Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Jedit posted:

You could just cook some mushrooms and find out, you know.

I think they know what mushrooms smell like but presumably haven't had first hand experience with semen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

I don't know what cooking semen smells like. Depends how you cook it I suppose but I reckon you could get like a scrambled egg type deal going.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Sounds like OP needs to do some blind A/B testing.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Joan posted:

Is it true that semen smells like mushrooms cooking?

that's not true, Joan

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I hate you all.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Shine posted:

I hate you all.

shine on, you crazy mushroom

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Joan posted:

Is it true that semen smells like mushrooms cooking?

I've only recently discovered the joys of cooking with mushrooms, so I've actually been paying a lot of attention to their aroma and flavors lately. In general, I'm going to say: no, semen does not smell like mushrooms cooking. Especially if garlic and butter are involved.

But I thought about this question way harder than I probably should have, and will say that the closest match you're going to get is the smell of finely minced white/portabello mushrooms (like, prepped for a duxelle), just before cooking. You're still not talking "alike" though. More like "some not-dissimilar tonal qualities".

That's it for this episode of Cum Sommelier. Thanks to our sponsor, Blue Apron.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I want to know how anyone could be in a position to tell if they taste alike.

I mean who's nasty enough to put mushrooms in their mouth?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Why are we talking about mushrooms when literal cum scented trees exist. Stupid Bradford Pear trees.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Don't trust semen that smells like cooked mushrooms, no sir.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
this cum smells like poo poo

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

There should be a cookbook for mushrooms called 'Unnatural Harvest'

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Any recommendations for vibrating plugs?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

whydirt posted:

Any recommendations for vibrating plugs?

Lovense hush if you wanna pay out the nose. I have some wonderful stories that aren't forums appropriate

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

RFC2324 posted:

Lovense hush if you wanna pay out the nose. I have some wonderful stories that aren't forums appropriate

:justpost:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

what on earth could not be appropriate for the website that spawned swap.avi?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Laserface posted:

what on earth could not be appropriate for the website that spawned swap.avi?

Lol, a girl doesn't need her stories spread across the forums.

Ill just say that I can vouch for both range and power, having used one recently from a different floor

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

Ill just say that I can vouch for both range and power, having used one recently from a different floor

Like, the buttplug was upstairs and you were chilling in the living room and it somehow made a telekenetic connection with your rear end? That's pretty cool.

Edit: Or maybe you have a hole in your ceiling/floor so your rear end can be in one room while the rest of you isn't?

Double Edit: Do you have a detachable butt!?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Perhaps it vibrates so hard you can feel it through the floorboards.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Forum telephone now means that all of these are true and will forever be associated with RFC2324.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Forum telephone now means that all of these are true and will forever be associated with RFC2324.

:negative:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Gonna need a new number for Hypertext rear end Control Protocol

99grind
Jan 19, 2023

Techno

Feral Integral posted:

What would u guys say your #1 position is? Ladies?

Froggystyle :clint:

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

Does it help your chess game?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

wakka wakka posted:

I mean, the pieces do have flared bases.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Went ahead and ordered this. Will trip report after it gets here.

https://unboundbabes.com/products/unbound-shimmy-vibe

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Disappointed they didn't go with an "Artist Formally Known As..." joke with that design and color.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

wakka wakka posted:

Oh my no. Its *far* too distracting

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
That's literally the target icon for the Final Fantasy MMO

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Went on a date yesterday, went back to her place, tried to have sex. I've gone several years without sleeping with someone so I was rusty but I'm trying to figure out what I should do. Basically I felt nothing at all when it came to my dick. When i used my fingers I knew what I was doing and could feel everything, but when it came to my penis I was inside her and felt nothing at all. Like zero sensation at all, i couldn't even tell if I was in until she told me I was. When she tried to jerk me off I couldn't feel it either and even when she tried to give me a blowjob there was nothing. I wasn't limp, but I felt basically no sensation at all other than that I had an erection. I told her this and we kept trying but I just did not feel a thing, and I don't know if it's a me problem or just a compatibility thing. I couldn't finish so I at least helped her finish. It's been a while since I last had sex and I don't remember it feeling like this the last time. It wasn't good but it wasn't bad either. I just had zero sensation so I can't even tell.

Is it normal to get basically zero feedback from another person's touch like that?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 28, 2023

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Without knowing more of your health status and history, the default answer is going to be stop jacking off so much because you’ve desensitized your dick

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

That sounds like numbing lube was involved.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
It's not normal but that doesn't mean it's a huge deal either. I'd try it a few more times to collect more data

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
Def too much jerkin

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

FFT posted:

That sounds like numbing lube was involved.

Arc Hammer posted:

When i used my fingers I knew what I was doing and could feel everything,

Doesn't sound like it. How often do you jack off, OP? It definitely seems like you desensitized yourself. The good news is it's fairly common and generally reversible by abstaining from masturbation.

In the mean time, IME, the secret to being more sensitive during sex is to be as horny and blueballed as you possibly can. If she's doing stuff to your dick out of the gate, you're going to aclimate to it and it won't be super intense. That might be good if you're trying to last longer, but bad if you can't nut. So do the opposite - do stuff to her that gets you horny. Have her tease you without touching your dick. Tongue on whatever non-penis parts of your body she is comfortable with can be just as sexy as a blowjob. At some point, if you're really horny, you're going to feel it throbbing like it's going to explode. Then it will feel great pretty much no matter what she does to it.

It might take a few weeks (or more) of not jerking before it feels "normal" (or it might never feel exactly like you remember again - you're older now and poo poo changes down there), but hopefully that helps enough that you can have fun now and not worry about it.

As an aside, this also applies equally to women and it's why foreplay not involving the vagina is so important if you actually want to get her off.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 28, 2023

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Arc Hammer posted:

Went on a date yesterday, went back to her place, tried to have sex. I've gone several years without sleeping with someone so I was rusty but I'm trying to figure out what I should do. Basically I felt nothing at all when it came to my dick. When i used my fingers I knew what I was doing and could feel everything, but when it came to my penis I was inside her and felt nothing at all. Like zero sensation at all, i couldn't even tell if I was in until she told me I was. When she tried to jerk me off I couldn't feel it either and even when she tried to give me a blowjob there was nothing. I wasn't limp, but I felt basically no sensation at all other than that I had an erection. I told her this and we kept trying but I just did not feel a thing, and I don't know if it's a me problem or just a compatibility thing. I couldn't finish so I at least helped her finish. It's been a while since I last had sex and I don't remember it feeling like this the last time. It wasn't good but it wasn't bad either. I just had zero sensation so I can't even tell.

Is it normal to get basically zero feedback from another person's touch like that?

Did you drink too much? If not numbing lubricant on a condom would be my next guess.

Also I should ask I guess, can you feel it when you masturbate? If not you are either desensitized or have a weird nerve issue.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I experienced a similar situation recently and I've been trying to abstain from masturbation

but I also experienced some pain in my groin during the act which contributed to my lack of performance so I'm checking in with a doctor

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

kalel posted:

I experienced a similar situation recently and I've been trying to abstain from masturbation

but I also experienced some pain in my groin during the act which contributed to my lack of performance so I'm checking in with a doctor

:stare:

Keep us updated and I hope you're okay.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Probably just nerves, try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Could it also be an attraction thing? Like there's enough physical attraction to get the blood flowing for an erection but not enough to sustain any heightened feeling?