Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
how long has everyone known about this

https://twitter.com/motiontwin/status/1616107881102802946

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Since last month when it was announced at the game awards.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s been a year and I’m still constantly impressed with my C1. Fuckin incredible TV.
My mom bought a C2 and watches everything in SD.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Since last month when it was announced at the game awards.

last month.... ????

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I can't believe Johnny Scoops didn't know about it

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Vikar Jerome posted:

last month.... ????

It was a different trailer, but yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu3zfCDbRoU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Hector Delgado posted:

I can't believe Johnny Scoops didn't know about it

I can very easily believe it

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

musta slipped the net!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
HDR in Elden Ring is really well made IMO. Cyberpunk 2077 can look incredible, too. It's like it was made for HDR displays.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Dead Space remake trip report: Lovely looking so far, though the game softlocked for me at the first objective because the security team wouldn't move. Had to start a new game, hopefully it doesn't happen again.

E: new game worked, one of the team was clipped in the floor which was the issue. Another member was holding an invisible gun but I guess that wasn't relevant. First bug I've come across on a ps5 game I can think of.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 27, 2023

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FireWorksWell posted:

Dead Space remake trip report: Lovely looking so far, though the game softlocked for me at the first objective because the security team wouldn't move. Had to start a new game, hopefully it doesn't happen again.

E: new game worked, one of the team was clipped in the floor which was the issue. Another member was holding an invisible gun but I guess that wasn't relevant. First bug I've come across on a ps5 game I can think of.
:ohdear: Hope that doesn't happen to me.

I'm gonna start playing it tonight because it feels wrong playing a game like that when daylight's pouring in through my windows.

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last
Received my copy of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare LEGACY EDITION in the mail. Praise be.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Rageaholic posted:

It's only like five minutes in, at least. Including the intro movie.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I saw an ad on Facebook and was like WHAT IS THIS game?

Its really good but pretty hard... but I keep going at it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dead Cells starts out feeling like its hard and then slowly presents itself as a loot game, at which point it just gets boring.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I loved Dead Cells in early access and then they nerfed all the fun builds and made it much harder and now I don't care for it anymore.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I used a trainer on the PC cause it felt like it was taking forever to unlock things. Once I unlocked all the cell poo poo it was fun to run. I got to the last boss once and may try again. Tons more to unlock still.

veni veni veni posted:

1070 will run it. Obvs PS5 is gonna be better though.

I may give it a go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lCcfT5cP_k

I have a little newer processor (i5 6500) but otherwise this looks alright.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

BigDumper posted:

I’m mounting my LG OLED to my living room wall this weekend, what game should I play first to celebrate? I’m still working my way through Elden Ring so it’s probably going to be Elden Ring, I really need to finish it before RE4 remake drops in March.

Ratchet PS5 remains the gold standard for pretty looking games imo. Ghost, Horizon, and GoW are all great but Ratchet is spectacular.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ratchet looks like a playable Pixar movie. I can't even imagine how beautiful it looks on an OLED.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Ratchet looks like a playable Pixar movie. I can't even imagine how beautiful it looks on an OLED.

Looks loving amazing on an OLED.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s been a year and I’m still constantly impressed with my C1. Fuckin incredible TV.

Best TV I've ever owned (relative to the times) and it's not even close. I'll hit a year in April.

I know it's probably not a unique feature to modern TV's but I think my favorite technological upgrade was the addition of Bluetooth so now I can completely ignore the PS5 audio nightmare and route all sound through the TV to my XM3's.

A weird thing to stan about when the picture is so amazing, but it's a huge QOL improvement.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Is veeg playing x2???

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Vikar Jerome posted:

Is veeg playing x2???

He is. Right now

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

fridge corn posted:

He is. Right now

:sickos:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jelly posted:

favorite technological upgrade

Bluetooth

audio

:dafuq:

I would rather deal with infinite cable hell

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Love that audio lag baby yeah

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I got the Sony Inzone H7 headphones last month and when I (accidentally) discovered that they would produce sound from both the phone they're paired with and the dongle plugged into the ps5 at the same time, it was a life-changing moment.
This is probably a common feature with decent headphones but was new to me.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Rageaholic posted:

I'm gonna start playing it tonight because it feels wrong playing a game like that when daylight's pouring in through my windows.

Cannot wait to play this banger tonight. All the QoL changes (that I saw in reviews) look perfect and I can't wait to get back into the planetcracker. Not sure if I am fully with the changes to Isaac and Nicole but I can probably over look that.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
People are saying the textures are hosed up on the PS5 dead space? Was hoping to play some tonight so I'm hoping it's overblown.

From reddit:

quote:

Warning to anyone thinking of purchasing on PS5, there’s some sort of bug with the resolution and the whole game is extremely blurry. Like 720p blurry. Multiple people reporting the same issue on r/DeadSpace

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 27, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

hosed up as in “wow look how hosed up these necromorph guys look”

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Resolution too low, can’t read the words written in blood on the wall. I’m supposed to cut off their what? wish it were more clear.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

People are saying the textures are hosed up on the PS5 dead space? Was hoping to play some tonight so I'm hoping it's overblown.

From reddit:

Lol what? I’m playing it right now and no it’s not.

It does have some heavy rear end film grain but you can turn it off. I guess some of the trash paper on the ground is sort of low rez but I wouldn’t have noticed it if I didn’t start pixel hunting because of this Reddit post

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did think it looked a bit fuzzy on performance mode but eh who cares it's the best remake since RE2make.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah now that I’m actually sitting here analyzing it I guess there’s some merit to it but it only seems to be in certain circumstances. Either way it’s not something that would detract from the game if I wasn’t looking for it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love that the control options default to a newer layout but have both Dead Space 1 and 2 as presets, as well as full customization. Dead space 2 controls 4lyfe

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

PantsBandit posted:

From reddit:

I've heard this only happens when you're on the tram as you're zipping around.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
When I got transported to the crystal mine in Elden Ring I thought it would be cool to sneak out of the area for real instead of just finding a grace site and teleporting back to the correct path, but as far as I can tell the only way out is through a gateway blocked by a blue magical barrier. So I guess I'll just teleport away instead :rolleyes:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

When I got transported to the crystal mine in Elden Ring I thought it would be cool to sneak out of the area for real instead of just finding a grace site and teleporting back to the correct path, but as far as I can tell the only way out is through a gateway blocked by a blue magical barrier. So I guess I'll just teleport away instead :rolleyes:

:wrong:

You can totally leave the mine.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

hehehehehe