Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Cooking artifact wont make anyone really happy. It was discussed to either make it give more skill or reduce cooking time. That would have annoyed 50% either way.

Also, if you don‘t like the artifact you haven‘t experienced how annoying Leek and Onions are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs

rafikki posted:

The only thing I’ve been constrained by is my willingness to cook bone broth in 7 minute increments

Few weeks back iirc, Borgen had it and I stocked up. I’m just about 50 cooking and honestly thats a huge part of why. That and yelling at my nest hub to set a timer.

Also speaking of cooking, if anyone can’t get certain food in Giveaways always ask here. I’m trying to stockpile so I can help out as I was. Or yell at me in game if I’m online (same as here)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

As an aside, should I kill my day's apple yield for Ciders? I've been sorta using them (w/ Cinnamon Sticks) but just wind up running out of OJ/Apples before running out of Ciders.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

widespread posted:

As an aside, should I kill my day's apple yield for Ciders? I've been sorta using them (w/ Cinnamon Sticks) but just wind up running out of OJ/Apples before running out of Ciders.

You’ll be doing that eventually. I’m maxed out on ciders at this point with hundreds of apples left over.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Making bone broth tradable would help everyone, since it gives lower level cooks something to spend their time on that can be profitable.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Tahirovic posted:

Cooking artifact wont make anyone really happy. It was discussed to either make it give more skill or reduce cooking time. That would have annoyed 50% either way.

Also, if you don‘t like the artifact you haven‘t experienced how annoying Leek and Onions are.

Make every cooking process produce double meals + double XP/mastery from actions would satisfy everyone and would not be busted imo.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
My Tower is open for business. :toot:

...And now back to grinding watermelons.

EDIT: A couple of progress questions.

On the one hand, I'm up to 338 gold again, and debating about a few upgrades.
1) Grape Juice Waterfall is expensive but would definitely speed up crop progress, either for quest needs or for silver.
2) I don't need Orchard Land quite yet (850 trees + the 30% boost daily, ~1200 inventory), but I'm getting closer.
3) Conversation Skills I and II would be an extra 200m silver per day.
4) I could add slots #3 and #4 to my Craftworks and be close to #5, as I understand that masteries will be important for Tower progress. I have about 1500 AKs remaining at this point.

On the other, questlines. Wall in the Way is frozen in place until the PoH drops. I have a month to grind Frozen crops and try to finish GLE III, whose honey can go towards either A Way Back (which looks lucrative, at least for a while) or Defenses and Consequences/Strange Companions, which has a lot of lore but apparently nothing dramatic in its rewards. Giamics' Jubilee was great at first but 1000 Gold Leaves is nasty.

delfin fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 28, 2023

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
I’ve mostly been ignoring raptor claws as just an annoying non-egg find when exploring. Should I just be burning them on new raptors with terrible stats or is there a better use on buffing higher ranked fighters later? I keep all my active fighters stocked with shields and swords but I have one with 2s in 5 of 6 stats that is currently 43-2348 and has yet to gain a point in anything.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Given how terrible actually managing which raptors are fighting etc I just spam them into a random raptor that is fighting and never swap them out.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

if anybody needs gold feathers, post your in-game name. I'm maxing out my inventory hunting 100 dragon skulls in mount banon

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

oldskool posted:

if anybody needs gold feathers, post your in-game name. I'm maxing out my inventory hunting 100 dragon skulls in mount banon

I am still looking for 250 or so. Game name for now is socpro69.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Looks like I'm on track to hit T100 by Monday. Still a few frozen cabbages and pines short but I have lots of time to get there. I might actually need to start thinking about mega masteries soon lol

noctrine
Jan 3, 2008
Servant of Olofin
Yam Slacker
A hearty thank you to the goons contributing to my glucose reserves with gallons of orange juice. Much appreciated.

I’m “mussel cop” in game. I think I’m at a bit of a stagnation point / not sure what to do next. Skills are high 50s, low 60s. I’ve got various quests to continue to grind. But I’m sitting on 15M silver, a fortune to me, and not sure what to buy next. I’m assuming my profile page is enough to show seasoned players where my bottleneck is but let’s see I’ve got 4 pets, 60 of each fruit per day, 6 rows in farm, 100 boards/hr from sawmill. 120 chickens and 60 cows. Farm buildings available are ironworks (but I have the unlimited iron/nails thing from gold), farmhouse, and quarry available.

Thanks!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Buy the farm house

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is the ironworks required to unlock steelworks? The steelworks is at least a little useful and will also occasionally drop runes, but ironworks itself is pointless if you already have the depot upgrade. Farm house is an ok upgrade, otherwise throw it at the sawmill until you have 100 million for the next storehouse imo.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

NFX posted:

Is the ironworks required to unlock steelworks? The steelworks is at least a little useful and will also occasionally drop runes, but ironworks itself is pointless if you already have the depot upgrade. Farm house is an ok upgrade, otherwise throw it at the sawmill until you have 100 million for the next storehouse imo.

Ironworks isn’t completely useless because it occasionally produces small screws which can be tough to get until you have tons of large chest 02s. Upgrading it after buying it is useless though.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Unlocking (but not upgrading) the ironworks also has the benefit of removing it from the drop table in certain exploring zones, meaning you get the other items when iron would have dropped.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Xerol posted:

Unlocking (but not upgrading) the ironworks also has the benefit of removing it from the drop table in certain exploring zones, meaning you get the other items when iron would have dropped.

Isn't that the iron depot upgrade?

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
I am now approaching the slog™. I was about to post in here what I should spend my money on because PC was lice, but then ATI I dropped. Glad I had the 2b+ on hand.

In any case I'm only on ATI II and while the crops should be fine to produce, I'm only 382/600 on herbs. Luckily I read some advice about not dropping honey on AWITW I in prep for the tower.

Still loving the game, as there's enough to do when active, but if there isn't enough time to play in a day that's OK too.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Thinking about getting a third craft work slot, what are y'alls combos in there for streamlined production?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

El Spamo posted:

Thinking about getting a third craft work slot, what are y'alls combos in there for streamlined production?

This is what I do with 6

Otherwise use it for whatever I’m trying to GM.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rafikki posted:

This is what I do with 6

Otherwise use it for whatever I’m trying to GM.

That’s almost exactly what I do.

Wandering Orange
Sep 8, 2012

I only have 3 slots so I have to tweak it a bit depending on what I'm working on GM'ing but Twine, Wooden Sword, Chum is the current lineup. Manually crafting buckets and rope->nets->LN when needed. Already GM'd most of the easy iron/stone items.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I'm doing board plank box right now for gm stuff and friendship. I have 5 slots so I tend to also do twine then something with the twine like rope/yarn. I still manually craft nets because it's only 2 cycles of maxed rope+twine.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I'm at 7 slots and will probably bump it up another one or two now that I'm at the langstaff crest grind. Might as well gm desert stuff while I grind! 4 seemed like enough earlier, but it's so convenient to have more.

Also finally done with frozen crops. I don't know why they gave me some back at the end but ah well, good riddance.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I somehow hit an odd stopping point in the form of Lima Beans. Need just two more for AWITW, while everything else is reasonably within sight- save for Sea Dragons/Spiked Shells, but those are Wishing Well chases for me.

There's something I'm missing in chasing Lima Beans, isnt there.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
It seems like I've hit a bit of a wall with multiple quests requiring many fields worth of Cotton and Broccoli (and corn, always corn) to proceed. I'm prioritizing Islands Are Hard To Catch VII but I'm like 200 broccoli away and thats going to take a week to complete with Grape Juice.

Any tips for getting out of this?

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

I Love Topanga posted:

It seems like I've hit a bit of a wall with multiple quests requiring many fields worth of Cotton and Broccoli (and corn, always corn) to proceed. I'm prioritizing Islands Are Hard To Catch VII but I'm like 200 broccoli away and thats going to take a week to complete with Grape Juice.

I assume you have the Farm Supply and Perk upgrades for growing speed? With those and without the tower artifact broccoli grows in 9h 36m which is still long, but you should be able to get multiple fields a day (and maybe save grape juice for rice).

Salt in the wishing well turns into 50/50 broccoli and spiked shells. That's assuming you have enough salt and aren't dropping crab claws in there :sigh: (salt isn't a huge problem when you're grinding WC for herbs, but it might be at your level).

Getting the hedgehog pet to lvl 5 will also help.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

NFX posted:

I assume you have the Farm Supply and Perk upgrades for growing speed? With those and without the tower artifact broccoli grows in 9h 36m which is still long, but you should be able to get multiple fields a day (and maybe save grape juice for rice).

Salt in the wishing well turns into 50/50 broccoli and spiked shells. That's assuming you have enough salt and aren't dropping crab claws in there :sigh: (salt isn't a huge problem when you're grinding WC for herbs, but it might be at your level).

Getting the hedgehog pet to lvl 5 will also help.

I think I have all but the last perk for growing speed, but my broccoli is showing a growing time of a little over 19 hours. I have a few salt to toss in the wishing well and will try that. No hedgehog yet, my levels are 79/72/83/69. It sounds like I may need to just buckle down and grind some more, starting with the perks.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I Love Topanga posted:

I think I have all but the last perk for growing speed, but my broccoli is showing a growing time of a little over 19 hours. I have a few salt to toss in the wishing well and will try that. No hedgehog yet, my levels are 79/72/83/69. It sounds like I may need to just buckle down and grind some more, starting with the perks.

Each Growing Speed Perk has a much larger impact than the one before. The one from Tower Level 10 effectively reduces growing time by 50% (20% -> 10%)

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003
and the best way to grind perk points is masteries, right?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
The final perk is a reward for reaching level 10 of the tower.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
Just posting to thank everyone for all the gold feathers and everything else.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

widespread posted:

I somehow hit an odd stopping point in the form of Lima Beans. Need just two more for AWITW, while everything else is reasonably within sight- save for Sea Dragons/Spiked Shells, but those are Wishing Well chases for me.

I don’t think so. I’m sitting there trying to grind for them myself. They’re not on the wishing well table, and they appear to only drop rarely from the one zone. No bags/chest drops either.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

widespread posted:

Limas are like Model Ships -- they're super-rares but not super-duper-rares. Needing five is annoying, but doable.

I Love Topanga posted:

1) More crop rows. Every little bit helps. I've bought the 1B row so far.

2) If you don't have the Double Prizes skill perks, get them. A 40% chance of an extra pull from each farm square isn't to be sneezed at.

3) LIkewise for the Grape Juice perks. I have Pitcher and Fountain and have Waterfall on my get-it-next checklist, so right now I have four refreshes per day of nine crop rows. So that's roughly 200 free crops per day, any crops regardless of growing time, and that'll become 350 when I get the Waterfall.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

delfin posted:

Limas are like Model Ships -- they're super-rares but not super-duper-rares. Needing five is annoying, but doable.

1) More crop rows. Every little bit helps. I've bought the 1B row so far.

2) If you don't have the Double Prizes skill perks, get them. A 40% chance of an extra pull from each farm square isn't to be sneezed at.

3) LIkewise for the Grape Juice perks. I have Pitcher and Fountain and have Waterfall on my get-it-next checklist, so right now I have four refreshes per day of nine crop rows. So that's roughly 200 free crops per day, any crops regardless of growing time, and that'll become 350 when I get the Waterfall.

This is really helpful, thank you.

I just bought the 100M row.

Looks like I'll need 100 Skill Points for Quicker Farming IV and Double Prizes II.

edit: I just noticed I have a free respec. Should I go that route? I'm sure I bought something dumb at some point.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You get one free respec. I used mine once I hit 99 in everything (prior to cooking) to remove all the +XP perks I'd taken.

I Love Topanga
Oct 3, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

You get one free respec. I used mine once I hit 99 in everything (prior to cooking) to remove all the +XP perks I'd taken.

That makes sense. I'll hold on to it.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Ghostlight posted:

That’s clever. Why didn’t I think of that :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Resets 2 and 3 cost 5 and 10 gold respectively, I'm assuming it goes up by 5 each time and doesn't double

Respecs are cheap! I used one while I was grinding exploring and then paid 5 gold to swap out that exp one later, but now I don't even know what to spend points on anyway because I have nothing good to buy so it's not a big deal tbh