Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ultrafilter posted:

Even with 32 bit arithmetic you should get more accuracy than that, right?

Nope.

Twenty‐four bit significand yields seven good decimal digits and an approximation in the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Soul Dentist posted:

We can all agree that the absolute worst is from Pennsylvania: either Pittsburgh cold cheese pizza or Altoona pizza

The only thing Altoona got right was Mallow Cups.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

Even with 32 bit arithmetic you should get more accuracy than that, right?
That recipe is using float32 math, and is calling for 2^-1 * (1+2796203/2^23) cups of hotsauce

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Mod post: don't do this kind of post history quoting, it's weird and adds nothing to the conversation.

Also please shut up about food now, thanks.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sorry I don’t speak Plane

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You're pretty understandable to me

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

do not taunt sol coastal the beach behemoth giant inflatable 12 foot pole-to-pole beach ball

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1617916038720679940?s=20&t=vvG4JafS9qs3azppLA6UyQ

Ok, I can see the use for a noise cancelling microphone. But maybe make it look less like a ballgag

I'm a neurotic bitch so I hope everyone gets these so I can't hear them breathing on their mic. I've left MMO events when a guy with an open mic has the sniffles. Can't deal with it. That impenetrable plastic shell keeps the nose safely away from the mic.

The real test is if it makes it too difficult to snack while running a raid, because I'm not listening to some guy chew while his mic an inch away from his lips.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm a neurotic bitch so I hope everyone gets these so I can't hear them breathing on their mic. I've left MMO events when a guy with an open mic has the sniffles. Can't deal with it. That impenetrable plastic shell keeps the nose safely away from the mic.

The real test is if it makes it too difficult to snack while running a raid, because I'm not listening to some guy chew while his mic an inch away from his lips.

oh dude 4 str 4 stam leather belt arrhh ouuhh

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Sold!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RatHat posted:

Sorry I don’t speak Plane

X-Plane DEEZ NUTS

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Facebook Aunt posted:

Not using PTT is a reason for immediate ban from the voice server in any gaming community worth being a part of.

:colbert:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Carthag Tuek posted:

do not taunt sol coastal the beach behemoth giant inflatable 12 foot pole-to-pole beach ball

deep cut

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

uhh, I don't think that'll fix your problem as most MMO players don't breathe through their nose

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I took this photo a while ago but I'm not sure if it was ever shared.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Maybe it's been said a thousand times before but Johnny Five Aces is a terrible name for yourself if you ever want people to play cards with you.

Also I never knew this piece of the lore, loving lmao

quote:

In 2003, in the Something Awful Forums, user began to draft up a game. The game revolves around the concept of time travel. The entire game was planned to be completed in less than a year, however only one person on the team had previous game development experience as a professional developer. He was banned from the project for criticizing it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Gerald Horseshoe-in-the-Boxing-Glove

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Lobok posted:

Also I never knew this piece of the lore, loving lmao

goons.txt

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Carthag Tuek posted:

oh dude 4 str 4 stam leather belt arrhh ouuhh

Level 18? Ahhhh Uhhhh

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Checkmate round earthers.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dante had it all worked out

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

And thus did the Skull Wars begin.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Best case scenario: They were about to paint some lines onto the Hockey rink and the container leaked.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Somebody get checked so hard they exploded.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Think I recall that being the colour of Zamboni transmission or hydraulic fluid, sorry to be That Guy

The Zamboni busted a seal while also blowing its hydraulic seals

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The real story:
A Zamboni had a hydraulic line burst. That's hydraulic fluid.

It's a fun picture to see whenever it's reposted because it genuinely does look like a player exploded and their body was then dragged off the ice.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

ante posted:

Think I recall that being the colour of Zamboni transmission or hydraulic fluid, sorry to be That Guy

The Zamboni busted a seal while also blowing its hydraulic seals

Hmmm, yes. Hydraulic fluid is blood.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
That looks like the extremely cancerous forbidden cherry juice at that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/dAC4Cgv.gifv

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The trick is to use voice activated with a push-to-toggle-mute. Then you can talk freely without having to hold down another button in the middle of a fight, and you can easily mute yourself when you're going to cough or sneeze or sniffle or whatever.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Hyperlynx posted:

The trick is to use voice activated with a push-to-toggle-mute. Then you can talk freely without having to hold down another button in the middle of a fight, and you can easily mute yourself when you're going to cough or sneeze or sniffle or whatever.

Agreed.

I've heard of people using pedals--like for a driving sim--for push to talk.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Who wants to roll the dice with me

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I have a box of instant oatmeal packets from the beginning of the pandemic that I haven't opened yet and 5 year old tootsie rolls. Bring it on.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Depending on how out of date they are, I'm willing to bet the Nerds and the regular Sweetarts are probably still good. Maybe even the Fun Dip lick sticks are intact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Chocolate snobs will crucify me for this, but I might take those Kisses.