Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

Afaict there are no health pickups, but you can find body armor.
There's no way to restore health, but body armor absorbs all damage while you have it - it's effectively a second health bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Pro tip for Hi Fi Rush: don't forget to turn in your challenges at the graffiti wall in the hideout between missions for extra gears.

I may or may not have forgotten that was there until like 4 bosses in, and then found like 350k gears that I could have been using for hp and chip uprades all along.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

It's been fun watching 40 year old nerds' nostalgia glasses shatter the moment they try to aim that drat PP7

The default controls on Xbox are surprisingly perfect. I tried it on the switch, and the controls are completely hosed. You have to go into system level controller settings and switch your analogues to opposites + a few other adjustments to make it playable. Even then you can’t aim and move at the same time. Nintidiots

I thought switch had online multiplayer but apparently you can only play with friends on an invite only basis, so we’re not missing anything there. Also the sensitivity is non adjustable on switch, and it’s insanely high by default which sucks when you’re trying to snipe.

It does look a bit nicer on switch though, the lower resolution hides some of the ugliness, and I noticed some flicker between textures on Xbox that I didn’t spot on switch.

Game still owns either way, think Xbox is the best (and free-ist) place to play.

Phil stays winnin

Crafty fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 28, 2023

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im completely untouchable at golden eye among my old high school friends today

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Guilty Gear Strive open beta on Xbox next weekend, including crossplay against PC & Playstation opponents: https://www.guiltygear.com/ggst/en/news/post-1758/

Super excited for this port, I love GGST.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

oh lord i get to figure out how to do control on 00 agent all over again :negative:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Space Jam posted:

oh lord i get to figure out how to do control on 00 agent all over again :negative:
Here's some handy tips from some guy who's played this game way too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYeA65nh0Jc

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
A lot of people are complaining about the port not having lean. They said it's vital on higher difficulties.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GoldenEye on both Xbox, and Switch, are pretty bad and have a lot of issues that still need to be fixed. I don't understand how this gets hosed up so badly.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Weird I’ve been playing it and having a lot of fun. Guess I’ll stop and think about how this was allowed to happen instead.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
So the Series S really is a killer little device.

First it's small and stylish AF.

GamePass cloud streaming works flawlessly (I do have fiber).

HiFi Rush is cool. Art style is insanely good and the acting and animation is insane too notch. It seems... Kinda boring so far. It's a rhythm game but then it's confined to just these tiny enemy areas. It never gets engrossing enough.

Tinykins is awesome. Fall Guys and Rocket League are fun.

Fortnite... I'm just playing that for the first time and am pretty impressed. Just a super fun little metaverse... Even if it's way out of my generation.

I did win my first two BRs though! ( Yeah I know it pitted me against easy players since I had just started... But good to know my vidja game skills haven't gone away)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

GoldenEye on both Xbox, and Switch, are pretty bad and have a lot of issues that still need to be fixed. I don't understand how this gets hosed up so badly.

They only got the rights to use the n64 rom so xbox ran it through their rare replay emulator and nintendo made it like how their nintendo online n64 classics work in their emulator.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

BonoMan posted:

HiFi Rush is cool. Art style is insanely good and the acting and animation is insane too notch. It seems... Kinda boring so far. It's a rhythm game but then it's confined to just these tiny enemy areas. It never gets engrossing enough.

Fortnite... I'm just playing that for the first time and am pretty impressed. Just a super fun little metaverse... Even if it's way out of my generation.

I did win my first two BRs though! ( Yeah I know it pitted me against easy players since I had just started... But good to know my vidja game skills haven't gone away)
:cheerdoge:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Just beat Hi-fi rush, game was a fun surprise combat is fun and the characters are charming and has a bloody palace equivalent once you beat the game. Complaints are that I hate the fire enemies and some of the levels drag. 4/5

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

BonoMan posted:

Not sure it’s been confirmed but I think your first several matches are 100% bots while it feels out your skill level. I played on Xbox for the first time a few weeks ago and the starter bots are almost laughably incompetent

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Way to destroy his confidence!

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 28, 2023

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Ha well I'm a bit higher now and have won a couple more so I don't think these are bots. Confidence restored!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

BonoMan posted:

Yeah, I picked one up at Christmas. The Series S paired with the Game Pass Ultimate trick of buying three years of Live Gold for ~$175 and upgrading it all for a dollar (compared to $539 subscription price) is the best deal in gaming, imho.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
alright so defending Natalya on Control actually wasn't even the hardest part of that mission for me. i can defend her no problem. it's making sure i blow up all the armored mainframes that is the fucker. i keep always missing one for some reason and then dying trying to circle back around to figure out which one didn't explode lol

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Had some fun with Goldeneye. I thought the aiming was perfect.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Xbox is great so is goldeneye I get a cheevo after every level

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I tried it for a bit and it seems you can't c strafe? If that's not possible I don't really want to play more.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

dunno why some people are upset about no leaning. it’s in effect the same as just stepping sideways and peeking. you can still take out ceiling turrets just fine without it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I mean there’s no C buttons so… You can set right stick to strafe but it’s kinda awkward. The default controls feel pretty well translated for a modern FPS.

That said I agree with you, which is why I’m playing it on the Switch with an official N64 controller.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

ah yeah that would suck to not have that binding on an actual n64 controller

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
it's loving goldeneye. play it and stfu :blastu:

GuyonthecoucH
Apr 10, 2004

Seltzer posted:

I tried it for a bit and it seems you can't c strafe? If that's not possible I don't really want to play more.

If you bind dpad to strafe it works. Just copy the binding left stick has

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I don't know what you guys see in Hi-fi Rush. The movement feels mushy and imprecise, the characters are annoying tropes, everything is EDGEY like Sunset Overdrive right down to the "energy drinks for health".

In fact, I'd rather play Sunset Overdrive, which is... not good.

I give Hi-fi Rush 1/5.

Goldeneye is cool, though. Also just noticed that Wo Long will be on Game Pass, so between that and Atomic Heart, next couple months will stay winning.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Finster Dexter posted:

I don't know what you guys see in Hi-fi Rush. The movement feels mushy and imprecise, the characters are annoying tropes, everything is EDGEY like Sunset Overdrive right down to the "energy drinks for health".

I give Hi-fi Rush 1/5.

Goldeneye is cool, though. Also just noticed that Wo Long will be on Game Pass, so between that and Atomic Heart, next couple months will stay winning.

Are you playing something else, this game is like the opposite of "edgy" lol

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Professor Beetus posted:

Are you playing something else, this game is like the opposite of "edgy" lol

It's anime edgy, which is worse.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Are the health pickups energy drinks? Didn’t notice. Anyway the main character is pretty much Sora, the opposite of edgy

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

Are the health pickups energy drinks? Didn’t notice.
That poster is unwell lol.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hatty posted:

Are the health pickups energy drinks? Didn’t notice. Anyway the main character is pretty much Sora, the opposite of edgy

I don't really care if they're supposed to be (who gives a poo poo if health pickups are energy drinks anyway) but they don't look like energy drinks at all

e: also what the hell is "anime edgy" the game is corny and wholesome, it has precisely zero edge outside of the single nIne inch nails track I've heard

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

It's anime edgy, which is worse.

It's not anime edgy either lol. Just saying random terms at this point

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Finster Dexter posted:

I give Hi-fi Rush 1/5.

are you ok

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Feeling fine.

lol I just really didn't like the game, sorry friend.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Game where main character chills out with cat, helps random robots with their problems, attempts to talk down a murder bot when fighting is ineffective:

Edgy?

Have you considered someone educated you stupid and you don't know what words mean?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Finster Dexter posted:

Feeling fine.

lol I just really didn't like the game, sorry friend.

That’s a valid opinion but you have a weird definition of edgy

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Mulva posted:

Game where main character chills out with cat, helps random robots with their problems, attempts to talk down a murder bot when fighting is ineffective:

Edgy?

Have you considered someone educated you stupid and you don't know what words mean?

Calm down. I"m more talking about the aesthetic and world design. The narrative is pretty bland and cliche. Guess you didn't read my original post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Finster Dexter posted:

Calm down. I"m more talking about the aesthetic and world design. The narrative is pretty bland and cliche. Guess you didn't read my original post.
Homie you are insane lmfao. Log the gently caress off.