Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

BougieBitch posted:

Is there a unions thread somewhere here or in A/T? I went hunting and couldn't find it or anything adjacent in the first two pages, and it looks like even the DSA thread has been dead a year.

I generally find CSPAM a bit abrasive/meme-y, but if that's where to look then I'll take a link

you're american, i take it? this sort of thing is very different between localities, so the cspam unionisation thread is probably your best bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

a strange fowl posted:

my children and brethren in the earth

every day, millions of fish enter the hearts and mouths of america. most americans have never even seen a fish, nor water, the medium in which they perform. they have little understanding of water, and every single last one of them is doomed to die in the desert that awaits us all. but you can be kind to the fish in your lives. wherever you see a fish, whether that be in a tank, in an aquarium, press it to your lips and kiss it in thanks for its existence. my dear children, i hope that you all live to see the day of humanity's extinction. i will not, for i am destined to die battling a wildfire. until that day, just know that the fish are always with us, and they will remember how we treated them in their hour of need. i am the ghost of john muir and my word is law

why does every mystic i meet tell me i'm going to die in a wildfire? i don't even ask them, they just tell me

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

why does every mystic i meet tell me i'm going to die in a wildfire? i don't even ask them, they just tell me
don't worry, i am under a curse that anything i explicitly predict never comes to pass

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Just wait for when the time travelers start showing up and shout cryptic warnings that make no sense and/or try to assassinate you. Gets real old, real quick, let me tell you.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
It's like, I've never even heard of Project Myrmidon, guys! Stop ruining my lunch!

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
my fish talk was well received, though not quite as interesting as what avs proposed. in exchange for giving a feel good talk, i was treated to free sandwiches from catering

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Good!

Since I have no other means of conveying general happiness at you, have a picture of puppies.

I'm sure they would be pleased at your talking prowess too.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

my fish talk was well received, though not quite as interesting as what avs proposed. in exchange for giving a feel good talk, i was treated to free sandwiches from catering
:h: the fish are proud of you, and they thank you for your kindness

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
https://twitter.com/Edward__Bernays/status/1438131799243243523

So uhh is this true? We can't have Bernie because the CIA through their puppet AOC didn't want Bernie?

oliveoil fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 30, 2023

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

oliveoil posted:

So uhh is this true? We can't have Bernie because the CIA through their puppet AOC didn't want Bernie?

yeah, cia operative brown moses told me the whole thing was an op, apparently the rand corporation produced a report predicting we would have full global communism by late 2021 if a charismatic left of center house member wasn't put into place to quench the revolutionary fires with liberalism

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

oliveoil posted:

that's the least funny parody account I've ever seen

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Goongrats kals on retiring from modship with your head held high and a surprising number of positive comments.

Also for breaking the goon stereotype of leaving in disgrace/handcuffs/nine eleven.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

It was a fun ride, even 16-hour days and ~1.5k PMs angry about sixers later. I’ve definitely experienced some wear and tear through it, and so with me questioning myself lately on whether if I add much to the thread as its benevolent dictator, I think this is an apt moment to bow out cordially, head held high as you say.

In the end, though, I do value having this space to talk about something very close to the heart of my participation in D&D in principle, and I also have first-hand experience of difficulties in finding new D&D IKs or mods for anything. Accordingly, I tried to make an effort to just lightly toast the bridges on my way out, should the pragmatic case for my continued stewardship crystallise. So you may very well not write off seeing a bespoke Baltic flameout quite yet - but at the very least until then I’m keen to :justpost: and divert some of my time and energy to more clearly pressing matters.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Also yeah, to say that I’m positively baffled at the seeing all the outpouring support would be to say nothing.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Can't say I can understand the goon mind but I do think that as long as rules are seen to be enforced fairly then even stringent ones can be tolerated. And hey, at least you didn't end up like the GBS one where Jeffrey of Yospos felt he had to personally apologise to the forums for a failure of moderation.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

oliveoil posted:

if the loving CIA was as good at being nefarious as the internet thinks it is the US would have won in iraq and afghanistan

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Operation Acoustic Ocasio-Cortez

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt25m_agCbk

this will be every conversation kals will have on this forum going forward

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

Main Paineframe posted:

that's the least funny parody account I've ever seen

Did you actually read the thread? There were a lot of pictures that made me wonder.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

oliveoil posted:

Did you actually read the thread? There were a lot of pictures that made me wonder.

i taped a dollar to the bottom of your chair

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

if it's not there then sorry I already took it earlier

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Also yeah, to say that I’m positively baffled at the seeing all the outpouring support would be to say nothing.

You threaded a needle with subject matter which turned the other related threads into superfund sites with press conference apologies and Promises to Do Better

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

when paradigm told me earlier that kals had resigned I said it was fair because he'd spent almost an entire year moderating what is hands down the worst thread on the forums

assuming a frictionless spherical thread in a vacuum, a thread about an active warzone with brutal content posted daily from the myriad social media accounts of people documenting the horrors of war, is obviously loving terrible to moderate

and then you have to factor in terrible posting

absolute dogshit posting

posting normally only I can manage

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

rip to latvia's proudest son

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

now you are ready to enter irl politics, if that even exists in your strange country

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

a strange fowl posted:

now you are ready to enter irl politics, if that even exists in your strange country

they exist and are quite miserable, especially since the last February, and the most that I’m interested in doing irl is bullying people I know into voting in elections

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

cinci zoo sniper posted:

they exist and are quite miserable, especially since the last February, and the most that I’m interested in doing irl is bullying people I know into voting in elections
voting... for you!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

when Latvia enters world news after president seen "eating some really sick poo poo" we'll know our boy made it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lol we don’t even have a real presidential election - they get chosen by the parliament in a least bad option compromise affair

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ah a ceremonial doubly-prime minister.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

lol we don’t even have a real presidential election - they get chosen by the parliament in a least bad option compromise affair

latvia has done it. they've invented the compound minister.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

latvia has done it. they've invented the compound minister.

i was about to joke that Tess was onto something with double prime, in mathematical sense

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I disagree with carceral modding but I wish you all the best in your new endeavors!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Harold Fjord posted:

I disagree with carceral modding but I wish you all the best in your new endeavors!

you disagree with imprisonment and yet you're trapped in here, posting with us, through your own will

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lol and cheers

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Fondly remembering that time kals was dragged into CanPol because of Ukraine posting drama.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

important update: i thought my elderly friend who fell off my roof without injuring himself was lithuanian but i had it wrong, he is, in fact, latvian

an oddly powerful people

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
RIP CCCC USpol. I will miss it.

Obviously a lot of what we did there can’t happen here but I might make some civ posts from time to time. And we can always talk about weed.

Cygnids
Dec 14, 2021

Mellow Seas posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mellow Seas posted:

Obviously a lot of what we did there can’t happen here but I might make some civ posts from time to time. And we can always talk about weed.

A more mellow posting voyage, if I may