Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

update, i went 0-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Bad luck ttjo - but I suppose on the plus-side, you were right at least! :D

As for me, after finishing Batman: Arkham Origins I started on Gotham Knights. Possibly a bad idea due to potential burnout, but I dunno, I'm liking the slightly different gameplay style enough. (Sucks that Red Hood uses wussy stun guns in this game rather than lethal pistols, though) Performance has been terrible however, which is real annoying. Riding the motorbike basically means that once per block the game locks up for a few seconds in order to load the next block...kinda lame. I've been grappling around the place instead, which avoids the performance issues, at least. It's slower of course, but it's also cool, traveling off the beaten track. I've been coming across more stuff and crimes-in-progress than otherwise, so I've been getting a lot of practice in with the combat system.

I didn't play any Infra this weekend, which was a real oversight. I've gotta start making some more headway on that again, since exploring decrepit infrastructure and run-down public facilities is pretty cool

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i had fun, id only played the game for like 2 hours total and a bunch of that was training mode learning bnb combos so i could just get knowledge checked by everyone. my last game went down to the wire though so that was nice :)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Bad luck ttjo - but I suppose on the plus-side, you were right at least! :D

As for me, after finishing Batman: Arkham Origins I started on Gotham Knights. Possibly a bad idea due to potential burnout, but I dunno, I'm liking the slightly different gameplay style enough. (Sucks that Red Hood uses wussy stun guns in this game rather than lethal pistols, though) Performance has been terrible however, which is real annoying. Riding the motorbike basically means that once per block the game locks up for a few seconds in order to load the next block...kinda lame. I've been grappling around the place instead, which avoids the performance issues, at least. It's slower of course, but it's also cool, traveling off the beaten track. I've been coming across more stuff and crimes-in-progress than otherwise, so I've been getting a lot of practice in with the combat system.

I didn't play any Infra this weekend, which was a real oversight. I've gotta start making some more headway on that again, since exploring decrepit infrastructure and run-down public facilities is pretty cool

I really need to pick up infra again but its been so long and i started getting to the audiologs about the convoluted politics involved and i forgot almost everything about that. Cool game tho

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Morning coffee and forbidden west

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

I wanna get this game on switch next time it goes on sale.

do they ever go on sale?

I played fire emblem way too last last night so I am insanely tired.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Stray

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

More P3P, everyone’s talking about how this Shadow I’m about to fight is the last one and everything will be over once we destroy it but the social link that unlocks automatically via main story progress is only at 6/10 so I assume that’s a fake out.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
fire emblem engage still. gameplay is so good. Working through the paralogues which are mostly the better maps from old FE games

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

did all of saejima's substories so it's time to see the end of his chapter. Loved the snow city except the encounter rate seemed like double what it usually is in Yakuza, maybe bc the place is so small.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
yeah I think the fact it's mostly tight paths and a grid makes it a lot harder to avoid random fights

enjoy :cheersdoge: curious what you'll think of the next part

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

roll canceled blanka balls are my favorite dessert treat

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

did all of saejima's substories so it's time to see the end of his chapter. Loved the snow city except the encounter rate seemed like double what it usually is in Yakuza, maybe bc the place is so small.
Saejima's city is pretty bad. It's really cool that everyone has their own city but they clearly struggled to flesh all of them out. I mean, no wonder, but given you spend most of your time on the mountain anyway I think they could have just used one of the existing cities for him lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Saejima's city is pretty bad. It's really cool that everyone has their own city but they clearly struggled to flesh all of them out. I mean, no wonder, but given you spend most of your time on the mountain anyway I think they could have just used one of the existing cities for him lol

i didnt love the navigation but i actually really loved the setting - the big center street outdoor market & snow festival areas were fun to hang out in. also ramen alley looks like heaven. but there is a big bummer in that its hard to get drunk, i couldnt find a place to just order drinks.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

i didnt love the navigation but i actually really loved the setting - the big center street outdoor market & snow festival areas were fun to hang out in. also ramen alley looks like heaven. but there is a big bummer in that its hard to get drunk, i couldnt find a place to just order drinks.

Same, I loved the vibes of Sapporo even if the layout is boring

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah nd it led to some sick substories/heat actions. i wish there was more to do but its a cool distinctive town

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Essence of Snowman

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
people always rank sapporo as worst yakuza city but I think I prefer it to nagoya

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

yeah nd it led to some sick substories/heat actions. i wish there was more to do but its a cool distinctive town

the santa gang lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Finally took down Gehrman at BL4 this morning and almost got moon presence first go. Gotta go out and do some stuff and itching to finally finish this thing

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Going to try and play more Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot. I bought it on deep discount during steam sale back in October but I dunno... it's kind of boring. Don't know what I expected from the brilliant minds behind the Naruto games.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

my morning jackass posted:

do they ever go on sale?

They definitely do, I got Ryza 1 on sale on the eShop for $30 I think

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Kongming posted:

Going to try and play more Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot. I bought it on deep discount during steam sale back in October but I dunno... it's kind of boring. Don't know what I expected from the brilliant minds behind the Naruto games.

The Ninja Storm games?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Roth posted:

The Ninja Storm games?

Something like that. I haven't actually played them. But the Dragon Ball game is "open world" (not really) with sidequests and random encounters and poo poo but it's Xenoverse combat which I wasn't a fan of to begin with. But I love Dragon Ball so I'll give it another shot.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Kongming posted:

Something like that. I haven't actually played them. But the Dragon Ball game is "open world" (not really) with sidequests and random encounters and poo poo but it's Xenoverse combat which I wasn't a fan of to begin with. But I love Dragon Ball so I'll give it another shot.

They're fun to throw on for casual games with friends that aren't well versed on fighting games, but I kinda figured it wouldn't translate the best to a 30 hour action rpg.

I still want to try it though because I also love Dragon Ball.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's fun enough but yeah it's very basic. My fiancee is a big Ballhead so I played her copy and got bored during the Buu saga but i would definitely say it's worth playing if you're a fan. They get a lot of the basic "feel" right, like it feels genuinely impressive and impactful to go Super Saiyan without them being hamstrung by balancing etc like Xenoverse is

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Also I couldn't help myself last night and started up P5 Strikers for a replay. I think I like it more than the main game.

Also Cultic really does own. Blood is the obvious influence, but there's also a good amount of RE4 in there too. You can shoot hatchets thrown at you out of mid air. Game really is a stand out among the recent throwback shooters.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
the new hitman mode rules

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My fiancee is a big Ballhead

who here isn't?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

started up P2 eternal punishment last night. i wrapped up bof3 + 4 and chrono cross so far this winter so we'll keep the rpg train rolling

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Anyway tonight I will be playing Dynasty Warriors 8 Extreme because I haven't played a Musou since Hyrule Legends

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

more dds, ajna time

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Been playing forza horizon 5 on game pass. They did it folks they put Ubisoft collectathon AIDS into a car game and it loving owns.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
more sts

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
gonna work on my watcher since i have her at asc2 and havent killed the heart yet

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Sudden Javelin posted:

people always rank sapporo as worst yakuza city but I think I prefer it to nagoya

it's weird that half of nagoya is empty, and the plot never takes you there, unless you want to do half a dozen substories

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
anyways, maybe playing all 50 (or more) NES/famicom baseball games and coming up with the definitive tier list of them. or maybe yakuza 6. we'll see.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

it's weird that half of nagoya is empty, and the plot never takes you there, unless you want to do half a dozen substories

That’s Nagoya irl.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

More P3P, everyone’s talking about how this Shadow I’m about to fight is the last one and everything will be over once we destroy it but the social link that unlocks automatically via main story progress is only at 6/10 so I assume that’s a fake out.

Doing my best to believe the hero died when the film has 30 mins of runtime left ftw

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

hotline miami. going for all masks, all puzzle letters / 'true' ending, all A+ ratings on all chapters. the A+s are really difficult in the later chapters