Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

Gonna guess we'll get new Kroxigors and Salamanders. These two are absolutely atrocious. If they update those the Lizardman range is more or less fine.

hopefully the new saurus means new saurus knights too

the current cold ones are... not great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Wow, I can't believe how great the new Seraphon look. I'd go as far as to say they look way better than most third-party options for 3D printing.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I like the tentative ancient aliens thing but I wish they had developed a stronger iconography. Like something on the shields that has something from a set of one or three distinctive runes or totem animals or icons, plus on some ornamental breastplates or hats or chains or back flags etc. Sun or meteor or something. Those OG saurus cav actually are a good example, those pseudo mesoamerican bits and bobs do a lot to give them character.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

:perfect:

I saw it's face and immediately went "Naaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiil," in my head.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hope they decide to let us buy that Warcry poo poo separately. I'm so tired of them tying interesting miniatures to a gigantic loving box.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
New Seraphon look awesome. And having just started Soulblight Gravelords and being excited about skirmish scale games, I'm very happy to see the vampires in the next Warcry box.

DLC Inc posted:

hope they decide to let us buy that Warcry poo poo separately. I'm so tired of them tying interesting miniatures to a gigantic loving box.

Like Kill Team, they release the war bands separately a little after the next big box comes out. Rotmire Creed and Horns of Hashut from Heart of Ghur are available separately right now, for example.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Kinda love that they've decided to go with Buddhist monk vampires, too. But the lizards are definitely the best things in a while.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Friday night, posting tiny plastic toys on a dead forum in a thread for a game I still haven't played. That might change soon, at least.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Here I was being bummed I hadn't picked up my local shop's last Start Collecting Seraphon box.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Talas posted:

Wow, I can't believe how great the new Seraphon look. I'd go as far as to say they look way better than most third-party options for 3D printing.

Those skink riders for sure - though I'd say OPRs saurus (fantasy and sci-fi) are both better still.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Goonhammer's reviews of Gloomspite and Beasts of Chaos are up. Beasts seem to be incredibly good for goats and dragon ogors, monsters are neat but struggle with points increases, and bulls...well, they're trying, and they at least still hit hard. Gloomspite, troggs and squigs got extremely pushed. Moonclan in general has a ton of rally and rez tricks. Spiders are...present and not awful, wolves are decent but compete with squigs. Biggest problem seems to be that troggs and grots just don't really seem to synergize with each other so you're either running grots (and probably squigs) or troggs.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I hope the 40 point increase for Rippa's snarlfangs that they talk about is worth it...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I bought the regular gitz book and teh squigboss
no way is the limited version worth $90 and the wolf riders are the wrong aesthetic (not cute and chaotic)

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I just picked up the Era of the Beast book for Soulbound, and there's definitely some cool stuff in there. I really like the Imprison and Preach Unorthodoxy options for Endeavors.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

grassy gnoll posted:

Friday night, posting tiny plastic toys on a dead forum in a thread for a game I still haven't played. That might change soon, at least.

I'm not usually the biggest stormcast fan but these look phenomenal!

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
I rescued a Soul Grinder from eBay, judging from the website I can use this with Daemons or Slaves to Darkness. How feasible is it to ally with other chaos Armies?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Entirely doable but not generally a great use of points.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah the only thing preventing it is that soulgrinders are bad. But you can ally them into any chaos army just fine.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

I think you mean badass

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Its main problem in AoS is it costs 250 points, and what you get for that is a relatively fragile monster that can't decide if it wants to be in melee or not. Like, if it costed 150, it'd be pretty usable, but at 250 it's too unfocused and has relatively little defensive tech besides having 18 Wounds and a 4+ save. It can run and shoot, but its guns are only okay and it gets less Move as it gets shot. It has a pretty great range of melee attacks, but its ranged attacks and run-and-shoot seem to suggest it shouldn't be getting into melee, and "has great melee attacks" is not rare within Slaves to Darkness to begin with, while ranged attacks are.

Looks fuckin' cool, tho.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Genghis Cohen posted:

I'm not usually the biggest stormcast fan but these look phenomenal!

Thanks. TBF Stormcast don't do a lot for me either, but the Anvils are pretty cool and at least the newer sculpts aren't as lumpy.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Mors Rattus posted:

Its main problem in AoS is it costs 250 points, and what you get for that is a relatively fragile monster that can't decide if it wants to be in melee or not. Like, if it costed 150, it'd be pretty usable, but at 250 it's too unfocused and has relatively little defensive tech besides having 18 Wounds and a 4+ save. It can run and shoot, but its guns are only okay and it gets less Move as it gets shot. It has a pretty great range of melee attacks, but its ranged attacks and run-and-shoot seem to suggest it shouldn't be getting into melee, and "has great melee attacks" is not rare within Slaves to Darkness to begin with, while ranged attacks are.

Looks fuckin' cool, tho.

thanks for the breakdown sounds like he'll be a points filler untill I can collect the rest of the army. I'm getting the army box with the Demon Prince who I hear is also not great

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

People are split on the Prince, and there's probably some builds for him that are pretty good. Tourney scene's only just started figuring him out, though, in actual play.

Padical
Nov 29, 2004

Mors Rattus posted:

People are split on the Prince, and there's probably some builds for him that are pretty good. Tourney scene's only just started figuring him out, though, in actual play.

Where do you get your AoS info like this from? I am just building my first AoS army (also StD) and would love to see what these good builds are for the prince.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Padical posted:

Where do you get your AoS info like this from? I am just building my first AoS army (also StD) and would love to see what these good builds are for the prince.

Honest Wargamer runs channel that discusses tournament results and lists.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

From what I've seen the DP is pretty universally considered trash. He does no damage, and none of the heroic actions are remotely worth giving up Draw on Power or any of the generic heroic actions except maybe the Nurgle one, and even then only as a silver bullet against certain lists. I really fail to see how he is redeemable.

The only possible value I see in him is to schlep a doombringer blade artifact, but even then, eh. Just bring a sorcerer lord instead and have the same buff (but better) on tap.

Which is a real shame because the new model is absolutely beautiful.

The new army box is worth it though because you get 10 Chosen who are absolute monsters, the Ogroids are pretty good, and every model in there is gorgeous.

Geisladisk fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jan 30, 2023

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

I would say at 200 points he is hard sell - you pay 220 and get lod on karkadrak who hits like a bus. You pay 80 points less and you get sorceror on foot how is great buff piece.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I mostly read Goonhammer, which was mixed but partially positive on him in the initial stuff. Haven’t seen a lot since because they weren’t play legal until a few weeks ago.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Padical posted:

If you have four and a half hours (lol) of spare time, Vince Venturella and the Season of War guy did a extremely thorough review of the S2D book when it came out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1QSAPm38iU

HeyWoah recently received a practically bite-sized faction review which only comes in at 43 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3w5E0Dncck . Though I disagree with some of his takes, in particular he underestimates just how much of a jackhammer Chosen are.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/30/2023-event-exclusive-miniatures-the-commissars-duty-and-tolgar-split-eye

The new AoS event exclusive model has been revealed.

Pretty cool, but event exclusive so peak FOMO.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

That sculpt is really cool and it makes me wish once again that Darkoaths were a more fleshed-out subfaction that you could run as their own army. Not a fan of the bulky armored StD aesthetic but all the Conan rejects are right up my alley.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I really like the pose. He's like running because he's late to do battle and screaming to the Chaos bus to wait for him.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Talas posted:

I really like the pose. He's like running because he's late to do battle and screaming to the Chaos bus to wait for him.

I dont know about where you live but I just became aware that whoevers in charge of the bus schedules here definitely worships The Great Deceiver

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/30/2023-event-exclusive-miniatures-the-commissars-duty-and-tolgar-split-eye

The new AoS event exclusive model has been revealed.

Pretty cool, but event exclusive so peak FOMO.

I agree that FOMO can GTFO, but I'll be at Adepticon anyway, so I might as well snag one.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Well ain't you a lucky sonovabitch. :v:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Does anyone have a recommendation for 3d printed Chaos Dwarves? I know they didn't make the leap to AoS but may e someone has a good lead.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for 3d printed Chaos Dwarves? I know they didn't make the leap to AoS but may e someone has a good lead.

They may yet become a thing, they have been mentioned in the lore a lot recently.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Talas posted:

Needs a piece of toast in their mouth. :v:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

Needs a piece of toast in their mouth. :v:
God damnit, you made me go check Etsy for miniature food and I was about to buy a bunch of it... but not today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Regular loonboss is back in stock, along with big heckin spider.

Is there any point, right now, to a regular old loonboss if I got for loonboss/hq? units:

Skragrott
Loonboss on giant cave squig
loonboss on mangler squigs
Shaman Stinkmullet
squigboss (pre-ordered)

The spider is cool but I don't know how useful it is w/ the new book