Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

WarEternal posted:

Plus 5E loving sucks poo poo and under no circumstances should Wizards be let off the hook for this, even over a total backtrack. Only good can come from the giant, undeserved DND playerbase going to literally any other TTRPG.

Someone said it above but Critical Role is in a really interesting spot, and probably hand-tied with agreements atm, but I would be SUPER interested in whatever game world + rulebook that crew comes up with.

And if you haven't seen it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUZv9PdfpzE

Their 2nd campaign is getting animated.

Now all we need is Dimension20 to get a deal, cause Brennan Mulligan is just a loving goblin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYbFf8jBCxA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Dreamboum/status/1619081470882234370?s=20&t=nvnz8Y_jfkT_S5LbIx6LCQ

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Infinitum posted:

:laffo: I just pressed the 'Sell All' button

This rules. Thanks Goons
Thoons.

Why, you could almost buy Forspoken for that kind of money!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's a good song to sync OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3aZSpGwDJ4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It is ridiculous how well this syncs up

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It took since May 18, 2015, but I have finally completed everything there is to do in Witcher 3.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

I said come in! posted:

It took since May 18, 2015, but I have finally completed everything there is to do in Witcher 3.

Congrats, legitimately could never imagine doing that myself. If only because “everything” includes the Skellege coastline treasure hunt, but still. Man, I should replay W3 when I burn through my backlog. Is it only the current gen versions that included that new stuff?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Never killed a troll in those games, never will. Even the "feral" ones I managed to avoid long enough to loot stuff I needed and then escape. I think there was a troll liver or something needed for one spell/tonic but you could buy it so my hands remained semi-clean!

They're just too adorable! The ones who capture Thaler so he can make them shoes because they're figured out that humans are in charge of the world and humans wear shoes, ergo trolls just need shoes to be more successful was very sweet :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
TLR:

Heirmaian's alive what the fuckkkkkkkkk

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Just finished the main campaign and some of the side activities for Hi-Fi Rush. Wow, what an amazing surprise this has been! Great gameplay, amazing art style, and lots of clever humor throughout. Loved all the character designs and visuals. I'm definitely going to stick around for more of the rhythm tower challenges and collectible activities. Early GOTY contender for sure, and it came out of nowhere.

So far in 2023 I have completed:

Citizen Sleeper
Vampire Survivors
Batora: Lost Haven
Vengeful Guardian: Moonrider
Hi-Fi Rush

Up Next: Wanted: Dead!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

I said come in! posted:

Wizards rolling over on this one is a pretty big deal. They do not normally care about their customers.

That's why this has nothing to do with the backlash from fans/creators and everything to do with them not having a legal leg to stand on.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

Heirmaian's alive

Well I just found out Brian Blessed apparently lives in my head rent free.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Phil Spencer talks Hi-Fi Rush

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/456112/phil-spencer-hi-fi-rush-shadow-drop-worked-really-well/

quote:

One of the games I'd always wanted to get, we weren't able to land it in our backward compatibility program, was Jet Set Radio Future. I thought it would be fantastic to be able to have that game back, and definitely, it's a different kind of game, but some of the same vibe.

So it's absolutely Sega's fault it never happened then

Why do they hate any IP they own that isn't Sonic

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/456112/phil-spencer-hi-fi-rush-shadow-drop-worked-really-well/

They don't hate Yakuza. :)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

One of my all time favorite youtube videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOh968qao74

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

It's like some music label probably being fucky causing the holdup for years and SEGA doesn't wanna take the easy way out and remove/replace the music.

Like some producer or executive who worked on the game twenty years ago is like, "No, Birthday Cake is integral to the soul of the game. You can't just remove it."

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they're right

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I think the main problem preventing JSRF from not getting back compat or a rerelease is several of the tracks being by The Latch Brothers, a remix group formed by Mike D of the Beastie Boys, whose label went out of business before the game even came out, so I think the rights situation for them is complicated. And yeah, you could just remove the tracks, but the soundtrack is such a huge part of the Jet Set Radio experience

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Yeah, but Sega won't even touch the ip now and haven't spoken to Hideki since a little after 2002 (he says on his twitter), just feels like they're happy to let it lay and it's a bummer.

Hell I'm just glad it's working on emulators now and soon we'll have Bomb Rush Cyberfunk to fill that niche

E: Birthday Cake is a great song

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 28, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jet Set Radio was topping the same kind of "What Sega IP would you like to see come back" polls that led to the revival of Sakura Wars with Shin Sakura Wars, but I'm kinda worried that that game's lukewarm reception maybe soured Sega on going back to that well.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Infinitum posted:

:laffo: I just pressed the 'Sell All' button

This rules. Thanks Goons
Thoons.

Did it take a long while for you? I've been stuck on "Processing 641 items" for like 20mins. Dunno if something is wrong or not lol

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I listed all my cards and the total was like $34 CAD and so far I've sold 13 cents worth.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Yeah, but Sega won't even touch the ip now and haven't spoken to Hideki since a little after 2002 (he says on his twitter), just feels like they're happy to let it lay and it's a bummer.

Hell I'm just glad it's working on emulators now and soon we'll have Bomb Rush Cyberfunk to fill that niche

E: Birthday Cake is a great song

JSR did get an HD port on the PS3/360 and the soundtracks came out on Apple Music/Spotify not too long ago. It’s not completely forgotten, but it’s definitely in their archive tier of games rather than something they want to really revive.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dewgy posted:

JSR did get an HD port on the PS3/360

And Vita! Don’t forget the Vita!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

Congrats, legitimately could never imagine doing that myself. If only because “everything” includes the Skellege coastline treasure hunt, but still. Man, I should replay W3 when I burn through my backlog. Is it only the current gen versions that included that new stuff?

I believe so yeah. The update on pc too really bumped up how system demanding Witcher 3 is too. My frame rate really took a dump :p All the game truly needed though was just a 60fps update and SSD load times on console. Its still an unbelievably beautiful game on pc before the next gen update.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Did it take a long while for you? I've been stuck on "Processing 641 items" for like 20mins. Dunno if something is wrong or not lol

it took me a long time to sell through them all and i only had 400 or so things to offload. annoying part is i didnt have steamguard or whatever set up yet so ill have to wait 15 days or whatever for most of these to be approved

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I've been playing the WW1 fps "Isonzo" and just maining light mortar because seeing like 5 kills pop up by clicking on the map gives me crazy endorphins

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oh my Hi-Fi Rush is indeed a good time

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah it’s really fun, it commits some action game sins like enemies that are impervious until you do the thing the game wants you to do, but the presentation and combat feel more than make up for it

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Like some producer or executive who worked on the game twenty years ago is like, "No, Birthday Cake is integral to the soul of the game. You can't just remove it."

I'd actually unironically agree with that.

See also: Alpha Protocol being withdrawn from sale because their rights to use "Turn Up The Radio" expired.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hello from the Marvel Snap mines. How's January been?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

72 hours ago I didn't even know Hi-Fi Rush existed and now I, a person not into character action games and actively awful at rhythm games, am completely obsessed and totally ready for it to be GOTY

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I have another month of free Game's Pass left after Pentiment so I downloaded Hi-Fi Rush. Hopefully I manage to get around to it instead of just playing Vampire Survivors instead

In other wuggles gaming news last night I put another hour or two into Persona 3. I really like it! I like letting the AI control themselves.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
two of next month's big releases (wo long and atomic heart) are on gamepass, which is nice because atomic heart's an unknown factor and i wasn't that impressed with wo long's demo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Don't care about Wo Long, but I hope Atomic Heart is good. Really been anticipating that one for years.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Wo Long is from the Nioh devs right? How challenging are those games compared to Souls games? The game looks interesting, but I’m not really interested in that kind of challenging gameplay at the moment

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Wo Long is from the Nioh devs right? How challenging are those games compared to Souls games? The game looks interesting, but I’m not really interested in that kind of challenging gameplay at the moment

they wouldn't be your thing, then. nioh and its successors are made by team ninja, and their gameplay is way more fast-paced and high-execution than souls

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

wo dong

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Team Ninja are cool, but not every game can be Stranger of Paradise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

they wouldn't be your thing, then. nioh and its successors are made by team ninja, and their gameplay is way more fast-paced and high-execution than souls

i'll say that nioh 2 is, at the least, fairly lenient if you're just looking to make your way through the main game, as there's at least a few builds that are pretty low execution and mindless. i eventually came up with a build that focused on amrita generation that was nearly invincible thanks to a combination of a bunch of armor passives and spells (although it took about halfway through the game for it to really get going), and you could probably get through most of the game just being The Odachi Guy and focusing on pumping up your survivability

it's still predominantly a game meant for people who like character action and high execution as core hooks, since the level design and overall presentation are fairly middling compared to what fromsoft usually pumps out, but if you like the aforementioned then you'll probably like nioh a lot. wo long is still in that same vein, but they removed a bunch of the more confusing systems and streamlined the combat so that it's still more action gamey than, say, elden ring without being so overwhelming to new players