Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's a collection of paintings of various last meals. Unless there's a joke I'm missing in your post, it seems pretty on-topic. Maybe not to the thread at large, but for that post about the last meals for people on death row, sure :shrug:

Oh I thought it was just some porcelain collection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

namlosh posted:

Just rewatched the lama episode again last night and the part where Hank is talking to Bobby in his room and they both sit down on his bed to talk, Hank reaches up to put his arm around Bobby and then recoils at the last minute… god drat this show has some small touches that enhance and reinforce the characters

There is a great little joke in the episode where Hank becomes disenfranchised with voting due to GW Bush's weak handshake. At the end of the episode Luanne makes a comment about how you shouldn't show your ballot to other people or else "it won't come true," and Hank makes a face, showing how frustrated he is.

What I love about that quick little expression is that the more we know Hank through the episodes, the more we understand just how much some tiny thing like somebody thinking of a ballot box functioning like a wishing-well would really bother him. Like on the surface it's just somebody kinda exasperated at somebody saying something dumb, but specifically it's somebody being whimsical and "magical" rather than showing the reverence and patriotism for the voting system that Hank obviously thinks everyone should. It's just so perfect a thing to annoy him.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 29, 2023

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Kq9v6tYcc

naem
May 29, 2011

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

KotH may not have had the great smears that made good simpsons so noteworthy on the art front but it's wrong to say it wasn't funny as hell just to look at

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Milo and POTUS posted:

KotH may not have had the great smears that made good simpsons so noteworthy on the art front but it's wrong to say it wasn't funny as hell just to look at

Pictures above: Hank Hill, thinking of 'the fundamentals'.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

I do like ~delaying gratification~

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Hank's Bully is easily the worst episode. Every other one at least has a bit or two that works.

In my years as a King of the Hill fan I've watched Hank's Bully hundreds of times, shaping my character, and preparing me to die in wars overseas.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Dusty old bones? Full of green dust??

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You know what guy who does those videos where he sticks characters from movies and tv shows into video games? I just realized Hank Hill would make a fantastic Kiryu form Yakuza stand-in.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

That's what the elves call "Justice of the Unicorn"

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Hanks physical revulsion when he reads "I shall weave you a magic breastplate" always loving kills me

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cosmik Slop posted:

That's what the elves call "Justice of the Unicorn"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

"No more elves at the dinner table"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like Khan being involved with them. Despite him being a social climber upper middle class guy who desperately wants to think he's better than them, deep down he is just a country boy too. They explored that directly in the episode where he just gives up and becomes a redneck, but I think it's pretty consistent that he actually does like his neighbors he just doesn't know he likes them.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Khan is awesome, he’s such a good foil for hank. I know it takes a while for their friendship to blossom, even then they still antagonize eachother but you see them going on family vacations together as early as season two

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Can't wait for the reboot with Kahn and Hank as begrudging fathers-in-law

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's a shame Kahnnie got written out of the last few seasons almost

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Hazo posted:

im here for this lol

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Bobby, if you weren't my son, I'd hug you.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/HWa7YRW7JJ0

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Hazo posted:

That would never happen because Connie has an IQ 60 points higher than Bobby Hill, also Bobby is a fat white lump. No, Connie marries Clark Peters.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

this seems like it'd make a pretty good av if it could be shrunk down

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Connie hasn’t seen Bobby in like 8 years and she ended up with chane but they’re gonna get back to gether

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
bobby filling the narrative space of john redcorn would be, intereting

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Boomhauer is often a cipher and most people imagining a future fate for KOTH characters don't think of him. I imagine him ending up like Marty from True Detective: failed private security company, failed marriage, bad suits

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Isn't he a cop or w/e? He's probably just retired off a sweet pension

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Injured in the line of duty and living off disability. No one knows what actually happened and he ain’t talking

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

He actually told them very clearly what happened and they couldn't understand so they just gave him full pension

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Dale is the beast i worship

https://youtu.be/1TbAlFpVy3w

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I watched that clip of Mike Judge explaining how he got the inspiration for boomhauer's voice from some crazy dude that called in, and I forgot how funny it is having Zach Galifianakis next to him losing his poo poo. Also I love how much he sounds like Butthead.

It's worth a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd_rty0ovgQ

oh poo poo the famous voicemail! I didn't know he released it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiwgG6T9se0

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Thoroughly enjoyed "Strangeness on a Train". Great stuff.

"You're Bill Dauterive... that's your alibi. Solid."

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Porky's Butthole

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I watched that clip of Mike Judge explaining how he got the inspiration for boomhauer's voice from some crazy dude that called in, and I forgot how funny it is having Zach Galifianakis next to him losing his poo poo. Also I love how much he sounds like Butthead.

It's worth a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd_rty0ovgQ

oh poo poo the famous voicemail! I didn't know he released it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiwgG6T9se0

Wow I thought he was joking, that is so god drat funny, holy cow.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/and__saturday/status/1619747661892169728?t=CNu1M8rNGMC1jwpeQAiX0A&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
So what's the deal with Joe Jack's absence in the Ace of Diamonds episode? It sounded like they killed him.off but he keeps showing up after