Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/ShiroHunter/status/1619681769581645824?t=yEwI2fS3PsIQqg14oi1pOA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Dareon posted:

Did the first Ivalice raid today and, honestly, it's not doing it for me. Too much nostalgia, not enough innovation. The battle music, which was fitting for a steady, turn-based experience in FFT, falls flat with the high-octane raid bosses. Plus there's the fact I only ever played the original Playstation version and talking about this Argath guy like he's supposed to be Algus is making me grumpy.

I'm still going to be running them repeatedly because I want like four different outfits.

The story is pretty weak overall but the fights in the Ivalice raids are excellent and still a decent challenge.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

ivalice raids have mathbot and are therefore the best qed

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I finally found my people.

None of them even mention how good with kids he is! The man clearly is ready to be a dad.

The one about the fridge has me dying

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

rantmo posted:

The story is pretty weak overall but the fights in the Ivalice raids are excellent and still a decent challenge.

Oh, yeah, the fights were great. Even the trash Seeq pack with the chocobos and mimics was fun. As far as the story goes, the best I can say so far is it's nice seeing Bangaa again. Yoship why did we get buff catmen when you had buff lizardmen already skeletoned and everything. (I know why, they've got too much physical diversity, you couldn't easily homogenize them into a player race)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Electric Phantasm posted:

The one about the fridge has me dying

It's all so accurate.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Dareon posted:

Oh, yeah, the fights were great. Even the trash Seeq pack with the chocobos and mimics was fun. As far as the story goes, the best I can say so far is it's nice seeing Bangaa again. Yoship why did we get buff catmen when you had buff lizardmen already skeletoned and everything. (I know why, they've got too much physical diversity, you couldn't easily homogenize them into a player race)

They couldn't be bothered to not half rear end hrothgar so I wouldn't be all the confident in how playable bangaa would turn out.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I do miss the days when chocobo meteors would kill people, but maybe if we’re lucky red chocobos will pop up again in a patch somewhere. Maybe in the next criterion dungeon or deep eureka.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
If you want choco meteors killing people just spend some time in Bozja. I joined that fight once and I'm traumatized. If I ever see it again I'll just spectate in mute horror from outside and help pick the bodies back up when it's over.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Speaking of Red Choco. My DM in a campaign I'm playing did this fun gag.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Some ding dong won the housing plot I bid on and it wasn't me. Complicated emotions followed:

Anger, depression naps, drinking (with falling sakura blossoms),

Cursing the gods, sadness-derived pyromania, and further drinking (while loyal, tight-lipped friends clean up after your firebug episode).

At least I have my returned deposit of millions of gil to console me... plus the aforementioned friends who will absolutely not rat me out for trying to burn down the FC house.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

They couldn't be bothered to not half rear end hrothgar so I wouldn't be all the confident in how playable bangaa would turn out.

Okay but when are we getting Burmecians, though.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Bleck posted:

We have a bunch of tall races now, surely they'll put in another fun-sized race

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

won my housing bid only to learn my new neighbor has a greeting declaring themselves a home for "traditional values and morals" and warning sjws, marxists, and liberals to keep out. what are the largest and most garish paissas i can put in my yard (they are a japanese-themed fc with a boring exterior in shiro so i'm assuming extremely loud and garish paissas and moogles are my best route).

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
whatever you do, don't forget to also report them

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I believe Paissa house with the giant Namazu wicker man and any other giant tasteless lawn ornaments is the general "piss off your rear end in a top hat neighbors" strategy. Maybe the candy house, although I think that's cash shop?

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

is that actually reportable? i assumed it was the kind of almost-but-not-quite behavior that wasn't really actionable but that'd be way cheaper than infinite paissas

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Antivehicular posted:

I believe Paissa house with the giant Namazu wicker man and any other giant tasteless lawn ornaments is the general "piss off your rear end in a top hat neighbors" strategy. Maybe the candy house, although I think that's cash shop?

Max out your yard limit with those lovely namazu effigies from the namazu dailies. The noise is by far the most obnoxious thing.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Also go with the gayest house model you can, which yeah is probably the gingerbread walls.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Also worth consideration: the Thavnairian lawn boat, which is both garishly colored and a boat just sitting on your lawn

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Antivehicular posted:

Also worth consideration: the Thavnairian lawn boat, which is both garishly colored and a boat just sitting on your lawn

i've really been pretty settled on not engaging with housing but the ability to be a "boat on the lawn" guy is pretty tempting lol

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

When I had a bid down on the weird Goblet plot that's a small tucked away behind a large plot, I was definitely planning on multiple lawn boats just to really accentuate the "squatter in a mansion's disused pool shed" feeling

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Antivehicular posted:

I had to google that since I hadn't seen it and oh wow it sure has the possibility to be placed in very obnoxious ways

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

susan b buffering posted:

i've really been pretty settled on not engaging with housing but the ability to be a "boat on the lawn" guy is pretty tempting lol

Xerophyte posted:

I had to google that since I hadn't seen it and oh wow it sure has the possibility to be placed in very obnoxious ways

Much to think about…

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Xerophyte posted:

time to found my very own "Beautiful Boaters" FC

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Boatse

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

oh no, I fantasia'd into a lalafell after years of playing and i kind of like it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

biceps crimes posted:

oh no, I fantasia'd into a lalafell after years of playing and i kind of like it

It's cool because you feel like you're running faster

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I’ve thought about making the jump to Au Ra but it’s such a tough choice.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

susan b buffering posted:

yeah I'm putting one up on blocks in my yard right now while I very slowly figure out how I actually want to decorate

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

If you're going to flood your yard with Namazu, remember to weaponize them:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1WzRHvfMcQ

Regalingualius fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 30, 2023

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Valentin posted:

won my housing bid only to learn my new neighbor has a greeting declaring themselves a home for "traditional values and morals" and warning sjws, marxists, and liberals to keep out. what are the largest and most garish paissas i can put in my yard (they are a japanese-themed fc with a boring exterior in shiro so i'm assuming extremely loud and garish paissas and moogles are my best route).

Anything with rainbows, make your retainers into himbos with the 2b leggings and bunny bustier top, just go full tilt on it, advertise drag shows on your placard, take pictures for the thread

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Pyrtanis posted:

take pictures for the thread

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Valentin posted:

I am so jealous of the impotent rage you are about to generate

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Dareon posted:

It's not so much the physical diversity within Bangaa, it's that they're too physically different from the other player races. Currently, they mostly only make 5 models for every piece of gear: Hyur Midlander Male, Midlander Female, Highlander Male, Roegadyn Male and Lalafell Male. Lalafell Female are a common additional model, and rarely they'll do special models for the races with tails and different ears. (Very rarely do they need to do a unique model for nearly every race and gender.) Bangaa are different enough they'd almost certainly add 2 (or 1, if they were single-gender) additional permanent models per armor/glamour. That's a significant increase to dev time, and considering they're struggling with Hrothgar and often decide to not accommodate tails and ears, I don't think the Bangaa are something the team could handle in any way that would satisfy players. (Edit: Think of WoW's Drakthyr dragon form, for example, but without a human form to fall back on.)

Bleck posted:

Pyrtanis posted:

We have a bunch of tall races now, surely they'll put in another fun-sized race

Just in case y'all haven't heard, they said they had zero plans to add more races after they added Viera and Hrothgar in ShB. In fact, they originally planned on leaving them as single-gender races until fan requests were big enough that they got male Viera taken care of and the art team didn't want to just leave it at that. Once female Hrothgar are out, I wouldn't expect any more races to come unless it's very rarely and/or they go the route of WoW's original Alliance Races pitch of old models and rigging but reskinned.

Onean fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 30, 2023

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

terrible awful idea: playable goblins, same models for both sexes, some ability to customize your stock gobbie outfit (possibly be able to dye it?) but no gear ever appears on your model because of gobbie workgarb prismstrength

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Antivehicular posted:

terrible awful idea: playable goblins, same models for both sexes, some ability to customize your stock gobbie outfit (possibly be able to dye it?) but no gear ever appears on your model because of gobbie workgarb prismstrength

goblin RP lalafell is on my shortlist of possible alts, which gave me my own terrible awful idea: What's worse, a lalafell ERPer, or a lalafell ERPing as a goblin?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
How does a gnome rank with those?
https://twitter.com/skexchs/status/1270444987990360067?t=5CXlSqD5LSbsPJtN4bs-Xw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

It's craftable with FC mats. I don't think there are any cash shop houses?