Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What was the episode where Griffin destroyed his own shirt?

Also, what was the episode where Griffin destroyed his own pants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Griffin destroys his pants every week, it's called having IBS.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Ariong posted:

What was the episode where Griffin destroyed his own shirt?

Also, what was the episode where Griffin destroyed his own pants?

I don't know about the pants, but the shirt has an animation that has the episode number in the description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejO5yFRgHBA

It's 498 if you don't wanna watch it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYEQd8JhPSg

Disappointed at the lack of showmanship for the theme song tbh. I was expecting to see air guitar at minimum

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna be real honest, after listening to TAZ today, I agree with Griffin:

I am seriously enjoying this dumb rear end reality show they're doing and you can tell they are too. Travis is on the warpath and I don't know if it's gonna pay off but lmao the stuff that keeps happening is great.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Steeplechase is the most fun TAZ has been .... maybe ever?
Every week is an absolute treat, Justin is great at DMing and moving things along, everyone constantly splitting up gives everyone a lot more time to actually dive into their characters

And whatever the hell is happening now, with all these horny boys doing horny boy things, I love it

Travis being given a real excuse to go be a chaos meathead instead of derailing the plot like he normally does is also working out faaaaaaaaairly nicely

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
god dammit I might actually have to try listening to TAZ again. I haven’t managed to stick with an arc since Amnesty.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Shout out to my boy Shookles

One day we'll understand everything, I'm certain

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Shlbethany is my favorite thing Justin has ever done, she needs to escape this bit and be a recurring NPC. Or honestly she could replace Travis on mbmbam

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Catching up on Steeplechase.

This Passion Cove arc is so goddamn good and it has only just begun.

"I once caught a wild fox... And fed it poison" made me burst out laughing and my coworker gave me a look of concern.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The cumstains remark didn’t get you?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Warbird posted:

The cumstains remark didn’t get you?

That was very good for the surprise, but something so incredibly unhinged about those little into monologues that really tickled my fancy.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'm really bummed the old lady hasn't played more of a part (I'm only about half way through the latest episode.)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Clint is horny now, everyone is on notice

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Clint is always horny, this is just a bit more apparent than usual.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Horrifying stalker Clint was quite the turn.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

more falafel please posted:

Shlbethany is my favorite thing Justin has ever done, she needs to escape this bit and be a recurring NPC. Or honestly she could replace Travis on mbmbam

"...softball scholarship"

I'm a little bummed that nobody clocked that the real (?) scott was dressed as a red cat mascot named Stimpson. To be fair, I didn't know Stimpy from Ren and Stimpy was supposed to be a cat for years, but the tradition continues.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Is the game show an entire floor or just a subsection of one? I remember an allusion to a floor we hadn’t encountered before when this arc do episodes started but they haven’t really elaborated on it. Not that it really matters though.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Warbird posted:

Is the game show an entire floor or just a subsection of one? I remember an allusion to a floor we hadn’t encountered before when this arc do episodes started but they haven’t really elaborated on it. Not that it really matters though.

Justin never explicitly said which is the case. However, in the latest episode holo-Scott said that they are filming another show in the same building as Passion’s Cove, which suggests they are on a layer devoted to the experience of being on televisions shows which is subdivided into sections for different shows.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Decided to give Steeplechase a try based on the thread's recommendation. Only a few episodes in but wow, this may be the best the show's ever been outside of maybe a couple of earlier Balance story arcs.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 29, 2023

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I am absolutely digging this arc. The latest episode is one of the best in literal years and for the first time in a long time I’m regularly laughing out loud and also actively looking forward to the next episode. I could do with never having “combat” again and just having way more fun character-based hijinks.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I miss the structure of DnD a bit but this system is letting them flourish without handing to be bound at the hip to combat.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZrK6bSYqEQ

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Someone did a near two hour autopsy of Graduation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPrUQlCGr4M

It's ok. Particularly for an amateurs first and presumably only shot at doing this kind of thing.

But then the guy post-credits reveals his reasoning to make this and drat. Poor dude had been listening to MBMBAM while donating plasma for years, so he associated them with doing good and getting money. Then he got cancer, had to get blood drawn for that, and tried to find comfort in the brothers... while Graduation was airing.

Personally, while my situation was incomparable to this fellows, it reminded me that Graduation airing during the pandemic felt like a mood. Reaching for old comforts only to be greeted by that mess.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Poor dude had been listening to MBMBAM while donating plasma for years, so he associated them with doing good and getting money. Then he got cancer, had to get blood drawn for that, and tried to find comfort in the brothers... while Graduation was airing.
Disclaimer: The McElroy brothers are not [doctors], and their [dnd podcast] should never be [relied upon for comfort in a time of great need]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Someone did a near two hour autopsy of Graduation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPrUQlCGr4M

It's ok. Particularly for an amateurs first and presumably only shot at doing this kind of thing.

But then the guy post-credits reveals his reasoning to make this and drat. Poor dude had been listening to MBMBAM while donating plasma for years, so he associated them with doing good and getting money. Then he got cancer, had to get blood drawn for that, and tried to find comfort in the brothers... while Graduation was airing.

Personally, while my situation was incomparable to this fellows, it reminded me that Graduation airing during the pandemic felt like a mood. Reaching for old comforts only to be greeted by that mess.

That's what being paid for your plasma gets you

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
that's a weird scenario

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It is, but it tracks as to why someone would bother with this. Contextualizes it as less a "I'm a youtube reviewer now ma" and more "I needed a place to direct my pain and ire". Graduation's as good a punching bag as any.

This is cute. The varying degrees of quality are fun, and you can almost tell what the creator was inspired most by what style they're doing (Adventure Time, Avatar, Gravity Falls...). And I bet a lot of younger contributors got to learn animation for the first time through it.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
ok he dislikes Justin so we're blood brothers

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I appreciate people saying the video is worth watching because the only other thing I have to go on is the absolute dogshit thumbnail I keep seeing every single time I use YouTube.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I forgot Travis ordering his family to ask about the wheelchair

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

This person is not Justin’s biggest fan

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

How can you be a fan of the McElroys if you don’t like Justin.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

never got over the glass shark incident

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
No way I’m watching that whole 2 hour Graduation postmortem but lol @ the clips in there of Travis talking DM stuff with Brennan Lee Mulligan who looks like he wants to die.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I've been watching that video in bits and pieces, and as someone who dropped out after Imp Hospital, it's very reassuring to find out how little of what was set up was ultimately paid off.

Entropic posted:

No way I’m watching that whole 2 hour Graduation postmortem but lol @ the clips in there of Travis talking DM stuff with Brennan Lee Mulligan who looks like he wants to die.

I also skipped to the Travis section first because I figured it would be the most gratifying, and it kinda was.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Graduation is pretty god awful, and since people are saying the video is decent I'll probably work my way through it eventually, but honestly the worst part is that it's such a missed opportunity

A world of WWE style scripted results but still performed heroes and villains fights is such a neat idea, and something that I feel like could contain a ton of really fun stories and interesting scenarios and just.. well..

They could've been cutting promos before the fights, stage elaborate set pieces for the fights/encounters to take on, so many ideas that could've been used but were absolutely not

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Weird Pumpkin posted:

A world of WWE style scripted results but still performed heroes and villains fights is such a neat idea, and something that I feel like could contain a ton of really fun stories and interesting scenarios and just.. well..

You're right, it was great when the Venture Brothers did it

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Travis made a lot of rookie DM mistakes that were made worse by his campaign needing to be a rebound from the (at the time) less popular Amnesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Arc was seemingly bad and I didn't listen to it; but the video kind of demonstrates the kind of no-win situations McElroy fans corner them them. Like there's this pressure on one end for broad representation with characters, but they're also three heterosexual white guys, so accents (which will inevitably be rooted in some real-world analogue) are a no-no. They're tasked with creating broadly comedic fantasy settings, but anything vaguely resembling real-world stereotypes is a no-no. It's a tough task for guys who aren't writers by trade, much less expert ethnologists and historians.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 10, 2023