Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

priznat posted:

That new hitman mode owns hard and I love how it doesn’t penalize you much if you gently caress up and have to kill a dozen or so people :haw:

whats all this then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Beastie posted:

whats all this then?

It’s called “freelancer” mode and you do campaigns where it randomizes locations and targets etc, and you keep some items you exit a map with for the next run. But you can also lose them!

They have infos on their site: https://ioi.dk/hitman

And it’s all on Gamepass!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I would appreciate quick resume except that my partner and I play a lot of the same games on the same console. If you log into a game while another profile has the game in quick resume, it'll close the other profile's quick resume session. So that's kind of a bummer.

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

univbee posted:

Bizarrely, on top of the other issues with the port, apparently due to some weird licensing nuance, you only get GoldenEye included with Rare Replay if you own RR digitally. Disc havers are SOL. You also can't buy it a-la-carte, so if you want to "own" it you have to own Rare Replay digitally specifically. If you don't, Xbox Game Pass is the only avenue for it.

Any idea if goldeneye is going to stick around long term? Based on the evident hell it was to make this happen at all, it does feel like any of the contract players could back out at any moment and take goldeneye offline.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

the rat fandom posted:

Any idea if goldeneye is going to stick around long term? Based on the evident hell it was to make this happen at all, it does feel like any of the contract players could back out at any moment and take goldeneye offline.

No idea, but if you care and don't own Rare Replay digitally it might be worth setting a tracker so you can pick it up next time it goes on sale. The game should be owned permanently in your account if you have Rare Replay digitally.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Holy poo poo that chapter seven character face off in Hi Fi Rush. That was great.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Professor Beetus posted:

I would appreciate quick resume except that my partner and I play a lot of the same games on the same console. If you log into a game while another profile has the game in quick resume, it'll close the other profile's quick resume session. So that's kind of a bummer.

Sounds like you need a second Xbox

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

univbee posted:

you only get GoldenEye included with Rare Replay if you own RR digitally. Disc havers are SOL.

The amount of people that own the eight year old rare replay on disc, and don’t have gamepass but really want to play goldeneye must be less than ten individuals globally.

I been playing a few more levels of goldeneye and it’s actually pretty hard at times. Having a lot of fun completing things in 00 agent but I have had to peek at a guide a few times. That level with boris, I didn’t realise he’d just run away and escape if I was too slow, the bastard

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
How do I get the free XBL (and GamePass?) codes?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Paypal Microsoft $16.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
there are so many bad goldeneye guides on the internet lol. one says you can just close the glass doors to the guidance console on Aztec and the guards won't be able to shoot you. turns out that was a loving lie and once you've gotten the card from Jaws, they can just open it behind you. so all of a sudden I turn around and there's six guys standing there, two of whom chuck grenades and I get launched into orbit

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dead Space is so close to the original that I'm not sure what the reason for this remake is but I'm enjoying it a lot. It was always a solid game to begin with.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Dead Space is so close to the original that I'm not sure what the reason for this remake is but I'm enjoying it a lot. It was always a solid game to begin with.
Have you played the original recently? There’s a lot of changes, particularly with the map and weapons system.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My housemate and I use my Series S so much that we're gonna buy a second one just to be able to do stuff on it at the same time. Haven't missed physical media at all.

Realising just how much poo poo is on gamepass I haven't gotten around to playing, like Hitman, or the port of Monster Hunter Rise (I don't own a Switch so I am glad it got ported). Hi Fi Rush looks awesome, I also highly suggest people play Robo Quest because it is a fun as hell roguelite shooter.

I for one am pumped for Redfall. It's Borderlands by Arkane, with a touch of TF2 artstyle in there. I enjoyed Tiny Tina's but was let down when they abandoned any further development to improve it, and have been itching for more co-op looter shooter stuff.

I have absolutely no interest in replaying Goldeneye. I had fond memories as a kid, I want to keep it that way.

Atomic Heart, Starfield (maybe!), and Redfall are more than enough games to entertain me, but there's so much more coming out that I will absolutely be keen for, and also a tonne out now I haven't touched.

Xbox really is winning.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

Have you played the original recently? There’s a lot of changes, particularly with the map and weapons system.

Yeah they added some metroidvania-esque locked doors and and a few new segments between levels but it's definitely more like, a shot for shot remake of a game that still plays great on PC since you get the high framerate there.

Which is what I was expecting so I'm fine with it, it's just in this slightly weird place where it clearly took a ton of effort, so why not reboot it entirely

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yeah they added some metroidvania-esque locked doors and and a few new segments between levels but it's definitely more like, a shot for shot remake of a game that still plays great on PC since you get the high framerate there.

Which is what I was expecting so I'm fine with it, it's just in this slightly weird place where it clearly took a ton of effort, so why not reboot it entirely

If you change anything, you run the chance of making the game bad or less fun. Look at Shadow of the Colossus: A drat near perfect game that got a remaster on PS3 and then a full remake on PS4. There's much less risk in a remake than there is in anything original. EA just wanted to make some money.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That game truly needed a remake tbh

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I'm glad it got one. It's a loving blast. Hope they go on to remake the others but I guess they are doing an Iron Man game next.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Dead space isn’t on gamepass? What the gently caress Phil, am I going to have to *buy* a game?

barnold posted:

there are so many bad goldeneye guides on the internet lol.

I just watch the YouTube ones with most views and then you can see if they are bullshitting

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I suspect Dead Space will be on EA Play in a month or two, so Gamepass soon maybe?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I swear I saw it listed earlier

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

BonoMan posted:

I swear I saw it listed earlier

There’s ads in the Gamepass interface to buy the game at discount.

hatty posted:

I suspect Dead Space will be on EA Play in a month or two, so Gamepass soon maybe?

12 months from launch, you’ll see it on EA Play.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Lol the CEO of Xbox apologized for the lack of games.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They'll just put 343 on making Hi-Fi Rush sequels

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

nom epique posted:

Lol the CEO of Xbox apologized for the lack of games.
As they should

I'm not sure what all of their studios are doing, and I guess Starfield finally comes out this year so that is one of the bigger ones, but a lot of the big titles that have been in development for awhile are still MIA.

I mean I didn't play Senua's Sacrifice, but I'm surprised that game is still not done. They announced it like 4-5 years ago.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I mean I didn't play Senua's Sacrifice

Be a whole lot cooler if you did.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Whoa. That 'Starfield' game looks incredible.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

e: woops wrong thread

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ninja theory has still never made a game i like. I almost liked a couple of them nearly tho

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

What are some good 120fps/vrr games? Don't say Resident Evil 2, that's a given

edit: and/or, so Elden Ring as well

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 30, 2023

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Dmc5 maybe idk if it has vrr but it has vrrroooom vrrooom

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Doom Eternal does 120 fps at 1800p w/vrr

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Whoa. That 'Starfield' game looks incredible.

It's not a real game, it's just a prank that got out of hand.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jim Davis presents: Starfield

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN....STARFIELD...AND FRIENDS!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I played vampire survivors again today and now I see why you guys like it so much. I only played one run before and couldn't figure out why you'd want to play a game with no buttons

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol I think everyone had that same feeling. 'wtf. this is a phone game, who the gently caress cares' and then you play 3 more rounds just so you can say you gave it an honest try. then 12 hours later you're like oh, yeah. that's why.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Larry Parrish posted:

Lol I think everyone had that same feeling. 'wtf. this is a phone game, who the gently caress cares' and then you play 3 more rounds just so you can say you gave it an honest try. then 12 hours later you're like oh, yeah. that's why.

This is 100% specifically accurately what happened to me.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Gotta say I'm really enjoying Goldeneye 007, though it might be mostly nostalgia.

Binding strafe to D-pad was a really good pro tip. It definitely helps out with the speed runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The sound effects in Vampire Survivors are so addictive when you get an avalanche of the death noises it just hits the dopamine so good.