Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Read After Burning posted:

Okay, as a :sueme: I feel like I'm obligated to find this show, although I have a feeling it's probably gonna be a bit :stare: as well, depending on when it came out.

It looks like it was season 8 of Are You the One.

I'm re-watching early seasons of Housewives: Atlanta with my partner (he's a straight dude so he's newer to the reality show thing, but he absolutely loves them now, "it's trash, but it's fun trash") and we just saw the fight where Nene is hollering about how she's gonna pop Kim's eyeballs out of her head, :lmao: The good poo poo!

Early Atlanta was so good. It's too bad that Nene got too full of herself. She quit the show when she thought she was going to make it big as an actress, but she was apparently an absolute nightmare to work with, so she was pretty quickly shut out of Hollywood. She reluctantly returned to the show, but she had burned bridges with the entire cast before she left, so she had no friends left in the cast, and was constantly combative and miserable, before she was actually fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

In the MTV show where everyone's bi, are you possibly referring to Tila Tequila's dating show? Or am I aging myself and it's actually something newer?

EDIT: Beaten.

Nihonniboku posted:

It looks like it was season 8 of Are You the One

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

I tried to watch RHoSLC since Bowen and Matt made it 90% of their podcast content (remaining 10% being Taylor Swift)], but I could never get into it because, like you said, it was just manufactured drama. I actually got a few eps through Potomac which seemed kinda fun.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Nihonniboku posted:

:cheers: Excellent, I'll check it out! I'm hoping this coming out in 2019 means it'll be a lot easier to watch than the previous attempt,

Pan Dulce posted:

In the MTV show where everyone's bi, are you possibly referring to Tila Tequila's dating show? Or am I aging myself and it's actually something newer?

which came out in 2007. :corsair:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

which came out in 2007. :corsair:

Just loving bury me, I'm done. :smith:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Pan Dulce posted:

EDIT: Beaten.

And Tila Tequila's show was a move to piggy back off of the celeb-reality dating shows that VH1 had at the time for D-listers. I will full on admit that I watched all three seasons of Rock of Love and Flavor of Love, both of I Love New York, and Daisy of Love because it was pure trash. I also watched all of Shot of Love with Tila Tequila and she was pretty charming at the time. It was all decent stuff to have on in the background while I did homework since it didn't require too much attention. I feel old as balls remember it.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

While looking for Jinkx Chicago stuff I saw this (which I hadn't before), maybe someone else will enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgSnRdPWPPw

baronmasochist
Jan 17, 2004

colors

Nihonniboku posted:

This was a fun season of AYTO - the twist that everyone is potentially everyone else's match made this season significantly more challenging than the others in terms of the game itself. There was drama, as there usually is in these kinds of shows, but also so much queer joy.

My favorite contestant from this season was Basit whose preferred pronouns are none.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

How in TYOOL 2023 do we have people on Drag Race that do not sew? You should start with needle and thread the moment you mail your application in

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Honestly, that runway was really good. Sure, some were better than others but no failures in the bunch (I say before judging).

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Malaysia truly faked it till she made it

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Pinwiz11 posted:

Honestly, that runway was really good. Sure, some were better than others but no failures in the bunch (I say before judging).

1000%, someone has to go home but nobody was dreadful,

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Oh my LORD. I RAGED at my screen. How the hell is Jax not in bottom two with Amethyst? How the hell are Robin and Malaysia top? Granted, Malayasia made passable, middle-of-the-pack drag, but Robin's was awful. Mistress DESERVED top three rank. And, this is going to be controversial, but so did EsTitties. How you gonna tell a drag queen what she made is "too much"? How you gonna tell a chola what she has as a jacket is too oversize? For that matter, oversize jackets are ALL on the runway this past season; Ru, Visage, and Carson's style is so antiquated it needs a walker with tennis balls and a colostomy bag.

When she was bottom with Amethyst (naturally), I yelled at my screen, "Rigamorris!" Oh well. At least it gave us GREAT lipsync fodder. Also, I completely agree with who got top and her response to winning was hilarious.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Gone home I was bummed to see Amethyst go, I liked her, and I think that if this had been like season 5, she would have made it to the final 5. But, the queens usually come in so much more polished these days, and she made the criminal mistake of never bothering to learn how to sew. It was her time.

Edit: Why are the queens not freaking the gently caress out that Janelle Monae came backstage to chat with them in Untucked? This is insane to me, they look so bored with her, which makes no sense because she is more iconic than any other guest judge they've had on in quite some time, let alone this season.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 28, 2023

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yeah, Eth-Tiddithe did not deserve bottom. There were several safe girls with worse looks: Spice's looked like a clear bottom, Aura's needed to be more, and Anetra's looked unfinished. But at least she got to slay a lip sync to a song that was way overdue.

Winner was correct, though I would've put Loosey in the top over Sasha or Malaysia.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I loved the cover up for Sasha's look and the Matthews group over all had probably the best over all feel compared to the rest. I'll also agree that EsTitties didn't need to be the bottom. I also probably would have switched out Sasha for Mistress but the winner was the right choice.

Also no real serious disasters, even in the bottom looks. There's no LaLa Ri's in this design challenge, even the loosing look wasn't as bad as it could have been. Which is always good but I'll admit, I do love a true trainwreck awful look though.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Also no real serious disasters, even in the bottom looks. There's no LaLa Ri's in this design challenge, even the loosing look wasn't as bad as it could have been. Which is always good but I'll admit, I do love a true trainwreck awful look though.

We still have 39452 Queens left, so there's plenty of time to find our next Golden Boot candidate.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The funny thing is, this runway had more toots than previous ones, which they brought from home! I feel like if they do the golden boot, it'll be the first non-design challenge winner. I'm not sure if I want or don't want it to be Salina.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

We still have 39452 Queens left, so there's plenty of time to find our next Golden Boot candidate.

A very, verry good point. I need serious ugly look that a queen has deluded themself in to thinking is fabulous or has entirely melted down over.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Tulalip Tulips posted:

A very, verry good point. I need serious ugly look that a queen has deluded themself in to thinking is fabulous or has entirely melted down over.

You have a winner that is Delusion (Convince Yourself) about how amazing she is.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

You have a winner that is Delusion (Convince Yourself) about how amazing she is.

I love Luxx and her delusion but that look was actually good. I want her to wear something absolutely atrocious, get told it's atrocious, and then go "nah, it's the best".

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This was a good design challenge based on how different everybody's judging opinions are and how insane I feel for mine.

WIN: Luxx
HIGH: Mistress and Aura
LOW: Loosey
BOTTOM: Amethyst and Spice

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They can't keep giving wins to Sasha because it makes her inevitable crowning too predictable

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Detox was on the latest The Pit Stop, and Bianca told the story of how they first met. Essentially, Bianca was asked to host a press event with the cast for the premiere of season 5, and they had each contestant set up at separate tables where the press could come and interview them. When getting there, instead of going to her table, Detox walked right up to Bianca and asked if they could get a drink together. Bianca was like, wait, don't you have to do press? And Detox just said, "I don't win," and they went off to the bar.

This was around the time when leaks with precise boot order was pretty well known. I imagine they have much better NDAs these days.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Nah, they’re drag queens, there’s always leaks. Frankly the layout of the rest of this season is already pretty much known although the exact details of win counts is still being ironed out.

Interestingly Canada VTW had a lot of fake spoilers but the elimination order was always pretty well known. Anita and Ra’jah were said to have a tiff at some point but it never came to pass.

Whatever season it was Deja Skye was on and won Snatch Game as Lil Jon and everyone else lost? There was a spoiler/rumour that she got to do a solo lipsync “for her pleasure” which we all know didn’t air, but there’s recently been some piping hot tea mawma that it probably did happen and was just bad because she didn’t know the words, because you can’t just be like “here do this song.” Song was Hallucinate IIRC.

Edit: Nope it was Levitating. I don’t know how to link an instagram reel but check her account for the “when that song comes on”

angerbot fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 30, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Hallucinate would be such a good song for a lip synch tho imo

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Normy posted:

It's alright Michelle knows them all and is an expert on every one of them.

Unless you’re able to go Roxxxy doing Tamar or Jinkx doing Little Edie, don’t be doing these random rear end “stars” that RuPaul doesn’t know. Just because their 30 second clip is funny to you, who has watched 7 million of their 30 second clips while doom scrolling on the toilet doesn’t mean that anyone else finds it funny out of context. And I know I’m being a grumpy rear end old about this. I don’t care.

I don’t know who most of those people played, and I don’t care to know, because nobody made enough of an impression for me to follow up on it. Karen whogler? Saucy what? Who are these people and why should I care?

Also, I do know who Miley is, because my friend’s kid was obsessed with Hannah Montana. I don’t recall much about the show, but I don’t think that was how she behaved, was it?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

dino. posted:

Unless you’re able to go Roxxxy doing Tamar or Jinkx doing Little Edie, don’t be doing these random rear end “stars” that RuPaul doesn’t know. Just because their 30 second clip is funny to you, who has watched 7 million of their 30 second clips while doom scrolling on the toilet doesn’t mean that anyone else finds it funny out of context. And I know I’m being a grumpy rear end old about this. I don’t care.

I don’t know who most of those people played, and I don’t care to know, because nobody made enough of an impression for me to follow up on it. Karen whogler? Saucy what? Who are these people and why should I care?

Also, I do know who Miley is, because my friend’s kid was obsessed with Hannah Montana. I don’t recall much about the show, but I don’t think that was how she behaved, was it?

I agree with your point overall, I was just thinking about it myself. It helps if Ru actually knows who the character is so that he has something to work with and feed setups to jokes for the queens. Like when Coco tried to drag Jinkx on set for doing Little Edie, Ru promptly shut her down and explained why she was iconic. He was able to feed her lines about her mother and the Kennedy's. Ru had obviously seen the Grey Gardens, and was aware of Tamar through her more famous sister.

If you know who Tamar Braxton is outside the show, you should know who Karen Huger is, who is arguably more famous than Tamar these days, and has probably even appeared on Andy Cohen with Ru before. I was only aware of who Saucy Santana was because I believe someone from another franchise, Canada or UK most likely, talked about doing them for Snatch Game.

Spice was doing an over the top caricature of Miley, sort of how Kenya did a crack addled Beyonce. Neither worked.

Amethyst's Tan Mom actually worked because even if you don't know this woman who became a meme like 10 years ago, the setup and concept is obvious.

One of the worst examples was Crystal's Poppy. Nobody had any idea who she was,

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I don't know any Real Housewife-esque people, but Joslyn and Pearl still managed to be funny to me

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think some queens go to someone they think they can pull off the look or voice of and stop there. The most important part of Snatch game is still being funny and you don’t actually need the audience to know your character to do that. It helps certainly, especially if it’s also someone Ru’s familiar with so she can lob some easy setups at you.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Oh I have no clue who Tamar is either. I just liked Roxxxy going hard on Snatch Game. I don’t think RuPaul knew either, but found it funny, so went with it.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I think original/historical character is the easiest way to go that way you can build your own gags around your strengths. Jax doesn't strike me as particularly comedic, but her Mona Lisa was perfectly safe performance and a smart choice to skate through a renowned tough challenge.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Tamar Braxton was a great choice because "famous person's much less famous sibling" is always a funny concept regardless of if you actually know who they are. It might even be better if you don't. I don't really like the genderswapped ones where they're the fake sister of whatever famous guy. I don't get why that's a better or funnier choice than just going as the actual person (I guess some people may have been offended by Kim Jong Un). I figured maybe they just didn't want to do an impersonation of a dude, but Marcia's Tim Gunn was funny and "Gorgena Ramsay" was not, so.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I would kill Snatch Game as Jim Nabors. :colbert:

Rather, I would do a fantastic impersonation of Gomer Pyle. I can't guarantee I'd actually be funny!

Nihonniboku posted:

One of the worst examples was Crystal's Poppy. Nobody had any idea who she was,

I know Saucy Santana because I follow rap/hip hop, including modern-day stuff. I think I was the only one I knew who was aware of Poppy, and that's only because my partner and I watched this Youtube video about her then-partner, Titanic Sinclair, who is a weird-rear end abuser. Poppy's also been a guest judge on Dragula twice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic_Sinclair#Controversies_and_abuse_allegations

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Speaking of Braxtons, there is a disturbing lack of Toni Braxton lip syncs throughout the entire franchise. What gives WoW?

It took 14 seasons and however many spin-off to get one, and it was that horrible remix of Un-break My Heart I blocked out of my memory until just now.

I would kill for a He Wasn't Man Enough lip sync.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Pan Dulce posted:

I swear, between all her Ru-given gigs and British reality TV she's on, where does she get the time to see all these tv/film/YouTube/TikTok celebs and their work?

Forgot to reply to this but obviously the way everyone else does: watching random poo poo on your phone in bed before you go to sleep

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

I would kill for a He Wasn't Man Enough lip sync.

A part of me is grateful, simply because I wouldn't want some moment like, Nina Bo’Nina Brown vs. Valentina, Nina West vs. Silky Nutmeg Ganache, or Charlie Hides vs. Trinity Taylor in SUCH an epic song.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

I swear to god this 15 year old jumpscare jpeg of Ru in the driver's catsuit in the intro gets crunchier and crunchier every single year.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Peronka on CBC's Bollywed (can watch on CBC Gem, not sure of viewing options outside of Canada though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Is there a joke I'm not getting? Why did you spell it like that?