Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Sometimes I like to imagine the look on readers' faces after they open the funny pages and read a Sinfest comic that the newspaper just plucked from random from the last few weeks and decided to print

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VitalSigns posted:

Is it supposed to be good? The frogs are just sitting around in a haze telling each other they've already won instead of going out and overthrowing the government or whatever

Genuinely asking I cannot tell whether the drug den is supposed to be good or not

It will be both good and bad (but not as bad as treating trans people like actual human beings or any woman as having any actual agency in her life, which is the absolute worst) depending on whatever point he feels like ramming through.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

We're all talking about the frogs, but what I want to know is whether this forest Pan god is supposed to be a good guy or bad guy. Could really go either way:

Kills feds: good
Non-"woke": good
Non-Christian: bad
Probably into all-natural woo-woo cures: good
Fucks women: good
But not monogamously: bad
Fucks men too: bad
Unvaccinated: good
Greeks had some weird ideas about gender Tats would hate: bad
But Ishida could ignore that and make him a nature spirit mouthpiece for TERFy ideas about biological sex: good
No pants: bad

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

HootTheOwl posted:

So is the hopium real or what because he's got the frog just eating the feds nbd

Internet nazis are extremely powerful and immune to brainwashing, and could easily save America from the (((feds))) if they cared to try, but they'd rather sit on their asses and wait for someone else to put in the work. They're not the ones in danger, but they're leaving their allies, the TERFs, hanging.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Rishi Sunak and his demons – Inquiries into Partygate, Nadhim Zahawi, Dominic Raab and the BBC chairman… how does the prime minister sleep at night?"

Sunday Telegraph:

Tax-free pensions limit could increase in back to work drive

Matt:

Sunday Times:

After Low.

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

HootTheOwl posted:

So is the hopium real or what because he's got the frog just eating the feds nbd

The hopium frogs serve an important role in the red-pilled ecosystem because they are uniquely able to neutralize the fed bugs. When the feds come snooping or other public scrutiny falls on their online forums, the red-pillers want to appear as a bunch of harmless complacent memelords.

My prediction is that the zombie handmaid is not going to be sated for long by the hopium hit and will get invited into the back room where they're planning an uprising against the pimp hats or whatever.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Microplastics posted:

Does Tatsuya ever actually ... has clear thoughts on what he thinks?
I'm going to guess 'no' in general.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

To answer that question, the only post on his site other than his comics is an update from 2019 or whenever that sinfest.xyz is now mobile friendly.

At least Piro updates the Megatokyo rants once a year or so.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

So as I understand it, Hunter doesn't want his daughter to have his last name because he doesn't want her to have a life where she's constantly harassed and judged purely because of her last name. It's not like he thinks he's tricking the courts into believing she's not his daughter in case there's child support payments or whatever, and it's not like he's trying to hide the fact that he has a daughter.

Hunter Biden is a piece of poo poo but he shouldn't be raising a child, and honestly her having a life where people don't immediately make assumptions about her or stalk her based on her name seems like a genuine stopped clock good decision.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I think it's funny that in Sinfestland, every right-winger from hopium-dosing frogs to good ol' boys with shotguns can instantly recognize a fed (and take them down, with no repercussion apparently), while in reality right wing groups are being constantly infiltrated. I guess Ishida saw their current paranoia, where they call everything that reflects badly on them a false flag, and just took that completely at face value, like he does all his propaganda.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

wizzardstaff posted:

My prediction is that the zombie handmaid is not going to be sated for long by the hopium hit and will get invited into the back room where they're planning an uprising against the pimp hats or whatever.

She's going to continue roaming around collecting random visual metaphors until she becomes a Katamari Damacy abomination of Ishida's madness.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Neito posted:

To answer that question, the only post on his site other than his comics is an update from 2019 or whenever that sinfest.xyz is now mobile friendly.

At least Piro updates the Megatokyo rants once a year or so.

like someone walking over my grave finding out megatokyo still exists in the year of our lord 2023

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Grape posted:

She's going to continue roaming around collecting random visual metaphors until she becomes a Katamari Damacy abomination of Ishida's madness.

I believe in the context of politoons a visual metaphor Katamari star-ball is called a Branco

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Microplastics posted:

Does Tatsuya ever actually write anything, like a little blurb to go with the cartoons, or a blog somewhere or even just posts on a forum? Where he actually has clear thoughts on what he thinks?

No.

Because what he wants is for it to be open season on trans people and whoever else is on his woke enemy list, but he still has enough sense to know that calling for open violence like that is a Bad Look, so he couches it in as many dogwhistles and obfuscating bullshit as he can so that he can do the whole "I never said that. Only the Feds say that stuff out loud." bit.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Neito posted:

What's funny is how mobile unfriendly the site is now that the Patreon money dried up.

See if you can spot the comic!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Cowcaster posted:

like someone walking over my grave finding out megatokyo still exists in the year of our lord 2023

I mean, it updated 5 or 6 times in 2022, so I wouldn't say it's ACTIVE. But I follow Piro on a few social media platforms and he's a good dude, despite what you may think of MT. Progressive politics, well-intentioned and involved stepfather, bus driver for his local school district, dude's basically the anti-Tatsuya.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

wizzardstaff posted:

What's funny is how mobile unfriendly the site is now that the Patreon money dried up.

oh poo poo did Fandom buy sinfest too?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Microplastics posted:

Sometimes I like to imagine the look on readers' faces after they open the funny pages and read a Sinfest comic that the newspaper just plucked from random from the last few weeks and decided to print
No papers print his garbage lol. He really really really wanted to be syndicated; it’s why he updates daily with an extra larger color comic on Sundays, but even for the remaining boomers that read the comics page his terminally online poo poo would never run.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

wizzardstaff posted:

probably an improvement on actually being able to see the thing tbh

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

VitalSigns posted:

Is it supposed to be good? The frogs are just sitting around in a haze telling each other they've already won instead of going out and overthrowing the government or whatever

Genuinely asking I cannot tell whether the drug den is supposed to be good or not

I think it's supposed to be bad within the context of the comic because the hopium is keeping the frogs from going out and murdering trans people and doctors.

Like, I personally consider anything that prevents trans people and doctors from getting murdered good, but this is Sinfest so western medicine and anything gender nonconforming is evil and needs to be destroyed.

VitalSigns posted:

We're all talking about the frogs, but what I want to know is whether this forest Pan god is supposed to be a good guy or bad guy. Could really go either way:

Kills feds: good
Non-"woke": good
Non-Christian: bad
Probably into all-natural woo-woo cures: good
Fucks women: good
But not monogamously: bad
Fucks men too: bad
Unvaccinated: good
Greeks had some weird ideas about gender Tats would hate: bad
But Ishida could ignore that and make him a nature spirit mouthpiece for TERFy ideas about biological sex: good
No pants: bad

Are you talking about the antler lady? Within the context of Sinfest she's good and has traditionally been used as a mouthpiece for TERF beliefs like every other good non-woke female character in Sinfest.

wizzardstaff posted:

Honestly, not being able to see the comic makes Sinfest feel more friendly than ever.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Neito posted:

I mean, it updated 5 or 6 times in 2022, so I wouldn't say it's ACTIVE. But I follow Piro on a few social media platforms and he's a good dude, despite what you may think of MT. Progressive politics, well-intentioned and involved stepfather, bus driver for his local school district, dude's basically the anti-Tatsuya.

My assumption is that since I last read MT well over a decade ago that the comic story has progressed roughly two weeks of time.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Pants Donkey posted:

No papers print his garbage lol. He really really really wanted to be syndicated; it’s why he updates daily with an extra larger color comic on Sundays, but even for the remaining boomers that read the comics page his terminally online poo poo would never run.

Oh I know it would never appear in a newspaper, but I like to imagine a newspaper just going for it anyway

And the reaction normal people might have, given how utterly unhinged it is

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Downes:

2023 school year is starting up again roughly now (it varies state to state).

Rowe:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers, defining himself through attempting to reform Australian capitalism in an essay to The Monthly. Capitalism after the crises (The Monthy, Chalmers).

Spooner:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Are you talking about the antler lady? Within the context of Sinfest she's good and has traditionally been used as a mouthpiece for TERF beliefs like every other good non-woke female character in Sinfest.
Yeah I was, didn't realize she's a recurring character

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Stahler

Ann Telnaes

Randall Enos

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hey everyone did you hear that eggs cost a million bajillion dollars???

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Dirk the Average posted:

My assumption is that since I last read MT well over a decade ago that the comic story has progressed roughly two weeks of time.

There was a timeskip, but you're within the ballpark.

Like OotS, it flows better when you read it all at once rather than daily. I think if he just stuck to shoving a volume out every few years rather than keeping up the farce of this being a webcomic, people would stop being as mad about the update frequency.

EDIT: That said it's as anime bullshit as it's always been, and there's like a race of foxgirls who are semi-main characters now, and also Piro and Kimiko did it in a love hotel.

EDIT THE SECOND: Checking my omnibuses, Volumes 1 to 6 cover the period you read. There is not, yet, a Volume 7.

Neito fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 30, 2023

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you probably could’ve ended that post one edit earlier

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 30, 2023

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

you probably could’ve ended that post one edit earlier

I didn't get where I am in life by doing things like "Ending posts earlier".

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Stantis you can't just publish a puzzle where half of the pieces are loving just white gradients, it's a really boring visual.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I fully believe neither Tinsley nor Fishman think a single thing is wrong with them.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

So you're going to protest and condemn Trump, right?

...Right?!

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Elephant desperate for freedom, Carmen stands two feet away looking vaguely sad and, as usual, doing absolutely nothing to affect the situation in any way whatsoever.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hey, a clever visual metaphor in that last Bennet, including nicely fit labels, props.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Ken Burns Is Here

Ted Rall posted:

Like the fisherman’s wife in the fairy tale, Ukraine keeps asking for more. More money, more weapons, more missiles, now more tanks. Reports say that they are now asking for U.S. fighter jets. Anyone familiar with the history of escalation that led to disaster in the Vietnam war, not to mention Afghanistan and Iraq, knows how this game ends.

First Dog on the Moon: I'm free! The exciting adventures of the adorable tiny radioactive capsule

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Mordaedil posted:

Stantis you can't just publish a puzzle where half of the pieces are loving just white gradients, it's a really boring visual.
Can I interest you in a puzzle?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Ken Burns Is Here

What the hell are all those generals looking at? A circular map? A badly-drawn globe? And those borders are incredibly hosed up too.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

And those borders are incredibly hosed up too.

Well, that *kinda* is why the war is happening...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Michael Ramirez

Tom Stiglich

Fister Roboto posted:

Hey everyone did you hear that eggs cost a million bajillion dollars???