Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Also "works for CNN" isn't exactly a stellar defense, given that they've been trying to turn into Fox News Jr. under their current management

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Lid posted:

Anyone saying Cole isnt JR level now is delusional

nothing he says sounds genuine or believable at all, i hate his stupid voice and i never want to hear it again

yes, this is definitely derangement, but i don't care

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

El Generico posted:

nothing he says sounds genuine or believable at all, i hate his stupid voice and i never want to hear it again

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Much like JR’s voice is the one I hear in my head when I think of a wrestling announcer, Cole’s is the one I hear when I think of a bad wrestling announcer.

It’s probably not his fault since he just repeated what was screamed in his ear by a senile old man for 20 years but it is what it is.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

pat mcafee and the lack of vince is an unquestionable good for wwe commentary, imo. i would never write a reddit post about how you gotta hand it to em because i would never write a reddit post.
honestly it's probably partly that the thunderdome era of wwe was so uninteresting that even "eh, it's not as poo poo i suppose" seems like a monumental advancement.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Tom Savini rocks! I just saw his remake of Night of the Living Dead a few weeks ago and it was surprisingly good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

tbh the only interesting answer to the question was if HHH or whatever dork they had speaking(I only watched the pitch black match which was agressively ok) managed to fail to answer charismatically enough. In his own way, KEG is asking to see dicks. I think this is a perfectly valid journalist question.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
His name is Greenberg lol

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

sleepwalkers posted:

pat mcafee and the lack of vince is an unquestionable good for wwe commentary, imo. i would never write a reddit post about how you gotta hand it to em because i would never write a reddit post.
honestly it's probably partly that the thunderdome era of wwe was so uninteresting that even "eh, it's not as poo poo i suppose" seems like a monumental advancement.

Pat McAfee is the absolute dirt worst. He's the most annoying commentator on the planet.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pylons posted:

Pat McAfee is the absolute dirt worst. He's the most annoying commentator on the planet.

A common response to hearing a yinzer accent for the first time

bartok
May 10, 2006

Pylons posted:

I haven't heard him but he can't be worse than Matt Striker

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

bartok posted:

I haven't heard him but he can't be worse than Matt Striker

what if matt striker was a frat bro screaming all the time instead of a huge loving nerd

https://twitter.com/KXNGAO/status/1619565001748123648

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Was wondering why that tweet was posted until that last line lmao

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Last night was the first time I had really listened to McAfee and he's like 80% of a Jerry Lawler with his annoying, inane, and sexist comments.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Alaois posted:

they piped in "gently caress you roman chants" obviously

https://twitter.com/KXNGAO/status/1619566001582133248

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

El Generico posted:

WHAT

OH MY

IT IS

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Alaois posted:

Complaining about three wrestlers signed to NJPW not showing up is pretty dumb too tbh, especially Okada

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Complaining about three wrestlers signed to NJPW not showing up is pretty dumb too tbh, especially Okada

Can't believe Frank Gotch & Antonino Rocca weren't resurrected to appear in the Rumble

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

BUT BUT BUT MICKIE JAMES!!

Forgetting that Mickie James wasn't technically signed to Imapct at the time she appeared.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, the current IWGP Heavyweight Champion who has said that he's not interested in going to WWE was absolutely going to be in the Royal Rumble.

Where do these people get these ideas from?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Hoss Corncave posted:

Yeah, the current IWGP Heavyweight Champion who has said that he's not interested in going to WWE was absolutely going to be in the Royal Rumble.

Where do these people get these ideas from?

if japanese wrestlers are willing to slum it in aew, the BIGGER japanese wrestlers will JUMP at the chance to be in wwe

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
listen nakamura wrestled great muta so obviously sasha banks is coming back

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I think it's fine to complain about not getting good things and only getting bad things but that person should watch another show.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It's a lil weird to complain about not getting things that were never promised to begin with and had a basically 0% chance of happening

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lmao subscribed to twitter blue. embarrassing

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Drakkel posted:

It's a lil weird to complain about not getting things that were never promised to begin with and had a basically 0% chance of happening

WWE on Fox posted something about it

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Drakkel posted:

"Okada was desperate enough to job at an AEW ppv, so of course he'd be chomping at the bit to come to the big leagues"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

until i got to that last line i wasn't reading that tweet as complaining about them not showing up, i read it as them listing off things the twitter rumormill was saying would happen but didn't

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

KungFu Grip posted:

listen nakamura wrestled great muta so obviously sasha banks is coming back

It's bizarre how they wouldn't agree to that match unless he was billed in NOAH as "WWE Superstar Shinsuke Nakamura", as if that was his full name and people had no idea where he went all those years ago.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Bonk posted:

It's bizarre how they wouldn't agree to that match unless he was billed in NOAH as "WWE Superstar Shinsuke Nakamura", as if that was his full name and people had no idea where he went all those years ago.

Equally funny that they were so unwilling to do the same for AEW that they just gave up on ever having Billy Gunn come back for their bi-weekly DX re-unions

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
HHH is bi a lot of things, but weekly isn't one of them.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Wait what did I just say?!

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I'm not sure, but be that as it may we're live.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/snoringelbow/status/1619765720241557506

You heard the experts, your local indie that runs out of a bar in small town Ohio once every couple months with no tv COULD be filling out 50,000 seat stadiums if all they did was pick one guy, devote 1/3 to 1/2 the show to just his entrance, and then have him beat everyone nonstop for like a straight decade.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Drakkel posted:

You heard the experts, your local indie that runs out of a bar in small town Ohio once every couple months with no tv COULD be filling out 50,000 seat stadiums if all they did was pick one guy, devote 1/3 to 1/2 the show to just his entrance, and then have him beat everyone nonstop for like a straight decade.

Over under on him considering AEW "indie?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

Over under on him considering AEW "indie?"

He definitely does not and why are we putting wrestler tweets in here.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

indies would be better if they had stories

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007