Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Larryb posted:

New Mario movie teaser (mostly notable for being the first time we hear Donkey Kong speak):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-Aq7ilIgN2I

it's just seth rogan talking normal. Seems like a lot of this movie's joke attempts hinge on you thinking it's really funny when mario is getting hurt or making a getting hurt face. So far most I've seen could just be smash bros cutscenes out of context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
In more important Mario news I just made it to Bowser's Kingdom in Odyssey and holy poo poo the little bird guys with poking beaks are amazing. Is this what Sekiro is like?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I need two more people to play l4d2 with. I didn't see any other thread that might be appropriate for this.

Looking to do expert mode clears.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

External Organs posted:

In more important Mario news I just made it to Bowser's Kingdom in Odyssey and holy poo poo the little bird guys with poking beaks are amazing. Is this what Sekiro is like?

There’s no cool lava, but yeah pretty close. Idk why Bowser tricked out his castle with a feudal Japan aesthetic but it makes for one hell of a set piece.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Dabir posted:

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/alien-resurrection-review/1900-2637344/ posted:

The game's control setup is its most terrifying element. The left analog stick moves you forward, back, and strafes right and left, while the right analog stick turns you and can be used to look up and down. Too often, you'll turn to face a foe and find that your weapon is aimed at the floor or ceiling while the alien gleefully hacks away at your midsection. Add to the mix a few other head scratchers - such as how the triangle button controls item and health use - and you'll be wondering how Sony let this get by without requesting a few different control configuration options.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Ugh, a normal console fps would map strafing to L1 and R1, shoot to X and to aim you'd hold down R2 while standing still.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

By the time the Alien Resurrection game was out, Quake III Arena had already been out for like a year. A:R looked and felt like a game from the pre-Quake and Duke Nukem 3D days of FPS titles.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Alien resurrection looked pretty good for a PS1 game. Sure you're not thinking of alien trilogy, a much earlier title?

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

haha what posted:

madden 25 (2024) fast approaches

I don't play sports games so when I heard of Madden NFL 25, I just assumed it was a speculative future deal like Battlefield 2142

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do you guys think the Mario odyssey rabbit bosses will ever show up again?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bone emulator posted:

Alien resurrection looked pretty good for a PS1 game. Sure you're not thinking of alien trilogy, a much earlier title?

It looks okay, it has good atmosphere, but a very obvious and bad looking pop-in, its level design is really simple too. PlayStation 1 also had a pretty good port of Quake II that is arguably way better than this too.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jan 30, 2023

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Jay Rust posted:

Do you guys think the Mario odyssey rabbit bosses will ever show up again?

probably not in any major capacity. Mario is really weird about using major elements from previous games like that. In some ways it's a positive cause it means they'll keep it trying to innovate and create new mechanics but i do wonder why they're so adamantly against bringing back anything, even stuff that people really loved like FLUDD

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

They were meant to be wedding planners, so I don't see much reason to put them in another game. They felt pretty tailored to Odyssey, hopefully they keep coming up with new sub-bosses for 3D Mario games instead of just using the loving Koopalings constantly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

njsykora posted:

They were meant to be wedding planners, so I don't see much reason to put them in another game. They felt pretty tailored to Odyssey, hopefully they keep coming up with new sub-bosses for 3D Mario games instead of just using the loving Koopalings constantly.

I kind of want the Koopalings to be in the next 3D Mario, they have not been featured as 3D bosses yet.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

I kind of want the Koopalings to be in the next 3D Mario, they have not been featured as 3D bosses yet.

They were in the one of the DS? 3DS? Games

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I don't think the koopalings would be so lame if they weren't just carbon copies of each other with minor differences. Then again, being 8 minibosses with like 2 attack patterns between them is probably why they keep getting reused

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Barudak posted:

They were in the one of the DS? 3DS? Games

Which were NSMB style not proper 3D games.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

arsenicCatnip posted:

I don't think the koopalings would be so lame if they weren't just carbon copies of each other with minor differences. Then again, being 8 minibosses with like 2 attack patterns between them is probably why they keep getting reused

How they work in Mario Maker works pretty well.

Larry: Basic one that jumps around: If given Wings his jumps are much larger.
Iggy: Basic one that runs around and shoots faster than Larry. If given Wings he quickly short hops around.
Wendy: Jumps and shoots rings that bounce around the area. If given Wings she jumps higher and shoots.
Lemmy: Rides on Ball while shooting bouncing balls that knock Mario around. If given Wings he bounces his Ball around
Morton: Ground pounds to stun Mario sending out Fireballs at the same time. If given Wings he hovers and can fake out his Ground pounds
Roy: Burrows around before emerging to ground pound and or shoot fireballs. If given Wings he hovers when he emerges, and will fake out by not always coming out of his burrow.
Ludwig: Shoots multiple fireballs at once and flutter jumps around. If given Wings he flies and shoots fireballs from the air.

Then it's a matter of setting the area to make the fight work.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They should make a game where you play as Roy and just go around being cool

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

Then it's a matter of setting the area to make the fight work.

from what I've seen no Mario maker player has accomplished this. But yeah, that would be perfectly cromulent in an actual mario game

Escobarbarian posted:

feel like a Roy koopa game would play like that one pac man game where you don't control him, he just walks around being a dick and you have to vaguely guide him

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Which were NSMB style not proper 3D games.

Super Mario 3D Land isn't 3D???

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Not sure if the game will end up any good, but I love this concept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtTSAj6bYbM

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's been out on PC for a while. Iirc the consensus was "it's good"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Methanar posted:

I need two more people to play l4d2 with. I didn't see any other thread that might be appropriate for this.

Looking to do expert mode clears.

isnt there a thread for finding game friends above thhis thread?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Escobarbarian posted:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

External Organs posted:

Pokio's are the best new enemy Mario has had and I'm gonna be mad if they don't show up again

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

External Organs posted:

I want a witch game like the book Little Witch Hazel. So like, whatever the genre that A Short Hike is.

Old post but catching up and saw no one replied to this, I saw this on gamepass a while back. Haven't played it though.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1594940/Little_Witch_in_the_Woods/

Got good reviews though.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

A Sometimes Food posted:

Old post but catching up and saw no one replied to this, I saw this on gamepass a while back. Haven't played it though.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1594940/Little_Witch_in_the_Woods/

Got good reviews though.

I remembering seeing this but I forgot about it! I'm gonna pop this on this wishlist and maybe play it with my toddler when it comes of EA. My kid turns 3 in April so it's not like she'll age out of it anytime soon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Returnal for PC is the thing I am most excited for next month.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

loving lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtMvqPigy6E

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I am sad to report that my motivation to continue Tri▲ngle str▲ts has diminished, I can't quite explain why exactly, but I haven't touched it in like a week and don't feel like picking it up atm

I had gotten what the pros call a "non-standard game over", because I didn't hit the proper flags in the right order during the previous exploration segment.

The plot had taken a kinda weird turn:
While recuperating in a Romani village we just defended, one local says something like "My momma always told me, 'The goddess has blessed us. And that blessing is the key to our salvation'."
Then another guy is like, "Hold up... did you just say, 'that blessing is the key to our salvation?"
And the first guy says "Yep"
And the second guy says, "So that means, there must be a 'key' hidden somewhere in this village, that will lead to our salvation!"
Paraphrasing but it was pretty much that, just real awkward imo.

Maybe it's true, that there is "too much text" in the game, but also the previous fight took me nearly ten tries to get right (embarassing and demoralizing).

Anyway I'm going to try citizen sleeper next

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Citizen Sleeper is good, I think you’ll like it

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1620122324304543745?t=un2w0OT0rLRyBHYywLAmgw&s=19

Whoa, the Rhapsody sequels are getting localized.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I am sad to report that my motivation to continue Tri▲ngle str▲ts has diminished, I can't quite explain why exactly, but I haven't touched it in like a week and don't feel like picking it up atm

I had gotten what the pros call a "non-standard game over", because I didn't hit the proper flags in the right order during the previous exploration segment.

The plot had taken a kinda weird turn:
While recuperating in a Romani village we just defended, one local says something like "My momma always told me, 'The goddess has blessed us. And that blessing is the key to our salvation'."
Then another guy is like, "Hold up... did you just say, 'that blessing is the key to our salvation?"
And the first guy says "Yep"
And the second guy says, "So that means, there must be a 'key' hidden somewhere in this village, that will lead to our salvation!"
Paraphrasing but it was pretty much that, just real awkward imo.

Maybe it's true, that there is "too much text" in the game, but also the previous fight took me nearly ten tries to get right (embarassing and demoralizing).

noob

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Jay Rust posted:

What’s your go to team? Maybe change up your strategy or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

the Switch still the king of incredibly weeb gaming I see