Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The original Rikers were fracture, but there multiple waves of dumb abilities that resulted in Riker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

DACK FAYDEN posted:

it was +dps to cross class it! it really was!

Playing Fracture wasn't so bad once you got past the moto perpetuo section, really.

Xerophyte fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 28, 2023

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
you're now realizing that due to how this game's playerbase has exploded over the last couple of years most people playing have no idea what the gently caress fracture even is

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Blockhouse posted:

you're now realizing that due to how this game's playerbase has exploded over the last couple of years most people playing have no idea what the gently caress fracture even is
to this day I still have DRG at exactly 34 because I needed Blood for Blood :hai:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

to this day I still have DRG at exactly 34 because I needed Blood for Blood :hai:

They need to change Lance Charge's skill icon, it's weird that it still uses Blood for Blood's

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Blockhouse posted:

I had a moment of confusion when someone mentioned it was a WAR skill, then someone else talked about using it on their MNK. Then I remembered cross-classing used to exist.

Meanwhile, I'm moderately annoyed at how all the cool Yanxian/Kugane clothing is coming at 70, well after it makes the most sense to wear in cutscenes.

I was alternately amused and annoyed that they put out so many cash shop kimonos and poo poo that it was real easy to identify that everyone in Kugane proper was wearing something off the cash shop. The Pirates That Don't Do Anything just wearing bomb kimonos from a previous seasonal event leaned more towards amusement.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

my thm is at 26 for swiftcast, and my gladiator is at level 34 for Awareness - and I didn't bother to unlock paladin :twisted:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

World War Mammories posted:

my thm is at 26 for swiftcast, and my gladiator is at level 34 for Awareness - and I didn't bother to unlock paladin :twisted:
now that is the most sicko move imaginable

(my brd was also at 34 for Quelling Strikes but I ended up liking it and taking it to 50something, and then using it to spam CT raids for Bozja relic step lmao)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

drat. Has it really been that long?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Dareon posted:

Now to take this intelligent, carefully-nurtured being with hopes and dreams, and stuff it into my backpack, never to be seen again.

Anima is at least a minion now, so it may come out if you ever do minion roulette

Other than that, I went for the Bard anima which still manages to be one of the best looking bows in the game even years later, so anima is always alive for me

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I always feel conflicted with Anima since I got the DRK anima then I ended up quitting it during ShB and then the WHM anima which I started all the way until the final steps and then I also quit to move to SGE for EW.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

My anima frolicks happily on my island

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I really just need to pick a good anima for glam purposes so I can do the story and get the minion. It's weird how much of a motivator "get a tiny little thing to follow my WoL around" can be

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

PLD and SMN are both fantastic.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Antivehicular posted:

I really just need to pick a good anima for glam purposes so I can do the story and get the minion. It's weird how much of a motivator "get a tiny little thing to follow my WoL around" can be

It helps the anima grind doesn't seem too bad. Up to hyperconductive and nothing as bad as the ARR books or the Bozja soul grind.

Might have gotten luck with the FATE grind though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The FATE drops for the Anima relic seem way more generous than the drops for the ARR relic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The density step sucks if you don’t have A9S unlocked, I can tell you that much.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
A1S isn't too much terribly longer (might be a few hours instead of potentially less than one if it's got bonus light), but also might not be as popular in PF, either.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Going A9S for the light step is like 21 runs max, and if you get a full party each run is around 45 seconds, also people tend to stick around for the victory lap.

That said if you're using an Alex savage you have cleared at least a third of the questline and it's the most common series to come up in normal raid roulette so you might as well unlock A9S.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Sadly the few times I've done A9S I haven't been able to get a full 8 attracted, and by run 10 or so we're usually down to 4-5 people, and not all of those stayed to the end, either.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/rose_kg0/status/1619480119516758017?s=46&t=xDU5mznO2-1Y1zy4cF1D1A

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogama posted:

Sadly the few times I've done A9S I haven't been able to get a full 8 attracted, and by run 10 or so we're usually down to 4-5 people, and not all of those stayed to the end, either.

I got three others that all needed the same step, we did 21 runs real easy.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/protractions/status/1619460895578689536?s=46&t=EDLYZI9Vi7PkM7kEY0tzvA

Some particular favs:

Sanson: I want to see Guydelot cry.

Magnai: As we’re getting into the mood on our first night I want to hand him divorce papers.

Vrtra: I can pick between his real body and his vtuber.

Haurchefant: He’d die for me (actually died).

Urianger: milf

Emet: The oldest tsundere in the world.

G’raha: He’d feed me and love me even if I was a mealworm.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Akett posted:

Going A9S for the light step is like 21 runs max, and if you get a full party each run is around 45 seconds, also people tend to stick around for the victory lap.

That said if you're using an Alex savage you have cleared at least a third of the questline and it's the most common series to come up in normal raid roulette so you might as well unlock A9S.

you can do 50 second runs with a single dps helper in 630 gear. i prefer MCH to help people with this step.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

hopeandjoy posted:

Vrtra: I can pick between his real body and his vtuber.

That's it, I am calling it his Vtuber avatar from now on

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

According to this group of Korean players, the following men are wife material:

Vrtra
Fray (ok not all Fray are men but they all have a masculine appearance)
Urianger
Hythlodaeus
The Exarch
G’raha

(Yes, the Crystal Exarch and G’raha were listed separately in the poll.)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

hopeandjoy posted:

Makes sense, I'd probably only go out with one of 'em.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I like how many Exarch entries mention the time he made us sandwiches, which I don't think I've ever seen even the shippiest EN fan mention.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've seen it. I've seen it a lot.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

hopeandjoy posted:

Vrtra
Urianger
Hythlodaeus
The Exarch
G’raha

The one that killed me was Estinien - "I think he would Stardiver me in Bed".

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

I like how many Exarch entries mention the time he made us sandwiches, which I don't think I've ever seen even the shippiest EN fan mention.

As a chronic Exarch/G’raha shipper:

We loving love the sandwiches.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

G'raha should make us more sandwiches.

In fact just make the 7.0 plot Arven's plotline from Pokemon.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Lost the only bid I could've ever won in a 50/50 coin flip. Just lost vs 5 others again.

The noose will tighten every week. Great system, glad this enormous turd stinks less than the larger turd from before. See you in 9 years when they add more FC-only wards I guess.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

hopeandjoy posted:

yeah if you don't click on this you should at least know that the Exarch got fourth and the completely separate G'raha votes got first

Korea is thirsty for catboy

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Doomykins posted:

Lost the only bid I could've ever won in a 50/50 coin flip. Just lost vs 5 others again.

The noose will tighten every week. Great system, glad this enormous turd stinks less than the larger turd from before. See you in 9 years when they add more FC-only wards I guess.

Commiserations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Aymeric- if a man has beauty, riches, and power, you need to give him a flaw like me.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pwnstar posted:

Aymeric- if a man has beauty, riches, and power, you need to give him a flaw like me.

Would you consider being incredibly thirsty a flaw?

Edit: just realized you copied a bit from that survey lol

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Did the first Ivalice raid today and, honestly, it's not doing it for me. Too much nostalgia, not enough innovation. The battle music, which was fitting for a steady, turn-based experience in FFT, falls flat with the high-octane raid bosses. Plus there's the fact I only ever played the original Playstation version and talking about this Argath guy like he's supposed to be Algus is making me grumpy.

I'm still going to be running them repeatedly because I want like four different outfits.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

This means that, by the transitive property, we can assume that all goblins are gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

hopeandjoy posted:

Vrtra
Urianger
Hythlodaeus
The Exarch
G’raha

I finally found my people.

None of them even mention how good with kids he is! The man clearly is ready to be a dad.