Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hatty posted:

I never played much of Dead Space 2 even though I loved the original. I didn’t play it at release so I bought the PC version years later but all the DLC was baked in, I couldn’t figure out how to turn it all off and having all that extra gear at the start kinda soured me so I never went back to it. The console version should be free of all that right? Maybe I’ll play that instead of spending $70 on a remake

the gear is definitely a pain to deal with, but you can sort out what you actually have to acquire just by checking its price in the shop: if it costs $0, it's DLC. the clutter's annoying, but you can definitely work around it

i'd probably play it on PC just for the FPS adjustments and mouse aim, but i imagine both are equally good; it's a loving rock solid game even to this day, and it's hard to imagine how even the DSR team could improve much on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like how the Mass Effect Legendary Edition actually took the effort to naturally integrate the DLC at points that made sense for it to be there.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

ds2 was the best one, if they removed ADP it would've been perfect
ds3 and elden ring have too much stamina / too many rolls

ds2's adaptability tax is way better than elden ring's vigor tax

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They’re not really comparable

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dabir posted:

Yeah I can't think of any other souls game where the basic enemies can take new players by surprise with a giant multi hit combo that knocks off a ton of health

Just wanted to point out that this post was obvious sarcasm and nobody who quoted it got that lol

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Rinkles posted:

Is there an in-world explanation for how straightjacket Isaac opens doors? (I guess it's unclear how he opens them every other time too).

His RIG (the thing on his back) tells the doors to open when he gets close enough. Confirmation button is videogame abstraction maybe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

ds2's adaptability tax is way better than elden ring's vigor tax

Just dont get hit

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
DS2 backstep iframes into running attacks owned

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
talking about dark souls 2 and dead space 2 simultaneously is going to send this thread into chaos

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The DS2 was the best controller sony ever made, change my mind

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Boomerang

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

DS2 backstep iframes into running attacks owned

true true

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-05evHurnfM

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Jay Rust posted:

Idk whether to post about the rpgs I’ve been playing in this thread or the rpg thread…

Your RPG opinions would improve this thread as I like reading them and I don’t read the RPG thread.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Halo Finite

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV-QxeJ9oHo

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

oh jeez lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i dont understand why they would make another halo, doesnt the first one still work? i played some of the ones after it and theyre all just goldeneye over and over

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

i dont understand why they would make another halo, doesnt the first one still work? i played some of the ones after it and theyre all just goldeneye over and over

:catstare:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

a console first person shooter? That will be the day

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Khanstant posted:

Can't end until we see John Master Chief marry Cortana in tuxedo-camo power armor

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wouldn’t it be cool if they made a remake of madden 2012?

rox
Sep 7, 2016

madden 25 (2024) fast approaches

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

NFL Blitz 2024 please

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

haha what posted:

madden 25 (2024) fast approaches

How much you wanna bet they wuss out and call it Madden 2025

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Madden 25 already came out in 2013

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

talking about dark souls 2 and dead space 2 simultaneously is going to send this thread into chaos

by royal decree, the dead space games shall henceforth be known in this thread as "DeSpa"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Vermain posted:

by royal decree, the dead space games shall henceforth be known in this thread as "DeSpa"

Alexa,

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Feldegast42 posted:

a console first person shooter? That will be the day

meh, it'll never work
even if you ship with a peripheral mouse, where are people gonna find a flat surface on their couch to use it?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/alien-resurrection-review/1900-2637344/ posted:

The game's control setup is its most terrifying element. The left analog stick moves you forward, back, and strafes right and left, while the right analog stick turns you and can be used to look up and down. Too often, you'll turn to face a foe and find that your weapon is aimed at the floor or ceiling while the alien gleefully hacks away at your midsection. Add to the mix a few other head scratchers - such as how the triangle button controls item and health use - and you'll be wondering how Sony let this get by without requesting a few different control configuration options.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Playing through Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. A cliff gave way during a fight and I fell into a cavernous spring area. I look over and this lil' viper tobi-kadachi is just looking at me

Hey buddy, how's it going?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Mario movie teaser (mostly notable for being the first time we hear Donkey Kong speak):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-Aq7ilIgN2I

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

It's been deleted! What was it?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

TheWorldsaStage posted:

It's been deleted! What was it?

A picture from a survey with the question "Are you done with playing Halo Infinite?"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Question 1: Are you done with playing Halo Infinite
[ ] very no [ ] no [ ] neutral [ ] yes [ ] very yes
Question 2: Did mom say its your sister's turn with the Xbox?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do you like me?
[ ] yes [ ] no
- Master C.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ymgve posted:

A picture from a survey with the question "Are you done with playing Halo Infinite?"

If that’s a question that can even be asked, then they definitely over promised with Halo Infinite.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I believe it was specifically an Insider survey, since the Twitter was a Halo Youtuber.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

*uchikoshi voice*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

45 hours after re-starting my nioh 2 playthrough and i have at last achieved one half of my final goal of unlocking both onmyo magic mystic arts

now i just need to crank like 120 more levels into magic so i can unlock the other one (i have to first unlock the 99 stat cap though and i forget when that happens!)

i am getting closer to the end of ng and then it's all uphill grinding from there baybee