Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I just cant get enough of this piss-talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i will sell a bottle of my piss for $200 a pint, it's probably got more estrogen than most women's

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Smdh it’s always drinking piss. Personally I prefer dragging a cactus around with me for emergency water rations, but you do you

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Smdh it’s always drinking piss. Personally I prefer dragging a cactus around with me for emergency water rations, but you do you

I just bring enough water but everyone has their own thing

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

As a guy who knows a lot about drinking piss, I'm entertained by this derail

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

redneck nazgul posted:

mods please rename this the capitalpissm.png thread

:sickos:

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Locally sourced, ethically brewed, mostly sterile.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Urine here with me

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

hand pissed

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Chamale posted:

As a guy who knows a lot about drinking piss, I'm entertained by this derail

Damnit, not another food derail

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Orange Devil posted:

Sterile is a binary, "pretty sterile" doesn't exist.

grown past the gender binary but still insist on the sterile piss binary? you’re a lib

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

There are at least 3 piss

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

capeetalism.png

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Catpisstalism

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
*staring at the contents of my makeshift liquid containment gadget, steeling myself before engaging in a long solemn salty chug

I shudder and gaze blankly into the distance for a bit, before nodding with resolve and wiping my face*

Yup, capitalism again I reckon

*I die full of piss and conviction*

-based on true events

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I have no balls, yet I must piss

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

blatman posted:

horse piss is the last bastion of the piss salesman ever since fake urine hit the market for potheads trying to pass drug tests at work

Well your lab results are back. Good news, according to this you're eligible to compete in the kentucky derby. Bad news, it'll be after you have the baby

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
i'm terribly sorry, but i have no piss-related content to post

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

And he said "you're fired"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Like that just seems like it's a great way to make it so you're now required to come into the office at 2 AM whenever you're on call

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

i am the pissident

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

tokin opposition posted:

a lot of bad and stupid ideas are fine if it's that or dying

just because you might need to amputate a crushed limb doesn't mean you should do it if your arm goes numb

Wait what?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Shame Boy posted:

Like that just seems like it's a great way to make it so you're now required to come into the office at 2 AM whenever you're on call

eh, I know a bunch of reddit reeks of stdh.txt but I can buy that post, and it might not even result in too much more retaliation than general whining.
Like if you work at the right level of small-ish business where they don't really give raises they'll be hard pressed to fire someone who does something critical like computer janitors if they realize it's critical.

I worked at a place years ago where they were largely unhappy with my job, but also knew I was doing 3 roles for the cost of half of one so while they complained about things like my working remotely frequently and largely setting my own hours they never really pressed it when push came to shove. Eventually one of the C-suite managers started working at the primary site and one week was actually there from 10-4 most of the week and noticed there were 2 days I was in the office less than him. So they made my position hourly, and wanted to micromanage stuff. In response I started doing something similar to the dude in the story. I didn't take calls when off the clock and never went to any sites besides the primary one. If folks in a different timezone needed something they were just gonna wait.
I actually had a situation where the owner was furious when I actually took a 2 day vacation and wouldn't answer my phone. He wanted some sort of disciplinary action, but what was he going to do? I went through the right channels to request it off.
In the end the company didn't even believe my notice when I quit and seriously thought I was trying some dumb bargaining tactic.
To add my "everyone clapped" kicker, the company still hasn't been able to find a suitable replacement about 5 years later. I asked for 10k more and remote work if they wanted more than bare bones effort, which they balked at. Now they're paying roughly 250k extra in subpar contractors and employees who ditch them. I know this because I'm friends with someone in management there, who still asks me questions about how to do stuff without going to jail.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
no one understanding the phrase quiet quitting makes me feel a little bit crazy

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I feel like it's not understood because it's not real and it's an invented term to try and make businesses look like the good guys when people don't do more than they're paid to.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I have no idea what it is.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

its defined merely as not doing extra work

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

its defined merely as not doing extra work

Oh, lol. We call it "being in a union".

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oh, lol. We call it "being in a union".

Lmao if you think union workers aren't checking emails in the evening or staying an extra hour to finish a task.

Isn't there also the kind of quiet quitting where you literally just stop working and wait for them to notice?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BonHair posted:

Isn't there also the kind of quiet quitting where you literally just stop working and wait for them to notice?

That's what it actually means. I don't know why people decided it's about not working past working hours.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Paladinus posted:

That's what it actually means. I don't know why people decided it's about not working past working hours.

Words do change meanings though.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Paladinus posted:

You really don't know why?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

BonHair posted:

Lmao if you think union workers aren't checking emails in the evening or staying an extra hour to finish a task.

strangely those people are typically the folks in the shop nobody likes.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

you aren’t meant to. there’s a lot of power in words with obfuscated meanings. see “terror” or “weapons of mass destruction” as the most obvious examples.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
Quiet quitting is supposed to mean you show up to work but do no actual work, just browse job boards or youtube or whatever and wait for them to fire you.

It somehow morphed into 'doing the bare minimum to not get fired' which is what sane people refer to as 'doing their job'.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

grah posted:

Quiet quitting is supposed to mean you show up to work but do no actual work, just browse job boards or youtube or whatever and wait for them to fire you.

It somehow morphed into 'doing the bare minimum to not get fired' which is what sane people refer to as 'doing their job'.

I think it's just for some people doing the former essentially constitutes the latter. Like an IT guy in your office may technically have things to do, but can play DotA all day without anyone noticing for a long time.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

grah posted:

Wait isn't that just called working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Quiet quiting is a spectrum from "act your wage" to "I started a new job three months ago and never told my boss"

Don't be a QQERF