Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m more concerned about why she has her hammer out while doing a reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Well if it is oomancy she does need something to crack open the egg

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Happy birthday Biolizard

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Been catching up on Archie Sonic over the last couple weeks, recently made it into the late 70s.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Delphisage posted:

Been catching up on Archie Sonic over the last couple weeks, recently made it into the late 70s.

How are you enjoying it so far? Any standout characters or arcs?

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Vinylshadow posted:

How are you enjoying it so far? Any standout characters or arcs?

Can't say I find many storylines that stand out, apart from the big spectacle arcs like Death Egg Saga, Super Sonic vs Hyper Knuckles, and Mecha Madness. After Endgame, a lot of the stories are either extremely rushed anti-climaxes of otherwise good plots (Super Special #4, Sonic #56 and #66), or Ken Penders...being Ken Penders. (Goddamn is Super Special #11 awful.)

Character-wise, the stuff I remember most is weird things, like how Amy's brought into the comic because Robotnik intercepted a bag of Archie fan letters and kidnapped the first sender he read, Sonic's billion-ring acid trip having long-lasting repercussions in future stories, and laughing at how awful Max and Locke are. Also Spectre somehow being both the most over-the-top yet only sane member of the echidna Brotherhood.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 28, 2023

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Larryb posted:

Provided they play decently enough it might be interesting to bring back the concept of multiple character stories that intersect with one another as well (which we haven’t seen since 06 though they’re kind of doing that on a smaller scale with the upcoming DLC, I guess Episode Shadow in Forces could kind of count as well)
The lesson Sega learned from the 00s was that people hate characters besides Sonic…despite the classic games introducing a new character with each game. Turns out people just don’t like playing characters that aren’t fun.

They have very very slowly moving away from this, what with the OC in Forces and Shadow DLC, plus whomever Frontiers DLC will let you play as.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

hatty posted:

Happy birthday Biolizard

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

He seems happy, hope he had a good day

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Happy birthday Project Shadow, sorry you couldn’t cure N.I.D.S

Veotax
May 16, 2006

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hbd king

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

im late but

https://itsyourbirthday.today/?name=biolizard&identity=lizard

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Biolizard got the best boss theme in all of Sonic and I respect him immensely

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Both of them really

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I missed Biolizard's birthday. I am so sad. :(

Pants Donkey posted:

The lesson Sega learned from the 00s was that people hate characters besides Sonic…despite the classic games introducing a new character with each game. Turns out people just don’t like playing characters that aren’t fun.

They have very very slowly moving away from this, what with the OC in Forces and Shadow DLC, plus whomever Frontiers DLC will let you play as.

In SEGA's defense, "no more friends, just Sonic and Eggman" was the overwhelming complaint from basically all corners of the fandom and the critics after Sonic 2006. I mean, it's their job to properly intuit what people actually meant from that complaint (no more friends that play like poo poo) and their inability to properly intuit that complaint led to a whole bunch of dumb stuff for the next decade and a half, but it was technically what people were demanding.

Like, I have no idea how they came to the conclusion that "Sonic and Knuckles have an adventure together" would be received worse than "Sonic turns into a werewolf".

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sonic has a long and storied history of people singling out one specific element as cursed and declaring that this one thing is what single-handedly brought down the franchise. For a while it was “characters besides Sonic and Eggman”, then it was “Sonic interacting with humans”, then it was “Sonic having green eyes”

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

TheKingofSprings posted:

Now that biolizard's birthday is well behind us, I can openly disagree with you on this one. Metal Sonic's crush 40 song was better than Biolizard and Chaos' combined

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Neither of Biolizard's boss themes belong to it in the same way that Open Your Heart, What I'm Made Of or With Me do. They're both Theme Of Developing Partnership Between Sonic And Shadow. The Biolizard only exists as something for Shadow to oppose to symbolically show that he's freed himself from the control of Gerald's ghost.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

biolizard did nothing wrong

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
open your heart is super sonic's theme, perfect chaos' theme is the most generic tension music you've ever heard

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's from Super Sonic's perspective, but it's addressed to Chaos. Biolizard doesn't even get to be part of the conversation, it's a non sapient chunk of artificially sustained flesh that might as well be holding a sign saying "A manifestation of the darkness in Shadow's past which he must destroy to complete his redemption"

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Dabir posted:

It's from Super Sonic's perspective, but it's addressed to Chaos. Biolizard doesn't even get to be part of the conversation, it's a non sapient chunk of artificially sustained flesh that might as well be holding a sign saying "A manifestation of the darkness in Shadow's past which he must destroy to complete his redemption"

I'm not seeing a problem here

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The biolizard is sapient, that's the saddest part. It at least has enough intelligence to carry out the plan to destroy the earth, and it's capable of improvising when that fails, implying that it doesn't just understand Gerald Robotnik's plans, but it understands the motivation behind them. It may well have near human intelligence, or even above average, like Shadow

Gerald messed with Shadow's memories and programmed him to carry out his will only after he was frozen on earth. Biolizard was never frozen. It just spent all those years tragically immortal, trapped alone in a dark room slowly going insane from loneliness and the grief of losing its only family

Shadow was manipulated into trying to destroy the earth. Biolizard wanted it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nah it's an unintelligent beast with some kind of basic programming. It might even be directly controlled by the ARK computer.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Researchers weren’t able to keep it under control before it was sealed away, so I’m pretty sure it was acting of its own will in SA2, not connected to some computer. It’s probably not as intelligent as a person but it’s smart enough to ensure that the ARK destroys earth by chaos controlling the canon up its rear end and physically pulling it.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Always wondered how attaching itself to the Ark was supposed to keep it on its collision course.

It just occurred to me. It's using a homing attack on the Earth.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

That loving Sned posted:

Always wondered how attaching itself to the Ark was supposed to keep it on its collision course.

It just occurred to me. It's using a homing attack on the Earth.

looks like a homing attack

be careful

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I prefer the biolizard being sentient interpretation cause it makes it way more grim which is fitting for SA2, game where GUN goes to space, mows down a 12 year old and then executes an old man by firing squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

What if the brain is the only thing that didn't change between the prototype and final ultimate life form

That would mean the Biolizard also would love Burnout 3