Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I liked the first episode of Ningen Fushin: Apparently, Disillusioned Adventurers Will Save the World well enough. It's not isekai which was my fear with that title but it's instead about a bunch of losers in an adventuring party and it's fun a single episode in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Pierson posted:

The new Ragna Crimson rocks, I'm a sucker for "aaaaah stupid hero how will you get through our impossible impassable many-layered god-fortress?" > "i punched it" jokes.

I like this take on Made in Abyss.

Also, according to the author on twitter, the ice dragon was originally going to die but he found her design too cute so she gets to live this round. Much to Ragna's frustration he's got 0 high dragon kills this raid but also survived existence obliteration.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mumbling posted:

I never understand 100% of what’s going on in Choujin X, but I like it

it feels like reading some else's dream sometimes

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Versus Chapter 3 is out

https://po2scans.com/manga/versus/chapter-3/

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I feel like my expectations of ONE's work are coloring my expectations.
This really does seem to be a straightforward story. Ill hold on actually examining it until next chapter because its been a little breathless so far.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, knowing ONE is writing this definitely colours my expectations. I didn't like last chapter that much, but this one was better and I expect the series will turn more and more solid once the setup is done and ONE gets going.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mashle: we're finally loving done with Doom and I'll give the manga this the ending to that fight is pretty good.

Sakamoto: the old sword guy is still alive! :unsmith:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ok latest Ichinose Family going down the Taizan swerve route again.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Fabricant 100 is solidly my favorite new manga. Ashibi's been a really fun protagonist and the art style is so bouncy, this guy draws some of the most beautiful people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jiangshi X still continues to be the most generic series ever. The main character doesn't even have an interesting hook. He's strong from having trained, wow.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So we knew that Akane's solution to how to perform Fetching Tea was going to be to make it more comedic, but this is actually really smart of her.

Urara leans into how beautiful and seductive the oiran is plays her exactly as the customer saw her.

Akane realizes that the story is entirely just some dudebro telling his buddies about this hot chick he met and leans into that. We're not seeing the oiran as she was, we're seeing the guy's awful impression of her.

I love this manga.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

it's been floundering hard ever since it left tsubasa's story. it's like taizan had the idea to subvert their usual bullying scenario and didn't know what to do next

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

TheHan posted:

Fabricant 100 is solidly my favorite new manga. Ashibi's been a really fun protagonist and the art style is so bouncy, this guy draws some of the most beautiful people.

For real. I don't want to like a Jump series this much this early, that way leads to heartbreak. But it loving owns.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

it's been floundering hard ever since it left tsubasa's story. it's like taizan had the idea to subvert their usual bullying scenario and didn't know what to do next

I didn't hate the sister's story, but it was pretty bland and predictable. This new hook has got me interested, I'll admit, but gotta see where it goes.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

This is my first time with this author. I was just relieved that the whole compensated dating thing ended without any terrible drama. Now I'm just :psyduck:.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Jiangshi X still continues to be the most generic series ever. The main character doesn't even have an interesting hook. He's strong from having trained, wow.

after this chapter, it really feels like they took naruto and flipped sasuke and naruto's role in the narative. the annoying kid is the rival and the quiet strong one is the protag

also gotta say jiangshi are just a lame enemy to base your series on. they're not scary or cool; they're just goofy

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

TheHan posted:

Yeah, I ended up really liking it as well. The art is distinct and solid, the Fabricants work pretty well as monster of the week, introducing a relatively benign Fabricant hunting organization of super humans nicely complicated things and Fabricant 100 does a really good job of being both goofy doofus and inhuman monster. All in all, good stuff.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, I ended up really liking it as well. The art is distinct and solid, the Fabricants work pretty well as monster of the week, introducing a relatively benign Fabricant hunting organization of super humans nicely complicated things and Fabricant 100 does a really good job of being both goofy doofus and inhuman monster. All in all, good stuff.

And them holding a mirror before him is also quite interesting.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Mashle: we're finally loving done with Doom and I'll give the manga this the ending to that fight is pretty good.
Classic Mash is great. :allears:
I can make pancakes.
You do you.

The slow realisation that something insane is happening is still very entertaining for me.

Undead Unluck: Is trucking along nicely. Loved this battle and can't wait to get to know Void.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it took a while to demonstrate how spooky 100 is, but it is working now.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I find it a bit odd that there's an entire organization dedicated to hunting fabrocants, especially since there's less than 100 of them lol. But I guess they're a big threat to humanity and it works for the story so sure, gently caress it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

100 should keep the suit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CodfishCartographer posted:

I find it a bit odd that there's an entire organization dedicated to hunting fabrocants, especially since there's less than 100 of them lol. But I guess they're a big threat to humanity and it works for the story so sure, gently caress it.

There's got to be an eventual twist that there are more than 100 because that number is way too limiting, especially if there is a whole organization devoted to tracking them down. Also they need to eventually put 100 on a back foot by introducing someone stronger.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Would be an easy twist to have Fabricant 1 start making fabricants, though considering how powerful even low level fabricants are I’ve got an easy time believing they’d need a whole organization to deal with them.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

muscles like this! posted:

There's got to be an eventual twist that there are more than 100 because that number is way too limiting, especially if there is a whole organization devoted to tracking them down. Also they need to eventually put 100 on a back foot by introducing someone stronger.

Plus 100 killed something like a dozen of the others in one instance alone before the story started.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Sakamoto Days: I guess Sakamoto's just more talkative now. It's not bad, but it's kinda weird after him being one of the most stoic lead characters in forever

Akane-banashi: Oh, I love this solution. Perfect, absolutely perfect

Jiangshi X: It's Naruto, and they're not even pretending otherwise

Cipher Academy: I like that processing so much information from the glasses at once has drawbacks for Iroha. Keeps it from making things too easy for him, and forces him to improve without it

Blue Box: Even in the flashback, Chinatsu's old friend looks like she's 40

Ayakashi Triangle: Checked back in to see if anything was going on and shockingly, things are happening. Figured it would coast forever

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Akane-banashi: I legit burst out laughing in this chapter, so Akane's act hit me in real life too.

G&G: drat these magicians be hosed up. Might be one of the more murder-happy shounens at the moment.

Roboco: Chapter hit surprisingly hard. Really big fan of the "What, you think I can work at Lawson's or 7/11 when I'm a Family Mart product?" joke.

Sakamoto Days: Old man rules.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Liked this weeks Fabricant. Wasn't like amazing or anything but exploring other human/fabricant relationships is def the right move and i'm interested in what's done with it.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Alacron posted:

So we knew that Akane's solution to how to perform Fetching Tea was going to be to make it more comedic, but this is actually really smart of her.

Urara leans into how beautiful and seductive the oiran is plays her exactly as the customer saw her.

Akane realizes that the story is entirely just some dudebro telling his buddies about this hot chick he met and leans into that. We're not seeing the oiran as she was, we're seeing the guy's awful impression of her.

I love this manga.

Thanks for this, I honestly wasn't sure what interpretation I was meant to take from Akane's performance. I thought she was playing the oiran as beautiful but a bad hostess, which didn't make sense. Akane using her inexperience of what it's like to be a mature and desirable woman by having the story filtered through a man's retelling is great.

I hope this gets an anime, I'd love to see these scenes performed out.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So the manga that "won" October 22's Manga Plus bronze creators awards got put up and oh boy they're some derivative crap.
One (Ruthless Render) is trying entirely too hard to be Chainsaw Man and the other (I Sold My body To A God) is 20 years too late to be serialised in Raijin Comics with Fist of the Blue Sky and Bomber Girl.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jan 31, 2023

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sold my body has more or less adequate art and really bad everything else. even the translation is bad!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Cipher Academy and Fabricant 100 are both still great; I hope they stick around. Interesting how both revolve around a female character who is probably pretty evil without straightforwardly being an antagonist structurally.

Not sure I understand what’s going on in Ichinose Family’s Deadly Sins. A time loop?

It’s weird how last week’s Yozakura Family brought up Taiyo graduating in a year; I thought it was implied that he’d given up on going to school by this point, but I guess the writer just lost interest in showing his school life. The whole career guidance framing is also strange when Taiyo is already a Silver-rank spy and probably stronger than half of the Gold-rank spies; in a way, Taiyo sort of has to adopt Kyoichiro as his role model because Kyoichiro is basically the only character who’s clearly “above” him.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Marriagetoxin.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Darth TNT posted:

Marriagetoxin.

:hmmyes:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

Marriagetoxin.

Is still the best. So is the Hamster Girl.

I think it is more and more likely that the mutated Uber Beast that was floating in the tank in that one shot was her brother.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's scary just how many points Hamster girl is accruing this one arc.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Started reading marriage toxin since everyone is talking about it but also more importantly as its not a WSJ title it might actually survive now its got more than 30 chapters

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Brought To You By posted:

It's scary just how many points Hamster girl is accruing this one arc.

Yeah, I was fully aboard the Kinosaki train until this arc, but Hamster Girl's a really, really good character in a series with a bunch of really good characters.

Feel like the mangaka also really likes her, and if she doesn't end up becoming The One for Gero, it'll be between her and The One for Gero

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
There's only one downside to hamster-girl. Gero needs to produce an heir, and... well...

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, possible good news on the Ruri Dragon front.

Apparently, the manga got a librarian's award or something of the nature, and the official twitter released a new sketch, with the author saying that effort was being made to have a comeback. No guarantees, but it does mean people are at least trying to see if there's a way for it to keep running in Jump.

(Makes sense, given that it sold over 200,000 copies of the first volume, but still nice to see that the door's open.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The end of the latest chapter of Ranger Daishikkaku is pretty crazy.