Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I think this is the first time I've heard a Warlock in an actual play actually use Eldritch Blast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Who What Now posted:

I think this is the first time I've heard a Warlock in an actual play actually use Eldritch Blast

Travis used it a lot in Season 2 of Critical Role, but I know what you mean. Personally, it's my favorite part of Warlocks in DnD.

Here thread, have two good animatics that Youtube recommended me yesterday:

Measure Once, Cut Twice from Ep. 17 of Season 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjBZN9A3ULA

Poison Ravioli for Two from the Patreon-only Sons and Sonsability Ep. 1 (I think): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_9DC3tQf0o

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 15, 2022

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

it's beginning

https://twitter.com/MikeBeauvais/status/1564799032656019461?s=20&t=7OWzPaT_hVW5thXkaxkYug

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

https://twitter.com/abskhir/status/1563360419208925184?s=21&t=dQOqmfQXnLiUVPZfb_6opQ

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
love the guy going 'careful, he's crafty!'

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Man these last two episodes have been loving great, pods always best when they're just making dumb problems for themselves.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Vagabong posted:

Man these last two episodes have been loving great, pods always best when they're just making dumb problems for themselves.

Yeah, they're back to just riffing, which is what I missed.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
If season 1 was the Beth show, season 2 is all Matt all the time and it rules. Link is such a good character and Matt has absolutely gone all in and every episode his performances keep getting better.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
yea Link originally was my least favorite just because 'the guy who kinda genuinely doesn't want to be here' is a rough dynamic to pull off well in a collaborative effort but ever since the 'I'm going to the cops to tell them I killed someone' he's been my favorite by far. The whole cast rules, obviously, but yea Matt's going balls to the wall with Link's dynamic and it's paying off super well.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Matt has always been the axis of this podcast. Relistening to season 1 without being surprised by Ron's antics mad me notice just how much of the podcast was pushed forward by Matt/Darryl.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The whole cast is great, you can argue about which part of a pizza is your favorite but you need all of it together to make a meal.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think one of Matt's greatest strengths is doing things that are dumb, bad ideas from a player perspective, but make perfect sense for his characters to do. Basically making his characters' flaws have real, actual consequences in the game, but not to an extent where it goes too far and unnecessarily derails things.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The whole cast is great, you can argue about which part of a pizza is your favorite but you need all of it together to make a meal.

Agreed, though now that someone has pointed out how much Freddie talks, I can't unnotice it and it's starting to bother me a little bit too. I like him, but I wish he'd dial it down 2 or 3 notches, or at least stop doing the thing where he interrupts someone with "no no no, no no no," until they yield

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I know this is already the Matt appreciation page, but goddamn, Matt. Trying too hard to be Goth Lincoln, and then abandoning the facade in a panic when the stakes got too high really got me. Also "let's see you dodge me"

Also I felt stupid for not knowing what they were all holy making GBS threads about at the end of the previous episode, but I never had a my chemical romance phase so I guess it just sailed over my head

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Ainsley McTree posted:

I know this is already the Matt appreciation page, but goddamn, Matt. Trying too hard to be Goth Lincoln, and then abandoning the facade in a panic when the stakes got too high really got me. Also "let's see you dodge me"

Also I felt stupid for not knowing what they were all holy making GBS threads about at the end of the previous episode, but I never had a my chemical romance phase so I guess it just sailed over my head

That setup had me irl cackling

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

One other thing I love is Matt's complete indifference to NPCs dying.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
oughhh the intro :qq:

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

New patreon aims right for Anthony's weak spot.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Been waiting for this plot turn for months now, and I'm not disappointed

Also that One Week parody was incredible.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Weird to say, but I think that episode where they got to play the season 1 dads for a few minutes may have been good for the show. I feel like the last few episodes have been better.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dungeons and Daddies has entered the Boys vs. Girl arc. Do you think Hermie and the dads got hurt when willy escaped?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm interested to hear the teen talk to this episode. I loved it but the reaction seems all over the place.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I got a big laugh out of the whole "just one more step to making her fall in love with me :smug:" / "i'm going to kill him some day" inner monologue exchange

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I'm interested to hear the teen talk to this episode. I loved it but the reaction seems all over the place.

The reveal that Scary's heel turn wasn't explicitly planned, and that Beth was wrestling with when and if to do it for ages was very good. Sometimes I feel that this, and other, podcasts can get a little scripted (at least in broad terms, like a wrestling storyline) so some genuine foreshadowed twists are appreciated.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I really wish they would chill out a little with the film nerd obsession with forced story arcs and just let it be fun.

I’m not saying throw that completely out the window because they obviously love it so much but they’re overthinking it. Maybe I just need to stop listening to Teen Talk for a while.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
WHAT

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I guess that’s 2/2 for Freddie

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Best episode I've heard in a while. They really do need to stop trying to "craft a narrative" and just bounce off one another.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hell seems like a surprisingly chill place.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Will Campos tweeted a positive review of a new actual play podcast called Real Housewives of Dungeons and Dragons. I listened to the first two episodes and...I think I'm in on this!

It's silly DnD in the vein of Dungeons and Daddies, and the PCs and Co-DMs are funny. The editing is pretty tight and there's sound effects and combat music and all that good stuff. I didn't really recognize any of the cast members which made me hesitate at first, but they all seem pretty chill so that's good.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

Best episode I've heard in a while. They really do need to stop trying to "craft a narrative" and just bounce off one another.
I had to check whether I was in this thread or the TAZ one, lol

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Stroop There It Is posted:

I had to check whether I was in this thread or the TAZ one, lol

Yeah really. It's been a problem with a few APs.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

Best episode I've heard in a while. They do need to stop trying to "craft a narrative" and just bounce off one another.

I feel the same way. They keep deciding on an Arc and focusing on it when all their best stuff comes from chaotically trying to impede each other.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Predictably, this pvp is a huge drag

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Predictably, this pvp is a huge drag

It had some good character moments near the end though.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Highlight was Anthony's new writing credit.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

im getting a little tired by: Scary doesn't want to be on the team! -> Link does something suicidal to demonstrate his love, momentarily calming Scary! -> Scary doesn't want to be on the team! -> Link does something suicidal to demonstrate his love, momentarily calming Scary! -> Scary doesn't want to be on the team!

and i know that scary is a teenager in a show where stakes don't matter, but it's a little hard to justify people wanting her around when she's directly responsible for killing a man they spent episodes humanizing, is constantly lovely to everyone, has tried to kill the teens multiple times, and now almost burned down Normal's house and almost killed his mom on a lark. it doesn't make sense why all these teens are desperate for Scary to stay around, except for the external meta reason that they don't want to have Beth reroll a character

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 17, 2023

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm hoping latest episode is a turning point for Scary and she stops acting like the worst person ever at least a little bit so there's at least some plausible reason the other kids tolerate her presence.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

I got the feeling that the final third of the last episode (ep31) was them re-recording to close out that "arc" and move on because it was getting so tedious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Same, mostly. They seem like they've gotten their comedic rhythm back, so I hope this is them shedding some baggage.