Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Is the implication of the lab missing that he doesn't get any more save points? I assume he's saved sometime after the behind of the issue yeah? Like, is 15 years into this timeline so I'm assuming he would have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Is the implication of the lab missing that he doesn't get any more save points? I assume he's saved sometime after the behind of the issue yeah? Like, is 15 years into this timeline so I'm assuming he would have?

Yes, his lab is gone, so the Moira clones are gone and he has no way to reset the timeline. He's been using "do hosed up stuff then reset the timeline so he knows what works and what doesn't", and now he's stuck with "did hosed up stuff."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, the Moira clone has to die to reset the timeline. We've seen it to where in the past he's hooked them up to die when he does, but since he was rushed with this last Moira clone, it doesn't appear he's done that.

So he can't kill the Moira clone, which means he can't reset the timeline and is trapped.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, the Moira clone has to die to reset the timeline. We've seen it to where in the past he's hooked them up to die when he does, but since he was rushed with this last Moira clone, it doesn't appear he's done that.

So he can't kill the Moira clone, which means he can't reset the timeline and is trapped.

Honestly, even if he did have the Moira clone set up to die when he does - without the ability to leave notes for his next life (which he's been doing by, IIRC, encoding them into the Moira clones) he could just reset the timeline and be left with his last set of notes, namely the notes that led him to the plan that got him... well, here

So he gains nothing through self-termination or the like, because he'd just reset the timeline and follow the exact same plan

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Codependent Poster posted:

He probably fixed that after getting out of the pit. He checks the Moira's every day after all. The issue with the lab being gone, is that he also does not know what has been done to the Moira clones, so shooting himself in the head to have the timeline reset is super risky as for all he knows they have been taken out tanks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Killing himself doesnt do anything, it's killing the clone that resets the timeline. Also if the clone dies and he learns nothing then theres nothing stopping him from doing the exact same things all over again because the clone appears unused to him.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Killing himself doesnt do anything, it's killing the clone that resets the timeline. Also if the clone dies and he learns nothing then theres nothing stopping him from doing the exact same things all over again because the clone appears unused to him.
So what does he do with the clones after he's solved all the problems and created ultra-eternal Sinister land? I guess he doesn't have to worry about his own lifespan - but what about the Moiras!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's got a forge, and thus can depower any of the clones whenever necessary. or had a forge, at least.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah the solution to that is to depower the Moira clone before disposing of it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Synthbuttrange posted:

Well he normally has the clones wired to die if he dies or is incapable of checking in after a certain amount of time. And then he downloads the information from the clone he learned when he goes to check on it to see if he has reset the timeline. He always has it set up so that he learns stuff if the clone dies.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-Men election starts tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1620150164836032512?s=20&t=miQ5KQGRqGjouBIH4OiGwA

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
E: beaten by seconds lol

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/x-men-before-the-fall-of-x-titles-foundation-krakoa-begins-to-crack?linkId=199229103

I'm reading it on MU so I'm behind but does the Sons of X blurb here have a couple of big spoilers?

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
not unless you haven't been reading the most recent issues. nothing that jumps out at me, at least.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dunno what it is about the writing in the legion book but it just makes everything feel like nothing by throwing so much on the table? I think its just throwing event level catastrophes and I just tune out on that kinda stuff anyway lmao.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It does have a ton going on so it does feel a little overwhelming, which then wraps around to it feeling too big so it doesn't matter much.

But that said, Legion vs. Nimrod sounds awesome.

And Apocalypse is gonna come back to set things right!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I wanted a book about the society then it turned out to be just 'oh hey it just means Onslaught's back lmao' :I

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vote is up. Options are:

Cannonball
Dazzler
Frenzy
Jubilee
Juggernaut
Prodigy

Two of three X-Terminators, huh?

https://www.marvel.com/characters/x-men-vote

Minister of Sound
Jan 1, 2007

Damn, I wish I was your lett'rer!
I voted for Frenzy.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Those are all really solid picks, Dazzler doesn't really do too much for me but I'd be happy with any of the others. I guess I'm gonna go for Prodigy largely because his power encourages clever problems and solutions, and we need more of that generation on the lineup.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I feel like Jubilee or Cannonball will win but there's no real clear winner like last year.

I do kind of wish they'd stop changing the roster every year though. It feels like we never get enough time with them before they change. Having one or two changes is fine, but replacing just about everyone kind of stinks.

Oh well, so long as Scott and Jean are always on it I guess I'll live.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Lot's of strong candidates this year.

If the last two are any indication, Jubilee will win easily thanks to the 90s cartoon. Which she deserves, but I'd rather see her on X-Terminators again. Same goes for Dazzler.

Would be nice to get more Cannonball, but he'd honestly make more sense in X-Men Red, seeing how he's now tied to both Beto and the Shiar.

I'd like to vote for Prodigy, but from a strictly story telling prospective he just seems so boring. And a bit redundant with Sync and/or Forge on the team, though I suppose neither is guaranteed to stick around. I'd want a writer to tackle him who has a clear idea for a story with him, and I don't know if he'd get that being slotted into the popular vote spot.

That leaves Frenzy and Juggernaut. Both have a lot of potential, and I'm tempted to go with Juggs just for the chaos factor of having a non-mutant on the main X team. But I think Frenzy could use the spotlight more. She has a complex backstory and an interesting past with Cyclops. Or maybe I just like voting for underutilized black women?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yeah, Frenzy ended up not doing much in SWORD / X-Men Red, so let her have a bigger spotlight finally.

I had completely forgotten who Prodigy is

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Voted for Juggs.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
If we vote for Cannonball, does that mean we get his boyfriend? This is very important.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Joe Fisto posted:

Voted for Juggs.

Ditto.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm not gonna vote for either of the X-Terminators cuz I want more of that book instead and tbh I don't care about any of the others, so cannonball I guess?

omnibobb posted:

If we vote for Cannonball, does that mean we get his boyfriend? This is very important.

he's currently in X-Men red

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Frenzy would be the best choice from a storyline perspective, I think.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Vote is up. Options are:

Cannonball
Dazzler
Frenzy
Jubilee
Juggernaut
Prodigy

Two of three X-Terminators, huh?

https://www.marvel.com/characters/x-men-vote

gently caress!! Normally I'd go jubes, but I don't want to mess up xterminators, so neither her nor dazzler. Cannonball really needs Roberto to shine and I don't care about prodigy. So I'm left with the reformed bad guy which I love. But to decide between frenzy or juggernaut? Oof that's tough.

I think Frenzy needs the win.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

They have been presenting the X-Men election as the heroes who will represent Krakoa, as elected by the population. Considering this, Juggernaut even being on the list right now is awkward on more than one level.

It would feel shoehorned instead of a natural pick. Marko hasn't even proven himself with his Legion work yet.

If Krakoa is still a thing three years from now and the X-Men are still picked by popular vote, I'd imagine it would fit for him to show up as a candidate by then.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Saoshyant posted:

It would feel shoehorned instead of a natural pick. Marko hasn't even proven himself with his Legion work yet.

That's not his fault, it's Spurrier's.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

site posted:

I'm not gonna vote for either of the X-Terminators cuz I want more of that book instead and tbh I don't care about any of the others, so cannonball I guess?

he's currently in X-Men red

I believe he can be in both. I believe in Roberto supremacy.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

People acting like voting for Jubilee or Dazzler wouldn’t end up with the X-Terminators crashing the treehouse.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This is surely a dumb question but...how do you actually vote? I'm looking through the whole page and there's no option.

edit: Apparently you have to turn off adblock. Lame! But yeah anyway voted for Jubes :sparkles:

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 31, 2023

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Frenzy deserves it but I like big Juggs and cannot lie.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

This is surely a dumb question but...how do you actually vote? I'm looking through the whole page and there's no option.

There should be a window with the vote options under the text but above the candidate info and mid-page ad.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Juggs madness ooh yeah, Jubilee runner up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Voting for Juggs just cause I want a non mutant member.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
frenzy is a respected warrior/interstellar ambassador, which is neat. but most of that is off-panel because she appears infrequently and is never the focus. still though, juggs on a public facing team of xmen? that's great. he'll never be accepted by xavier, but he can be accepted by krakoa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Was tempted for Juggs but I’m a hard liner for the x gene being present for the official team. Went with Cannonball so he can just always be asking where Sunspot is. Frenzy’s power description on the polling page made her sound boring. I also don’t want to mess with x-terminators