Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Oppression posted:

Never really thought about it before, but there probably isn't someone in the back of the store punching holes in donuts.

The hole comes from how the machine presses the dough out of a pipe to then fall into the boiling oil. Think macaroni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My father in law (64) once told me that when he was a kid he was really impressed that two women Hannah and Barbara made most of the cartoons he saw and saw it as a sign of how far women's liberation had come.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

FreudianSlippers posted:

My father in law (64) once told me that when he was a kid he was really impressed that two women Hannah and Barbara made most of the cartoons he saw and saw it as a sign of how far women's liberation had come.

You're married to Brad Pitt's daughter?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

FreudianSlippers posted:

Except their cartoons made 75% the revenue that the Warner Bros.' did. Shameful that there's still a glass cel-ing.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

On windows, pressing the windows key and period allows you to quickly add kaomoji (as well as regular emojis and symbols)

( •̀ ω •́ )✧ (✿◕‿◕✿) (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Jabberlock posted:

On windows, pressing the windows key and period allows you to quickly add kaomoji (as well as regular emojis and symbols)

( •̀ ω •́ )✧ (✿◕‿◕✿) (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

My life shall now be divided into two parts. The part before I learned this, and the part between today and when my friends eventually murder me for making GBS threads up the group chats with emotes.

ε=ε=ε=(~ ̄▽ ̄)~

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Torquemada posted:

You're married to Brad Pitt's daughter?

I can neither confirm nor deny this.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

Oppression posted:

Never really thought about it before, but there probably isn't someone in the back of the store punching holes in donuts.

That depends on the type and where you get them from, I make brioche doughnuts at work and I most definitely punch out the rings by hand.

Also if you have the time I whole heartedly recommend you make a brioche doughnut and try it fresh out of the fryer, it will put all the cold stale ones in the store to shame.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

coldpudding posted:

I most definitely punch out the rings by hand.

Message me :swoon:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Donuts can be dropped in rings into the deep fryer but also there are donut rollers to pleasure your mother press donuts from a dough sheet.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I changed the thread title! The old one was too long, so we couldn't have a funny subtitle.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

zedprime posted:

Donuts can be dropped in rings into the deep fryer but also there are donut rollers to pleasure your mother press donuts from a dough sheet.

The big cutting dies at our local shops are tessellated hexagons but the donuts still puff round. The roller makes the sheets perfect width and thickness

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Philippe posted:

I changed the thread title! The old one was too long, so we couldn't have a funny subtitle.

:toot:

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

zedprime posted:

A biblically accurate donut maker

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I just found out that there was an accelerometer-based tilt game for the Gameboy Colour.

How'd they do that when the Gameboy Colour doesn't have an accelerometer in it? They put it in the cartridge! :aaa:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_Tilt_%27n%27_Tumble

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You know about the GameBoy Camera, right?

The GBA also lacked an accelerometer, so several games for it brought their own. I think that the big ones were Warioware Twisted and Yoshi Topsy Turvy.

Boktai had a light sensor to encourage kids to play in sunlight.

Every game with a real-time clock had to put that in the cart. Pokémon games were fond of this.

The weirdest of all, which I just learned of while refreshing my memory, was Glucoboy, a blood glucose meter for diabetic Australian kids.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
GB had all sorts of insane attachments including a sonar

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Platystemon posted:

The weirdest of all, which I just learned of while refreshing my memory, was Glucoboy, a blood glucose meter for diabetic Australian kids.

"Oh boy, high score!!" :thurman:
/dies from diabetic shock

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Platystemon posted:

You know about the GameBoy Camera, right?

The GBA also lacked an accelerometer, so several games for it brought their own. I think that the big ones were Warioware Twisted and Yoshi Topsy Turvy.

Boktai had a light sensor to encourage kids to play in sunlight.

Every game with a real-time clock had to put that in the cart. Pokémon games were fond of this.

Me a genius

"I'm going to buy boktai during a winter in Ohio"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Gaius Marius posted:

I thought Harry and Hausen were two differnet people. Like a Powell and Pressburger thing

Oh kinda like literally everyone thought Mary and Kate Ashley-Olsen were Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen because of the typography on the end credits, so the parents just changed their names.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oh kinda like literally everyone thought Mary and Kate Ashley-Olsen were Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen because of the typography on the end credits, so the parents just changed their names.

That doesn't sound like a thing

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

There were also at least a couple of Game Boy sewing/embroidery machines.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The eighth-largest building in the world is the Inex logistics centre in Sipoo (near St. Petersburg).

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The eighth-largest building in the world is the Inex logistics centre in Sipoo (near St. Petersburg).

If you're measuring by cubic feet and not just ground coverage it might even be the 7th biggest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_buildings

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Sipoo” sounds like an Australian insult.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Platystemon posted:

It's just the standardized version of Espoo (which is made out of ES and poo).

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's just the standardized version of Espoo (which is made out of ES and poo).

That sounds even more like an Australian insult

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Tist rizalt. Espoo.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
'Amityville' means 'Friendly Town'

Ooh irony

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Enmityville surprisingly nice though

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

But Apathyville... *shrug*

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I'm not sure what to think about Ambiguville.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Considering making a Herman Melville pun but, I'd prefer not to.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Herman Mehville...

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

credburn posted:

Considering making a Herman Melville pun but, I'd prefer not to.

I need an "annoyed golf clap" smiley.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Trabant posted:

I need an "annoyed golf clap" smiley.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Platystemon posted:

It's not far off Seppo, which is Australian for Americans (and therefore also an insult)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bogan Krkic posted:

It's not far off Seppo, which is Australian for Americans (and therefore also an insult)

"Opera? Yecch satan!" - Seppo

"Half-forced I've drank wine." - Seppo

"I waved just to gently caress around." - Seppo

"Germany is a poo poo country." - Seppo

"I drove a snowmobile into a tree." - Seppo

"I'll be resting or drinking." - Seppo

"500 000 in hand and the javelin will fly 100 metres." - Seppo

"Leaving for Atlanta I decided that I won't loving speak a word of English on the whole trip - I'll have to get by with Finnish." - Seppo

"Now throw, so I can go get a beer." - Seppo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bogan Krkic posted:

To explain further, 'Seppo' is Aussie slang abbreviation for 'Septic Tank' which is rhyming slang for 'Yank' which is an Aussie slang abbreviation for 'Yankee' which is slang for 'American'