Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Escobarbarian posted:

I completed NORCO! Very cool game with amazing visuals and ideas and lots of very good writing and also lots of “too much” writing, like all the flowery optional stuff of KRZ but they made it mandatory, also a few annoying bugs including one near the end where every time I visited a character I wouldn’t be able to leave and I had to start from the beginning of an annoying boat section. Generally wish it could have been longer but what is there is pretty excellent if not a patch on KRZ

Nice, yeah I loved it, it’s got a really unique vibe and art style, and I typically don’t like when games try to emulate a ‘retro’ or pixelated look, but it actually works really well in this, especially the faces which all have an unsettling vibe to them. The music is also great and I don’t like ‘chiptunes’ at all, but the soundtrack also sounds like it was done on something like a SNES sound chip, or maybe a little better than that,. The last part of the game, after the boat section, was all just very funny and weird, and unexpected in a good way. Maybe I’m not remembering krz as well, but it didn’t feel like norco had that much more writing in it, or it’s not like anywhere close to something like disco elysium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLhF3-TR3ow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADafgffeqyY

I also had some bad bugs, throughout the game, if I had been playing for too long, eventually the buttons would just stop doing anything, except for like start and the analog sticks, so I had to reset. Luckily it seemed to save pretty often, but I had to restart the last boat section from the beginning as well, but like 4 times, one time my screen literally flipped upside down which I’ve never seen a game do before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

First time a game made me cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55ybyl-u4_4

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

imhotep posted:

Maybe I’m not remembering krz as well, but it didn’t feel like norco had that much more writing in it, or it’s not like anywhere close to something like disco elysium.

I mean “too much” in like a tonal way, not literally the quantity haha. Agreed on the pixel art, I usually don’t dig it much but it looked fantastic here especially the faces, and yes great music.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Escobarbarian posted:

Factions is great

more like Fractions, which is how much of a second I spent thinking about multiplayer mode to a story based game. What an early 2010-rear end thing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Total self own

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I'm sure there are people who loved the multiplayer for Spec Ops or The Darkness too though

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

goblin week posted:

more like Fractions, which is how much of a second I spent thinking about multiplayer mode to a story based game. What an early 2010-rear end thing.

You’re in a thread where a lot of the regulars play it together every week btw

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

goblin week posted:

Oof

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

goblin week posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6oujRuwqx8

(despite the title it also touches on Factions 2)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

goblin week posted:

I'm sure there are people who loved the multiplayer for Spec Ops or The Darkness too though

Can you still instantly get into a lobby for those games a decade after they came out like you can with TLOU?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

No docks officially support the Dualsense Edge mostly because of the slight differences in size. Namely, the function keys under the joysticks make it impossible to fit in anything that charges via the connectors next to the headphone jack. Some wireless docks have a little connector piece that you use to charge via USB-C port on the top, turning the port into contacts that line up and charge the controller.

Bad explanation, here’s a pic of the adapter itself and what I mean.

This connector is from the single-controller Venom dock. The only dock I’ve seen reported working with the Dualsense Edge is the official Sony one, but that one is specifically for two controllers.

If you remove the back paddles while charging, the Venom one works fine with the Dualsense Edge. Available here on Amazon (normal, non-affiliate link): https://a.co/d/2LNrTg8

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jelly posted:

LOL I've been poo poo-talking Destiny since the first one as the biggest grift in gaming. As much as I hate Bungie, I had no idea it was still this bad. What a loving joke.

it's good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LOL

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Turn on your monitor.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Jelly posted:

LOL I've been poo poo-talking Destiny since the first one as the biggest grift in gaming.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is Star Citizen even making inroads to more investors now, or are they still robbing the same people? If they're advertising, where?

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Yeah star citizen is objectively the biggest scam in gaming, by far. It’s still in like pre alpha basically, although it’s kind of useless to even use words like alpha or beta to describe the state of the game, cause there will never be a finished version.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

imhotep posted:

cause there will never be a finished version.

Hold up, this started as a Destiny joke.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

imhotep posted:

Yeah star citizen is objectively the biggest scam in gaming, by far. It’s still in like pre alpha basically, although it’s kind of useless to even use words like alpha or beta to describe the state of the game, cause there will never be a finished version.

It’s a genius grift tbh

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Compared to NFTs, which have a known deleterious environmental impact, the JPEG grift of Star Citizen seems almost quaint by comparison.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

exquisite tea posted:

Compared to NFTs, which have a known deleterious environmental impact, the JPEG grift of Star Citizen seems almost quaint by comparison.

Please, say more on the JPEG thing. I stopped looking at it years ago.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fix posted:

Please, say more on the JPEG thing. I stopped looking at it years ago.

They keep selling ships that don’t exist as anything more than concept images

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

History Comes Inside! posted:

What? Still? That's still happening? And nobody is just investigating money laundering there?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s the entire business model why would they stop?

It’s pretty boring at the moment though, they haven’t done anything really funny for years it feels like and the star citizen thread here on SA just keeps stalking and reposting dumbass takes from this one Reddit freak as though that’s interesting content.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It’s the entire business model why would they stop?

It’s pretty boring at the moment though, they haven’t done anything really funny for years it feels like and the star citizen thread here on SA just keeps stalking and reposting dumbass takes from this one Reddit freak as though that’s interesting content.

Are they broadening out at all? Are they attracting any fresh meat?

e: sorry, everyone else. I should just lurk that other thread. I'm just amazed it's still going on.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

goblin week posted:

oof

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atrll2yr8Ds

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

goblin week posted:

Dead Space 2 too, if anyone remembers.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fail rear end multiplayer i say as i retreat to my four player casting couch during a pandemic. one day the friends will return! :shepface:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

fail rear end multiplayer i say as i retreat to my four player casting couch during a pandemic. one day the friends will return! :shepface:

Darktide is kinda hosed up tho and answers are not forthcoming.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

this has been appearing during morning news broadcasts on the east coast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLD1QeIB9ag

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

this has been appearing during morning news broadcasts on the east coast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLD1QeIB9ag

Could be a game on ps5??

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXwhpK4y-5Q

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Speaking of games:

"The Ivalice games are being renamed to Stories from Ivalice for a Ivalice Remaster project in the works for this year. The rename was due to Vagrant Story and the next project Matsuno is collaborating with Square Enix on. Vagrant Story is going to be released on its own in November. A and A2 have more story content. Unsure about Vagrant.

Stories From Ivalice: War of the Lions contains:
>Stories from Ivalice: War of the Lions (PSP Version Remake)
>Stories from Ivalice: Reverie (Advance)
>Stories from Ivalice: Reverie 2 (Advance 2)"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Advance was one of my childhood favorites. A2 lacked it's character, but it was still fun. Might be a bit slow for me now, though.

e: oh this seems to be sourced to 4chan

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
There must be exactly one person who got really good at Bioshock 2 MP

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

This ia supposedly a velvet veil image:

https://imgur.io/ot5Krqu

Im not sure about this one tbh

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Rinkles posted:

Advance was one of my childhood favorites. A2 lacked it's character, but it was still fun. Might be a bit slow for me now, though.

e: oh this seems to be sourced to 4chan

Doesnt mean its instantly fake. Remember the switch 1st reveal leak was real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Star Citizen is, always and forever, waiting on their Next Big Thing that will make the architecture of their big stupid intricately hyperfocussed on everything MMO possible so the game can actually work. In the meantime, it's an awful laggy buggy glorified model-viewer determined to waste your time and disappoint you that sometimes holds like fifty people on each server before it dies. They set out to build 100 star systems and I think at the moment, like a decade in, they have like two. And I'm told they're not even complete.

The FPS shooting is bad, the AI is terrible, the ship combat is tedious and impactless, the flight model is on the level of no-clip, and getting anything done is an incredibly laborious task that often ends in failure just because the game hates you and then the server crashes. They have this mad obsession with design and fidelity and realism that results in them kicking themselves in the balls over and over again as they rework worthlessly minor things over and over again while none of the actual gameplay mechanics or systems go anywhere. What does exist doesn't work because the devs spent more time making a tram that sometimes takes you from your lodging to your space parking lot, but also sometimes drops you through an unrendered floor and kills you.

Their Kickstarter ran out of things to promise so they started throwing more on the pile to add higher funding goals, and selling more and more ships for features that will exist in the future at some point. They stopped really trying to fulfill these promises a while ago though, after their quarterly roadmaps kept getting pilloried for delaying new features and systems from one quarter to the next to the next, which must have been embarassing. Luckily for them, whenever morale gets low in the community there is a new sale or a new ship you can buy, for literally hundreds or thousands of real-world dollars, which keeps the fanbase happy and the money rolling in - they actually keep recording record sales totals every year.