and make sure they are 'busy' and feel comforted that work is happening.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Skarsnik posted:

"Mashinky? That sounds foreign, no thanks."

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Office can gently caress off.

I met with the MD of a potential employer just before christmas and he was insistent that I'd have to go to the office in London once a month just for the sake of it. Said that one can't form connections without being face to face, which is such bullshit.

Until my department's christmas do last year, I had not been to my office for more than a year. The man I refer to as my work wife is a Romanian that I've never met and probably never will.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1618906096554622976

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000
I went into the office for one day this week, for the first time in 3 years.

Yesterday I had a sore throat and today it's turning into a cough.

LOL

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Filmed on location in Y'ha-nthlei

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Private Speech posted:

BBC is pushing COME BACK TO THE OFFICE IT'S HARMING ECONOMIC GROWTH, ALL BOSSES THINK SO hard just now.

Work life balance, fuel/emissions savings and better empirical productivity; what's that?

Clearly the issue is that people aren't wasting 5% of their lives commuting to work so that their bosses can stare over their shoulder and make sure they are 'busy' and feel comforted that work is happening.

It's harming the rents they rich are paying on empty offices.

THINK OF THE POOR OFFICE LANDLORDS!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nilbop posted:

The Order of the Great Bunch of Lads.

And instead of Sir/Dame, its Yer One.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Friday Night with Nadine and Boris

:zaurg:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
My bosses don't think so. They're fully hybrid / wfh now and probably never going back to full in office working.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I go into the office 3 days a week and I enjoy it but I work for a charity so it's a casual environment and I like the people I work with so I want to see them. 3 days is just enough time to do all the work I'm supposed to do in a week and then I get to spend 2 days at home chilling out, watching wrestling and answering the occasional email like I'm doing right now. Perfect combo imo, corporate culture can loving do one