Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Paige May Cry is great. Nothing could have prepared me for Nelo Angelo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Froghammer posted:

Paige May Cry is great. Nothing could have prepared me for Nelo Angelo.

Pat's face throughout the fight in the latest stream is just priceless. Paige is the best GAMER

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Big Scary Owl posted:

Pat's face throughout the fight in the latest stream is just priceless. Paige is the best GAMER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgTAJRBZLz8

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Paige's 'Daaaad?' in the cutscene makes me wonder if they'll ever have a point in the future games where you do get to have a fight with Sparda himself.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

this crosses the line from “impressed with player” to “mad at player for bullying the boss”

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

RareAcumen posted:

Paige's 'Daaaad?' in the cutscene makes me wonder if they'll ever have a point in the future games where you do get to have a fight with Sparda himself.

Probably not, Sparda as a character mainly works because he's entirely posthumous.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pat's expression probably says most of it, but is there extra context to know as someone who hasn't touched any DMC?

Is this kind of like the time she charged in on that Bloodborne boss and just kind of smashed it to bits? Just a boss that gives most people trouble made to look like a chump?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Nelo Angelo is the original DMC's idea of the character action game badass rival character/boss who constantly impedes your progress and those tend to be the hard filter fights in most games close to the genre

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Oxyclean posted:

Pat's expression probably says most of it, but is there extra context to know as someone who hasn't touched any DMC?

Is this kind of like the time she charged in on that Bloodborne boss and just kind of smashed it to bits? Just a boss that gives most people trouble made to look like a chump?

Nelo Angelo 2 is in particular I believe considered to be the hardest fight against him relative to expected player skill/power in the original game.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
turns out you just need to jump attack him over and over

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Paige demonstrated why flying beats fighting types as she exploits the Z-axis to great effect here.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Probably not, Sparda as a character mainly works because he's entirely posthumous.

I can believe either answer and it's not like the series dabbles in time travel or clones that much so I can understand. DMC V the 5th aside because Last and Trish didn't get to do anything or even be playable in that one at all

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Blockhouse posted:

turns out you just need to jump attack him over and over

Ah, the Elden Ring method

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Watching the yearly (biyearly?) attempt at Pat trying to understand Nioh on twitter is making me want to cry like it always does.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Overlord K posted:

Watching the yearly (biyearly?) attempt at Pat trying to understand Nioh on twitter is making me want to cry like it always does.

He's trying Nioh 2 now, so on top of trying to figure out how collectiong kodamas impacts your elixir restocks, melting down about the dumb looter shooter gear stats, and obsessing over skill trees and combos, he can also learn all about how each of the three yokai forms works, what spirit orbs do, plus obsess over 4 more weapon types he'll never get around to playing because he only uses odachi.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
using odachi in nioh 2 should be added to the ryu from streets video

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Tonfa, 3 Part Staff. That's the queen's path.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i've played the nioh games and sop by swapping weapon types for every mission and i can't recommend it enough because they're all fun as poo poo.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I will not stand for this blatant Axe erasure

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I want to provide a correction and apologies, he's using the odachi and fist weapons this time

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1617237929998581760

The little round scampuss man is evolving as he slowly brings his brain to a boil in the Nioh pot.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I watched some episodes of Matt's fighting game podcast, Triple KO. It's aggressively mid

That's my review thanks for reading

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Nuns with Guns posted:

I want to provide a correction and apologies, he's using the odachi and fist weapons this time

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1617237929998581760

The little round scampuss man is evolving as he slowly brings his brain to a boil in the Nioh pot.

now fist, there's a weapon for real ones

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Tuchanka starting up

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I dropped off during the ME2 LP, whats his current situation with regards to Tuchanka and the genophage?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

I dropped off during the ME2 LP, whats his current situation with regards to Tuchanka and the genophage?

Wooloe took doctor space genocide at his word That reapping the genocide virus was just and good and had to happen totally and he feels no regrets honest because hes just so smart so clearly he knows best so he didn't keep the data

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Woolie destroyed the data so Eve is gonna die.

Also, Reggie is having some great comedic moments with his deaths. Dude brings up his radial menu to stop time and then turns around to see a Brute barreling towards him

theCalamity fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 25, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pat yelling about Spanish had me in stitches

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I really, really hate how the podcast highlight videos on Woolie's Youtube channel now jump-cut over the swears.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
They only do that for the first 30 seconds, it’s an ad thing

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

blame youtube because american advertisers are tiny bitchass pussies about naughty swear swears

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
They fuckin are

Piss

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Shinjobi posted:

Pat yelling about Spanish had me in stitches

I wanted to rip my hair out as he kept saying "perrito" as "pierre"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

I wanted to rip my hair out as he kept saying "perrito" as "Gaskweh"

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

They should come up with a family friendly intro that lasts for 30 seconds with lyrics about how they have to do this or else they won’t get the advertiser money

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

theCalamity posted:

They should come up with a family friendly intro that lasts for 30 seconds with lyrics about how they have to do this or else they won’t get the advertiser money

Woolz and Pat
They are friends who talk forever
Screaming and learning and stuff.
One is sane and the other one is less sane
But who couldn't love pat and woolz.
Castle super best forever.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Woolz and Pat
They are friends who talk forever
Screaming and learning and stuff.
One is sane crazy and the other one is less sane also crazy
But who couldn't love pat and woolz.
Castle super best forever.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

IT DOESN'T FIT THE LINE SPACE OF THE SONG

F-

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Kazzah posted:

They only do that for the first 30 seconds, it’s an ad thing

It's happening several minutes into this new one. They must be completely paranoid about Youtube's policies.

https://youtu.be/j05aCo0xRoc?t=260

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
With how arbitrary Youtube's policies are, rightfully so. I know many Youtubers that have been bleeping out swears or flat out don't say them anymore entirely because of this.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Neo_Crimson posted:

With how arbitrary Youtube's policies are, rightfully so. I know many Youtubers that have been bleeping out swears or flat out don't say them anymore entirely because of this.

Sadly, it's probably the smart move to make. Wouldn't shock me down the road if YT started demonetizing videos for having ANY curse words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Neo_Crimson posted:

The funniest part is that apparently you still get hit if you bleep it, because it can detect that too.