Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Good faith concerns deserve good faith responses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Kids are still riding bikes all the gently caress over the place and conservatives never seem to notice this.
Like in reality it's not eight year olds or whatever so much as middle schoolers and young high schoolers. Because it's still the best pre-car way to get around town and hang out, and much cooler than asking for mom to take you in the van. But that's exactly why you won't ever see them go away until hover-boards.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

This is a good example of it. Look at these non-white politicians and their prominent red-lips. Why doesn't Starmer get them?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Grape posted:

Kids are still riding bikes all the gently caress over the place and conservatives never seem to notice this.
Like in reality it's not eight year olds or whatever so much as middle schoolers and young high schoolers. Because it's still the best pre-car way to get around town and hang out, and much cooler than asking for mom to take you in the van. But that's exactly why you won't ever see them go away until hover-boards.

Actually I think you'll find that gangs of youths are congregating in the area, reducing property prices and terrorising the residents.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Grape posted:

Like in reality it's not eight year olds or whatever so much as middle schoolers and young high schoolers. Because it's still the best pre-car way to get around town and hang out, and much cooler than asking for mom to take you in the van. But that's exactly why you won't ever see them go away until hover-boards.*

*LATEST FAD

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

David M. Hitch

Randall Enos

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

dear christ this man's drawings hurt to look at

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Such an AGC I'm not sure it isn't actually an AGC

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Mike Smith sometimes makes forays into actually good cartoons, yeah. A few older ones that I think haven't been posted:

But then, of course:

And a bunch of things that are basically the same as those Hitch cartoons, but with less complex art and less heinous politics:

In case you're curious, here's an interview with him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7eEyRVRZ4

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Angepain posted:

dear christ this man's drawings hurt to look at

edit: rescinding nomination for a later, uglier Hitch cartoon

There's been no category for artistic failures outside of worst overall and maybe laziest, and there really ought to be. This one will work fine as a first nominee. Not the worst drawn but more painful to look at than you'd expect.

ajkalan fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 14, 2023

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

All his art is extremely "generic caricaturist you can get for like $5 at a carnival".

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I think, or at least it's the case for me, it's so hard to look at because there's nothing to draw the eye more than anything else, it's just a bunch of flat, grotesque faces smushed next to each other and staring directly at the viewer, each no more and no less attention grabbing than the last, and they're all talking, so there's not even a speech bubble for distraction. At least when Ramirez fills his cartoons full of endless lovely details, they're not all the same.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Finally realized what Hitch's panel composition reminds me of:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

After The War posted:

Finally realized what Hitch's panel composition reminds me of:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

ahahahahhahaha

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Holy Moly

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

:emptyquote:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

At The Gates of Dumb.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sinfest Sunday

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Ah yes, a shaken, fearful woman turning to drugs peddled by the same people who instilled that fear in the first place. This is a good thing, apparently. Seeing her huffing from a gas tank in a "hopium den" is good.

Also pretty wild how feds are everywhere but pose literally no threat whatsoever, Ishida is really a master of his craft. Visual and structural metaphor just of the highest quality.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Yes Tats, the woman with autism goes 'REEEEEEEE'. Very droll.

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Ablism)

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Tom Stiglich

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The man with the ax and crown is the norwegian minister of finance. The new norwegian state budget is coming and it might be some cuts in it.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Sinfest Sunday

do I even want to know where that QR code goes

Also opium dens are generally seen as a bad thing, right? Distract yourself from the world with drugs? Like not a good thing? But the cool frogs are doing it and they fight against the evil feds? I'm sure Ishida will make this make sense eventually with his brilliant cartooning skills

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Q being a psyop to keep patriots from doing anything is very much an Alex Jones take. Wonder if he's been binging info wars.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Angepain posted:

It decodes to the word “slavery”

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

mlnhd posted:

It decodes to the word “slavery”

this is incredibly dumb and stupid, thanks i hate it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So the past year or so of Sinfest has been about how society is actually like pills peddled by the(((nefarious elites)) that make you deranged and indoctrinated and make you see a false version of reality, and that's bad, but now the author's worldview is like a pill peddled by ??? that makes you deranged and indoctrinatedand see a false version of reality, and that's good?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Angepain posted:

Also opium dens are generally seen as a bad thing, right? Distract yourself from the world with drugs? Like not a good thing? But the cool frogs are doing it and they fight against the evil feds? I'm sure Ishida will make this make sense eventually with his brilliant cartooning skills

Karl Marx probably posted:

"It's good that religion is like opium for the people"

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Angepain posted:

"The TRU PATROITS could easily topple the (((feds))) if they moved to violent action instead of passively waiting and hoping for the Qapture", I think.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Ah yes, a shaken, fearful woman turning to drugs peddled by the same people who instilled that fear in the first place. This is a good thing, apparently. Seeing her huffing from a gas tank in a "hopium den" is good.

Is it supposed to be good? The frogs are just sitting around in a haze telling each other they've already won instead of going out and overthrowing the government or whatever

Genuinely asking I cannot tell whether the drug den is supposed to be good or not

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Does Tatsuya ever actually write anything, like a little blurb to go with the cartoons, or a blog somewhere or even just posts on a forum? Where he actually has clear thoughts on what he thinks?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

So is the hopium real or what because he's got the frog just eating the feds nbd

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Microplastics posted:

Does Tatsuya ever actually write anything, like a little blurb to go with the cartoons, or a blog somewhere or even just posts on a forum? Where he actually has clear thoughts on what he thinks?

Look at this npc who doesn't'get' the comic, man.

He's trying this minimal style that doesn't work because it's the comic equivalent of radio macros. You're just supposed to know what he means when he shows the signs and he will post the symbols over and over

E: you ever watch a Sean jannity clip? Whenever a Bad Thing would happen it would be "that's it? Remember soros, solindra, acorn, and pronouns? And not a peep. But Bad Thing? Gimme a break" and you're just supposed to come to the table knowing

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 29, 2023

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021
If I had any skill in editing, I'd change all the instances of "Hopium" to "Copium".

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Bold of you all to assume that there is a "yearly" theme and any logic into what Tatsuya puts out instead of "whatever pops into his mind this week"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
There's a reason Sinfest Sunday was traditionally bracketed by the :kstare: smiley, after all.