Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

kartikeya posted:

Branco: this would be fine if she was a cis woman.

So, maybe this in reference to the lady who flashed her junk at a meeting on grc reform. Terfs briefly used it as evidence of how perverted trans people are before it became clear that it was a cis terf (And then they started arguing how cool and good and not perverted it was)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Biden making GBS threads right on the head of the "I am very intellegent" guy.

I'm not even sure what the metaphor of America being a well, or even a person making GBS threads in a well is supposed to be?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I think it’s telling that the first thing is “inconvenience.”

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: George Santos, International Man of Mystery

Can we please get a Kellies category for Worst Gun Drawing? Because what the gently caress is happening in the top center? He's got one eye closed despite not looking through a scope, and he's apparently holding that gun in one hand with no fingers even remotely close to the trigger.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Can we please get a Kellies category for Worst Gun Drawing? Because what the gently caress is happening in the top center? He's got one eye closed despite not looking through a scope, and he's apparently holding that gun in one hand with no fingers even remotely close to the trigger.

nominate it, and it becomes a category. Also, what trigger?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Discendo Vox posted:

nominate it, and it becomes a category. Also, what trigger?

OK then: Kellies Nomination for Worst Gun Drawing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:qq: oh no the poor babies have been inconvenienced :qq:

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

:qq: oh no the poor babies have been inconvenienced :qq:

Which mainly means "try to cut down on the slurs. you don't have to stop entirely, but try to keep them to a minimum."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Suella Braverman’s approach to immigration — Ministers have been accused of a ‘dereliction of duty’ over their failure to find 76 child asylum seekers who have gone missing from a Brighton hotel managed by the Home Office"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Nicola Sturgeon says trans rapist will be moved from female prison

Independent:

Nadhim Zahawi dealt massive blow in tax row after extraordinary intervention by HMRC

Times:

Evening Standard:

Jeremy Hunt commits to HS2’s Euston terminal amid reports it may be scrapped and line end at Old Oak Common

Stephen Collins:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tenebrais posted:

Wait, is this actually a sympathetic take out of Matt? I'm surprised.
Regular bigotry service has been resumed.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Murdstone posted:

I think it’s telling that the first thing is “inconvenience.”
"Isn't it crazy how they're willing to inconvenience the majority just to pander to these smaller groups, literal minorities, by giving them things like human rights? The loving gall! Our group's bigger!"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Vib Rib posted:

"Isn't it crazy how they're willing to inconvenience the majority just to pander to these smaller groups, literal minorities, by giving them things like human rights? The loving gall! Our group's bigger!"

It's more falling back on the centuries-old conservative trope that most of "those people" actually are content and happy with the way things are, and it's only a subset of activist malcontents stirring up trouble. Most gay people are fine with things, it's just those trans weirdos making noise! Most women love being homemakers and wives, it's just NOM and other bra-burners riling them up! My slaves love being slaves, you goddamn Yankees just don't understand!

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 27, 2023

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
People like Matt are always in favor of this one specific change to women's prisons but completely unwilling to do anything about any of the actual conditions in prison. They don't care about guards or other cis inmates abusing prisoners. They don't care about rehabilitation or life after imprisonment. Prison rape is still a joke to them if it's not explicitly part of the punishment they want to see.

(Abolish the carceral state)

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Amazing last panel

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's more falling back on the centuries-old conservative trope that most of "those people" actually are content and happy with the way things are, and it's only a subset of activist malcontents stirring up trouble. Most gay people are fine with things, it's just those trans weirdo making noise! Most women love being homemakers and wives, it's just NOM and other bra-burners riling them up! My slaves love being slaves, you goddamn Yankees just don't understand!
Also a persecution complex. Treating gay people decently inherently demeans straight people. If you include Jewish people in a holiday celebrate it's inherently an insult to Christians, etc

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Weird how the cartoons went from feigned outrage at classified document mishandling to "it's bad but oh well lol" when Pence's were found.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

VitalSigns posted:

Also a persecution complex. Treating gay people decently inherently demeans straight people. If you include Jewish people in a holiday celebrate it's inherently an insult to Christians, etc

True. To supremacists, civil rights are basically just the code-word for power in a zero-sum social conflict they're determined to always be on top of.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

DalaranJ posted:

Biden making GBS threads right on the head of the "I am very intellegent" guy.

I'm not even sure what the metaphor of America being a well, or even a person making GBS threads in a well is supposed to be?

A well is often used as a metaphor for the public and the public good, because prior to modern plumbing, a village well or local wells were the main source of water and if bad things happen to them, everyone gets sick. Thus, you have phrases like “poisoning the well” where someone adds irrelevant or tangential information to the discourse in order to bias the public against a side.

Branco is declaring that Biden is making GBS threads in the public discourse and destroying our health and well-being as Americans. Which is incredibly ironic given what a piece of poo poo Branco is and the turd comics he poops out.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Novak Djokovic's father absent from Australian Open semifinal after Russian flag controversy (ABC).

Rowe:

Shakespeare:

Kudelka:

Moir:

I assume that is Jim Chalmers and his plan to remake capitalism to be "values-based' and not neo-liberalism. Chalmers' new economic blueprint (AFR).

Spooner:

The Australian has a paywalled article on how Labor is going to have a tribunal to push minimum standards for owner-driver trucks. I assume the electric angle is all Spooner.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I think you'll find it makes perfect sense

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Randall Enos

Dave Whamond

Drew Sheneman

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Guavanaut posted:

Politoons edit seen in the wild

We are rapidly approaching the point where that song will be as old as 1985 was when it came out.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

ah, now that's just the kind of political cartoons i come here for: conservative outrage over something baffling they imagined

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Yeah I am loving baffled at "Woke Diner" as even just a string.

What the gently caress.

LGBTQ plate special?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Xiahou Dun posted:

Yeah I am loving baffled at "Woke Diner" as even just a string.

What the gently caress.

LGBTQ plate special?

Please, blue hair special was right there.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

wizzardstaff posted:

Please, blue hair special was right there.

Fffffffffffuuuuuck.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Lol imagine judging someone by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin! How disgraceful.
Alternately: boy it sure would be bad if progressives metaphorically did this thing that conservatives actually do literally.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

This is the "Trump vs Biden's handling of documents" cartoons we saw a few weeks ago, but with the actors changed. Now the Democrat's the one who stole documents and refused to return them, the Republican acted quickly and honestly on discovering an error, and we've forgotten about Trump entirely

I wouldn't call it opposite-of-reality but the reality distortion's just so blatant. It's sickening!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Andy Marlette

John Deering

Marshall Ramsey

Steve Breen

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Skios posted:

Marshall Ramsey

"Which means I'll just go kill someone else, someone who will REALLY suffer"

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

bandaid.friend posted:

This is the "Trump vs Biden's handling of documents" cartoons we saw a few weeks ago, but with the actors changed. Now the Democrat's the one who stole documents and refused to return them, the Republican acted quickly and honestly on discovering an error, and we've forgotten about Trump entirely

I wouldn't call it opposite-of-reality but the reality distortion's just so blatant. It's sickening!

“Biden and Pence did literally the same thing, but when Pence did it it was okay and when Biden did it it was illegal and malicious” is just such an open “blue man bad” take, it’s amazing

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Pun

Hahahahaha, are they seriously trying to say that windmills kill whales? Is that the angle they're shooting for now?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Jeremy Hunt’s tax and transport pledges – Chancellor tells fellow MPs to wait for tax cuts and that Brexit will drive economic growth, as he pledges that HS2 will go all the way to Euston"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Nadhim Zahawi: My tax error was careless, not deliberate

Independent:

After Velazquez.

The i paper:

Times:

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

the_steve posted:

Hahahahaha, are they seriously trying to say that windmills kill whales? Is that the angle they're shooting for now?
6 whales washed ashore on NJ and NY shores, and NIMBY groups are jumping on it to blame sonar mapping used to prepare for proposed offshore Wind Farms as the cause. Because they don't want their view of the ocean ruined by the wind turbines, it'll really hurt the resale value of their coastal real estate.

And as an entirely spontaneous and natural process, it became a major story in right wing news media, absolutely unrelated to any ownership of TV stations and newspapers by coal and oil barons.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
I don't get it, windmills are loving neat. I'd love to look out the window and watch them do their thing.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

After The War posted:

I don't get it, windmills are loving neat. I'd love to look out the window and watch them do their thing.

While this view may not be uncommon, the thing that makes the opposition work isn't that the person themselves thinks the windmill looks bad- it's that they think or have been told other people think it looks bad, and will depress property value. This interacts with direct right-wing opposition to wind farms to motivate the weird motivated reasoning where any drat thing can be blamed on the presence of wind generation.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Tibalt posted:

6 whales washed ashore on NJ and NY shores, and NIMBY groups are jumping on it to blame sonar mapping used to prepare for proposed offshore Wind Farms as the cause. Because they don't want their view of the ocean ruined by the wind turbines, it'll really hurt the resale value of their coastal real estate.

And as an entirely spontaneous and natural process, it became a major story in right wing news media, absolutely unrelated to any ownership of TV stations and newspapers by coal and oil barons.

Yeah it's similar to how the usual suspect suddenly got really concerned about disruption to bird migration and whatnot from land-based wind farms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
this is one hundred percent from the 'concern' about homeless and veterans of our OWN country which need to be provided for before immigrants