Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

itry posted:

It's in the same house? What's the point of that? That's basically TM: NZ: AU edition.

I assume it's temporary?
Almost certainly economies of scale/don't fix what isn't broken? They can piggy back off the knowledge that the Kiwi show runners/crew have, rather than taking the risk of doing something from the ground up themselves. I believe the studio segments were done in Oz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I guess if you're using the same crew and equipment you don't want to move it all to Australia. But still, using the same house is kinda lame. It's the TM house, not the TM cohouse. :goonsay:

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I like what I'm seeing from the Taskmaster so far, giving off a different vibe from Greg too which is good cause I don't think he'd pull it off otherwise. I wonder how the assistant is going to play things since they don't really show him doing anything.

And the point is we get more Taskmaster. :colbert:

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

itry posted:

It's in the same house? What's the point of that? That's basically TM: NZ: AU edition.

I assume it's temporary?

It's tradition for Australians to steal stuff from New Zealand, much like they do already with desserts. Taking the entire Taskmaster house is rather on brand.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Phigs posted:

And the point is we get more Taskmaster. :colbert:

Hmm. Fair.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

The American and Spanish versions would like a word with the lack of nuance there but the red flags present are much fewer here.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Clearly little Alex Horn is trying to turn the NZ house into THE Taskmaster master compound where he;s going to bugout there and be an assistant to whoever becomes TM of the post end world.

Tasks issued on cb radio.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Besides wanting to watch that when someone uploads it, is there an easy way to just watch tv in other countries? I’ll take commercials and all, I’m just curious to watch some Aussie/Irish/Parisian tv

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Well, Self Esteem is having a show in SF in April, guess I'll get to see her live.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Another trailer, another task spoiler

https://twitter.com/nonstoptom/status/1614419688670515200

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What makes me slightly uneasy is that they're not using the signature Taskmaster theme tune in their promos.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Paladinus posted:

What makes me slightly uneasy is that they're not using the signature Taskmaster theme tune in their promos.

They used it briefly in the first one.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
I do appreciate that the Australian TM has scheduled itself in the one season currently devoid of English-language TM. If the pattern of Oz / UK / NZ / UK keeps going then that's going to be a nice year-round schedule.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I wonder if being broadcast at 7:30 will change the nature of the show (no British swearing, no New Zealand nudity, no Norwegian unsafe abuse of powertools and/or fire)

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Pablo Bluth posted:

I wonder if being broadcast at 7:30 will change the nature of the show (no British swearing, no New Zealand nudity, no Norwegian unsafe abuse of powertools and/or fire)
You do know Australia right...?

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Superrodan posted:

I have FINALLY, FINALLY, finished editing my version of Taskmaster. It has escaped into the world, and here it is (part 2 is linked in the description AND in a small window at the end that is my stupid joke at the expense of the official Taskmaster channel):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmhjC9a-25k

I really appreciate everyone that helped me with this, most of the jury members were goons. For a fun idea of how long this has been in the works, check out my post history in this thread. I hope you guys enjoy, I know I had a blast putting this together and I'm proud of how it turned out.

Congrats on the release of your version. My girlfriend and I watched it this weekend. It was great. Honestly, better than I expected. You all did an amazing job.

taarna23
Jul 7, 2021

Superrodan posted:

I HAVE SOME INCREDIBLE NEWS THEN. It's fortuitous that you made this post actually because your username is mentioned somewhere in one of these two fabulous brand new episodes.

I have FINALLY, FINALLY, finished editing my version of Taskmaster. It has escaped into the world, and here it is (part 2 is linked in the description AND in a small window at the end that is my stupid joke at the expense of the official Taskmaster channel):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmhjC9a-25k

I really appreciate everyone that helped me with this, most of the jury members were goons. For a fun idea of how long this has been in the works, check out my post history in this thread. I hope you guys enjoy, I know I had a blast putting this together and I'm proud of how it turned out.

This was actually fantastic. It was really well done, even with the lost video work. Great humour, great tasks. You nailed the overall feel of the show. I hope you'll do some more one day! :D

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Thanks to both of ya! I know its a significant time investment to watch the whole thing so I truly appreciate it. As for making more, I've said never a few times but also I can't stop thinking about things I'd want to do next time whenever I try to go to bed, so its possible at some point that part of me wins out and I can't help but consider it seriously.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Superrodan posted:

Thanks to both of ya! I know its a significant time investment to watch the whole thing so I truly appreciate it. As for making more, I've said never a few times but also I can't stop thinking about things I'd want to do next time whenever I try to go to bed, so its possible at some point that part of me wins out and I can't help but consider it seriously.

I really appreciated the good quality audio.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

A new series of Kongen Befaler, with a new TM, aired last night. Comments by those who speak Norwegian is positive. The official YouTube channel posted the prize task (thing that makes you tough) but without subtitles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oA2NlUaQFo

TM Aus is next week. Spoilery mashup of clips alert:

https://twitter.com/_tomcashman/status/1618764912922337280

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 27, 2023

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I had a hunch that Bård would step in. He was the one who enthusiastically pushed for the Norwegian version in the first place.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I desperately want to know what that tea and cookie task is about.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The first episode of Kongen Befaler was pretty good, started a bit slow and then improved a lot. Except for the studio task which I though wasn't all that.

While anyone interested waits for an episode translation, I translated the task Bård can be seen writing during the opening:

Bård posted:

Mash the green grape without damaging the red grape. Fastest wins. Time starts now. You cannot mash any grapes other than those lying on this table, nor leave the room before the task is complete. You should be certain that you're mashing the correct grape before mashing the green grape. Once you have mashed one grape, you cannot mash the other. The task is solved once you have mashed the correct grape unless you have already mashed the red grape, which is the wrong grape in this task.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Wow it doesn't feel that long ago that the whole thing happened, did they manage to film the whole thing in that time or just the studio?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Boxturret posted:

Wow it doesn't feel that long ago that the whole thing happened, did they manage to film the whole thing in that time or just the studio?

They actually filmed it a year ago as a backup plan because Atle Antonsen doing something really stupid while really drunk was very real scenario.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Alhazred posted:

They actually filmed it a year ago as a backup plan because Atle Antonsen doing something really stupid while really drunk was very real scenario.

I haven't seen it, but I would guess that when the contestants were filming they thought they'd be doing it with the old taskmaster. It probably wouldn't be too hard to edit around anyone saying the name of the Taskmaster if they happen to do so.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
In the various series across the world, contestants have mentioned the bits at the house being filmed anyhwere from 4-6 months before the studio bits.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Also, apparently the studio segments were still being filmed when the first episode aired - it was about a 3 day turnaround between filming and airdate.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Superrodan posted:

I haven't seen it, but I would guess that when the contestants were filming they thought they'd be doing it with the old taskmaster. It probably wouldn't be too hard to edit around anyone saying the name of the Taskmaster if they happen to do so.
Now I can't help but take it as a safety measure every time a task reads "buy a gift for 'the taskmaster'". Just in case Greg gets drunk and says something about unisex toilets.

Granted, the gigantic portrait of Greg in the living room would give the editors more of a headache.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's actually trivial to edit out with modern editing software. See also: the American broadcasts of 'The Great British Baking Show', where due to some licensing issues or whatnot, they had to digitally change the name of the show on all trophies.

\/\/\/ Nice, I somehow completely forgot I knew this from that video.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 28, 2023

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Someone even made a YouTube video about that:
https://youtu.be/2OEwbocwYF8

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Captain Disillusion is a great follow, absolutely top tier content.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lars executing a good idea in the most dangerous way he could come up with was pretty good:
https://i.imgur.com/sWz2Dnw.mp4

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Wait, what? Did some show switch the big guy?

I mean, Finnish one needs that to happen a series ago, but still.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

The big guy did some racism.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Pablo Bluth posted:

The big guy did some racism.

Which one, the Norwegian?

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
TM NZ adjacent - Guy Montgomery's Guy Mont Spelling Bee starts next month

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn-bEBqyCx7/

It'll be streaming in NZ, hopefully it won't be too much hassle to watch overseas

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

I know this is a rather late reply but I was going to ask when TM NZ started because I could not find a straight answer but this made me do a little dance in my computer chair. I have several shows that I like starting in February or at least continuing then.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Finally watching Season 9, episode 2 and Jo Brand has already given up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Can you give up if you never gave any shits to begin within