Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

forkboy84 posted:

Bix posted relatively recently in the Podcast thread, when we were talking about Meltzer & his being fooled by some dipshit claiming to be Kaito Ishida

Ah, I don’t follow that thread! Thanks for the heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

bix is a pretty public figure in the wrestling takes biz i think it's fine to post him in here, it's not like it was all that malicious to begin with #itsmy2cents

e; the original rule was in place to stop things like quoting someone from the fed thread to call them an idiot in here anyways

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

yea ok posted:

bix is a pretty public figure in the wrestling takes biz i think it's fine to post him in here, it's not like it was all that malicious to begin with #itsmy2cents

e; the original rule was in place to stop things like quoting someone from the fed thread to call them an idiot in here anyways
:hmmyes: imo it's kinda weird to probate that since it's not a forums take, it's a Twitter take, and it's not like they dunked on Bix specifically because he's a goon. Also nobody should be expected to keep track of which goons have Twitter accounts and vice-versa.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

yea ok posted:

Yeah I'd totally say the spirit of 'don't post goons in the mock threads' isn't some weird solidarity or protection like 'sorry cliffyb has an SA account so we can't post his dumb tweets' it's to prevent lazy slapfights where we just quote eachother's posts from other threads.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We can reevaluate the rules if we’d like and just what constitutes a poster’s take because I hate operating in the gray areas of “well, it could be buuuuutttt”.

The specific rule in the OP of this thread is to not post anything from this forum but we also have a general rule to not post about posters so it’s a little sticky IMO.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

forkboy84 posted:

OK, I'm an idiot white guy from an exceedingly white part of an exceedingly white country. Can someone clarify what this guy means when he talks about "foundational black Americans"? I assume he's talking about descendants of slaves & it's just being a oval office about other black people who migrated to America post 1865 but I'm not sure.

Foundational Black Americans sounds like a Black Israelite/Hotep thing.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Testekill posted:

Foundational Black Americans sounds like a Black Israelite/Hotep thing.

nah forkboy is right, its literally reductionist to descendents of slavery alone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Descendants_of_Slavery

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tariq_Nasheed

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MJeff posted:

Bix is making a fairly reasonable request imo, it really looks like she's just nailing them in the loving head at full speed.

Yeah obviously here you see Ruby already moving her head before the impact but she still whips her head so fast that for a split second you go "drat she really hit her hard" and that's what makes the hip attack the best move in the AEW Women's Division because Toni always looks like she's drilling people with it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

That drunk guy is mad because The Dirt Sheets aren't dirty enough.

Absolutely disgusted about the consensual sex happening in AEW. I'm going back to WWE where I know consent isn't a factor.

Oh man, if you guys saw this evidence I have all this real evidence right here that is completely real

I'm not gonna post it though

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The original idea behind the rule was just to avoid causing drama.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Some dipshit on Cagematch voted both Briscoes a 0.0 on the date of Jay's death.

GriffinX on Cagematch posted:

[0.0] "Awful just awful Bad at promos, no logic to his matches it would be one thing if he just wanted to be a spot guy but he doesn't even do the spots that well."
I mean it's possible he posted it before the news broke that night, but still, a zero?

His 10.0 ratings are mostly legit great wrestlers, but looking down the list, his opinions of who deserves high and low ratings are bananas. Hook gets a 10, Bayley is a 3, and Bianca Belair is a 0. :pwn:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm going to say it. Someone doing a lot of spots is not a good reason to think they are a bad wrestler

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

just a spot monkey says the guy who only thinks working the limb is wrestling

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the ringside news guy 1000% inserted Jungle Boy into his make-believe dirtsheet due to the time he messaged weirdo poo poo to Anna Jay lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/slate_s42/status/1618991611131879424?t=w4V2hMdVUDgYbvqOSpo5ag&s=19

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

sure why not. it's good to have hope sometimes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cardona and Myers have been teasing Cardona showing up but there’s a better than equal chance it’s just as an excuse to shill their toy lines

https://mobile.twitter.com/Myers_Wrestling/status/1618657117493424129

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WrestlingIsKing/status/1618765113187762179

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

The original idea behind the rule was just to avoid causing drama.

It didn’t work

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

there are so many things more worthy of their energy to be mad about

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I can see a HHH-run NXT going for Nick Aldis, as a valuable veteran presence, but pretty much lmao at the other suggestions except maybe Matt Cardona.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 27, 2023

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

How did Pretty Peter Avalon help them hit 1m?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

Nick Aldis

valuable

Found Billy Corgan’s account

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

I can see a HHH-run NXT going for Nick Aldis, as a valuable veteran presence, but pretty much lmao at the other suggestions except maybe Matt Cardona.

Muto would absolutely do it if they threw enough money at him. It’d be funny to see him trying to go over the top rope though

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Muto would absolutely do it if they threw enough money at him. It’d be funny to see him trying to go over the top rope though

The Great Muta's Final Royal Rumble Appearance.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

since it's just someone being dumb on fb I figured I'd block the name

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
nah, they're right. the fake mustache was a rough look + her going full ojousama while still keeping some of the queen and Queen elements works much better

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

edogawa rando posted:

Yeah, pretty sure Jay, even if he is gone, isn't free until the 31st, Muto can barely walk and I doubt he risk loving himself over before the Naito match, WWE would never book Suzuki, they barely did book KAIRI. Aldis, sure, but yeah he's more likely as a mid-boss in NXT and Cardona is decently likely, I think (although unless he's getting a massive deal, I think he's making a mistake given the thing that got him over on the indies doesn't work in WWE, so he'll just be Zack Ryder again).

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fwiw Cardona is still actively promoting indie dates that fall well after the rumble in like March, which would be a dick move if he knew he was going back for anything more than an appearance and would have to cancel

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The obsession with AEW hitting one million views is so dumb. It's an arbitrary number pulled out of thin air because it sounds big.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/savvasthekiller/status/1619053736332238848
https://twitter.com/savvasthekiller/status/1619063206068248576

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

flatluigi posted:

nah, they're right. the fake mustache was a rough look + her going full ojousama while still keeping some of the queen and Queen elements works much better

yeah, thats not a bad take at all. The Freddy gimmick held her back

Vandar posted:

The obsession with AEW hitting one million views is so dumb. It's an arbitrary number pulled out of thin air because it sounds big.

Yup. Considering their goal at the outset was 500k, I'd say the TV execs are still pretty happy when Dynamite "only" gets 800k.

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 28, 2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Duke Pukem posted:

yeah, thats not a bad take at all. The Freddy gimmick held her back

And Emi knows it, she only does the Freddy gimmick for special occasions now even in Japan. She's spent the last few years slowly refining a gimmick that American audiences respond to while keeping it hers.

It wasn't a gimmick that needed to be shat upon quite so much though.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

fez_machine posted:

And Emi knows it, she only does the Freddy gimmick for special occasions now even in Japan. She's spent the last few years slowly refining a gimmick that American audiences respond to while keeping it hers.

It wasn't a gimmick that needed to be shat upon quite so much though.

Right, that's why I think it's worth posting here. Hell, in the context of AEW the Freddie gimmick is largely the stomp clap (still here) and the yellow jumpsuit/mic used in a few promotional photos early on in her signing.
Like maybe their position is nuanced, but it's not what came out in the post. It looked like they just didn't like goofy stuff like Emi still has.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bring back Lulu

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Seams posted:

Bring back Lulu

Lulu is working for IGN Japan and doing well.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lulu's hanging out with Hideo Kojima, she's fine

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

*says lulu pencil's shoot name which i know* She's ok

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Coolness Averted posted:

Right, that's why I think it's worth posting here. Hell, in the context of AEW the Freddie gimmick is largely the stomp clap (still here) and the yellow jumpsuit/mic used in a few promotional photos early on in her signing.
Like maybe their position is nuanced, but it's not what came out in the post. It looked like they just didn't like goofy stuff like Emi still has.

She also did the Freddie Mercury call and response thing during the Romero Special.

That and the stomp clamp AND her music were both conspicuously absent from this match (bring it all back, dirty Tony( and yes, it would have gone over like a lead balloon in this match so idk))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

Lulu's hanging out with Hideo Kojima, she's fine

If there's someone I trust around women it's definitely Hideo Kojima.