Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Uh-oh

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1618609441385099264?s=46&t=D85zkeXDV-m9XsK8P1ux5w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If that's the head, it looks like they weren't planning on including an Andrew Garfield head, regardless.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
It's not just the head, it's doesn't have the removed mask anymore and it's got one set less of hand parts too.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Sanschel posted:

Those colors are so hideous by themselves but all together they look great.

I don't know if the line will go long enough to get into the neon pink 90s figures, but if it does OH BOY

Here's the Tiger Force, dreaded enemy of the Python Patrol

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1618635148119142401?s=46&t=D85zkeXDV-m9XsK8P1ux5w

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

I don't know if the line will go long enough to get into the neon pink 90s figures, but if it does OH BOY

I saw Recondo at the store yesterday and passed on him. For some reason his mustache looked lopsided on all the figures. Like it's a little longer and lower on the one side.

I wanted him for my Dad Patrol display, which currently is Outback, Bazooka, and Sgt. Santa (as their leader).

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I think it's supposed to be lopsided because he's giving an Aussi smirk.

Edit: I double checked and he's from Wisconsin? Weird origin for a dude modeled to look like a ghurka.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 26, 2023

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Edit: I double checked and he's from Wisconsin? Weird origin for a dude modeled to look like a ghurka.

He’s definitely pulling a face, which makes it look lopsided. Crocodile Dundee was big in Wisconsin so Recondo stole the look.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Recondo has always been an Aussie to me as outside North America the Joes were given backgrounds from all over the world and he was very much Australian in the comic stories and file cards over here. But as far as the line goes in North America, all the Joes were American through and through for at least the first few years. The most other prominent example I recall was Airborne - native American in the US, Italian in Europe.

Because he was a mouthy Aussie with an awesome jungle canoe, I always had a soft spot for Recondo so looking forward to the eventual classic camo version.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Ah. If he's making a face then that'd make sense. If I see him again I'll have to give it a better look.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

what's doctor spectrum's user name?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

My controller just needs a left arm now. First BAF I’ve done in a long time. I just wanted it for an obscure Simpsons joke.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

Gotta ask, how did you get the stripes off Duke without rubbing off the other paint?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

My controller just needs a left arm now. First BAF I’ve done in a long time. I just wanted it for an obscure Simpsons joke.

Is that the one that comes with Quake/Maria Hill? If so I’ve got an extra I’ll never use.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

Gotta ask, how did you get the stripes off Duke without rubbing off the other paint?

Q-tip, nail polish remover and patience.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sanschel posted:

Is that the one that comes with Quake/Maria Hill? If so I’ve got an extra I’ll never use.

It is the very arm from her (and I think a second hand?). Haven’t found a deal on one so I’m happy to buy it from you.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

It is the very arm from her (and I think a second hand?). Haven’t found a deal on one so I’m happy to buy it from you.

Sent you a pm

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
This can't bode well for anything:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/hasbro-plans-to-lay-off-15-of-workforce-and-warns-of-holiday-season-loss/ar-AA16MG3R

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

This figure is completely badass, and completely worth the trouble!

She's bigger than I expected, taller than the average Marvel Legends figure. Fully 7" tall to the top of the headdress. She doesn't even look out of place next to Masterverse figures and those guys are huge. Super impressive sculpt and paint, especially for a ML figure from a few years ago. The one I got really is flawless, zero paint issues or bent pieces, and I'm glad I held out for such a good one.

Edit:

Does anyone have an unmasked head from a Marvel Legends Daredevil figure that they'd be willing to part with? The new 3-pack DD sadly did not come with one. I scored a really cheap guy-in-a-suit that would make a great base for a Matt Murdock figure, which is a thing I want to have. I think the best Matt Murdock head was from the retro-carded Armored Daredevil, a figure that's a little pricey and I don't really want, and I'm not seeing a lot of eBay hits for the loose head. The head from the yellow suit Daredevil is OK, and easier to find.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jan 27, 2023

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Anyone have Khonshu pieces they don’t want? I need the arms, staff, and left leg but eBay prices for each are basically the same as the figures they’re included with and I have no interest in them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Anyone have Khonshu pieces they don’t want? I need the arms, staff, and left leg but eBay prices for each are basically the same as the figures they’re included with and I have no interest in them.

I’m after the Jimmy Woo arm and left leg too. I managed to grab the other 4 figures for cheap, thankfully they’re all pretty good! I don’t care about zombie Wanda tho.

I figure like all ML figures they’ll drop in price as they reach saturation.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Yet Wizards of the Coast did make a tidy profit >_>

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I'm after both Armadillo arms if anyone has then going spare?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I've got a bunch of misc BAF parts. Would it be worth a thread BAF part sheet or something?

Also, I just found out this site existed for SHF Ultraman toys: https://ultra.tamashiiweb.com/news/. Neat!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I've got a bunch of misc BAF parts. Would it be worth a thread BAF part sheet or something?

Hell yeah. I recently decided I may want to complete my Wendigo and Venompool. I can whip something up tonight.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I’m still mad that the Khonshu wave was so weak when the BAF himself is such a must-have. I feel like extra Khonshu parts are not a thing anyone is ever going to find in abundance, it will be a lot more common to see people wanting to get rid of the lovely figures that came with them.

I believe deepdiscount.com is having a big clearance sale right now, might be a good place to look for deals on Marvel Legends to complete recent BAFs.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nice! Bandai Namco US site has put the Roboco figure up (regular and deluxe versions) on their sites. I'm going to check later next month to see if they are still around.

https://shop.bandai.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Roboco

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

After seeing a nice review pic (which I can't seem to find again) I decided to order the first and probably only Valaverse figure. This one is going to look great with the Dreadnoks.

It is supposed to release soon, hopefully it drops into the pile of loot!

Breaking: Moe News!

https://twitter.com/rmaster007/status/1619031148289736704?s=46&t=H7Ddj0CuL51AcxKwN8thdw

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 27, 2023

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Glad to see them making good on that.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

Glad to see them making good on that.

It's not the first time even. They had to do this with some Thundercats figures too. I don't know if it's the factory doing this but if it is they need to find a new one.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Hell yeah. I recently decided I may want to complete my Wendigo and Venompool. I can whip something up tonight.

Word. I'll have to dig my parts out, but hopefully we can complete some BAFs for some folks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
More Trek figures are coming! :toot:

https://twitter.com/the_nexus_uk/status/1618938420092616705

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

It's not the first time even. They had to do this with some Thundercats figures too. I don't know if it's the factory doing this but if it is they need to find a new one.

They did find a new one after the debacle with Thundercats wave 1. Sounds like the new one isn't as great as they hoped. It sucks that Super 7 keep running into problems like this, but they are at least cool about fixing it if they can. Again, I fully believe these QC problems are not business decisions on their part, and they are being hosed over (along with the customers) by the factories skipping steps and cutting corners. I just hope they can turn things around, cause when their figures are good, they're great.

I don't have Mandora and her bike in-hand yet; waiting until I decide to ship my pile of loot, and that's waiting until Warduke comes in stock. But early reviews look pretty good, it doesn't look like there are any serious QC issues with those. There are swappable control panels on the bike that attack with magnets, and one reviewer said the magnetic plates came loose pretty easily and had to be glued back down, but that's an extremely easy fix.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Now I worry for the Lemmy figure I have preordered directly through em.

Don't gently caress it up!!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I wonder if they just unearthed the old molds for the phasers and ships or if they are new?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I wonder if they just unearthed the old molds for the phasers and ships or if they are new?

They are new, but they’re very close to the originals.

https://youtu.be/PecotSWQu-4

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Worf, Geordi, Peck-Spock (?), Q, Seven, Pike (?), and a TOS phaser.

Still nothing from DS9 :sigh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Worf, Geordi, Peck-Spock (?), Q, Seven, Pike (?), and a TOS phaser.

Still nothing from DS9 :sigh:

Yeah, specifically Disco S2 Spock and Pike, weirdly.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I need to become an MD so I can start calling myself Doctor Spectrum. Let's just say I've already got the second part of the name covered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

They are new, but they’re very close to the originals.

https://youtu.be/PecotSWQu-4

Ok cool! The sounds and lights are a lot better. That trigger is crazy long though.

I still have my OG one with the removable type 1