Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I dont like single player games as much, simply let sickos buy dedicated servers, like the Jedi Knight Jedi Academy guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

homeless snail posted:

drat that really sucks, crimesight actually owned. murder chess where one (or two) players are on the sherlock team and have to determine which character in the mansion is the murderer and who they're trying to kill, while the moriarty player has to discretely arrange for the murder to happen without making their plans too obvious. also sometimes with a fourth player that's ostensibly on the sherlock team but actually helping moriarty

Evil Kit posted:

This basically. The Yogscast played it during the 2022 jingle jam and it looked pretty cool. I'm kinda surprised it's just getting shuttered tho, that feels real random. I guess it's an always online game???

Vermain posted:

that sounds really cool conceptually, although it's low concept enough that i can see it being a hard sell outside of a small, dedicated niche

seems like it'd be perfect to have around as a P2P game, but live service hell has seemingly made that impossible
Sounds like a social deduction game like Among Us, perfect for a group of friend to play online, but a limit of 4 players does hurt it.

Reminder that Among Us languished in obscurity for 2 years before it found new life during the pandemic. Looks like Crimesight will never get that chance.

I said come in! posted:

Games as a Service titles are shutting down left and right. More so than normal. I have a feeling the recession, and inflation are a big contributor, on top of the game / tech industry in general doing really poorly in the last year because people are spending less money overall.
Yep. Similarly, Fortnite was around for more than 2 years as the zombie coop shooter before it became repurposed as the Battle Royale. Seems strange that Rumbleverse is being cut down without mercy even as Epic rides the Fortnite loot train... or is there trouble in Tomato Town too?

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 30, 2023

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

F.D. Signifier posted:

Sounds like a social deduction game like Among Us, perfect for a group of friend to play online, but a limit of 4 players does hurt it.

Reminder that Among Us languished in obscurity for 2 years before it found new life during the pandemic. Looks like Crimesight will never get that chance.
it isn't a social deduction game at all, except in the four player mode with the hidden traitor. none of the players are the murderer, and none of the half dozen or whatever characters belong to any one player in particular. they kind of just do their own thing unless one of the players secretly influences them to do something in particular, as sherlock you have to pay attention to the characters your side aren't influencing each turn and determine whether the things they do are random or deliberate and, if they are deliberate what the intention behind the move was. like for instance a character going off by themselves, was that NPC behavior, is moriarty trying to isolate the victim to make them weaker, or clearing witnesses, or just scattering people to throw you off the trail. if a character, makes a very deliberate move across the map towards someone that was alone, was that a kill attempt that went wrong because a witness walked into the room at the last minute? only time you know for sure that moriarty did something is if you both try to influence the same character, and only because moriarty's orders take priority so the person doesn't do the thing you asked them to, or if they do the one move that only moriarty can do that immediately reveals the murderer

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

I forgot about Manic Panic x Tom Clancy until I saw this.

Who was in the focus group that responded 'positively' to the name 'XDefiant?' Because that is a really good prank. We have come full circle to Revolution X.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The only service games should be providing me is all of their content for the initial price I pay

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
In Dead Space 2, does your weapon choice only marginally influence ammo drops, cause I'm getting a whole lot of ammo I can't use?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
TLR:

This game continues to baffle me with its design choices. I'm at a point where you have to assault a fortress by taking out a defence base first. This involves a large scale battle against a constant stream of reinforcements immediately followed by a boss battle against the captain of the fortress. This takes about 45 minutes just for the two fights. In order to reach the fortress you have to do this 6 times. I get that big battles is this game's gimmick but who the hell decided it was a good idea to have 4-5 hours of repetitive gameplay with no plot development?

It's going to take me all week to do this bit

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
whats up with this cute dancing snail in hi fi rush??

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That's the developer's logo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that's me. hello.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

a slug

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-nintendo-sony-skipping-e3-2023

All three console makers are going to be skipping E3 2023's big return to being a physical event.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Waffleman_ posted:

All three console makers are going to be skipping E3 2023's big return to being a physical event.

lol. So that's it for E3 then, huh? Or is Valve and Epic going to take this chance to edge in?

Also "convenient for press and even consumers" would be a good February thread title

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 31, 2023

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I think I may duck out of my play-through of Hifi Rush. I’m most of the way through the second main stage but I’m already tired of the formula of bouncing between boring platforming and fights in big empty rooms. There are just a tad too many mechanics being added at this point for my skill level; all the forced parrying sections are tough for me. I’m also a little bit bummed that the licensed songs are only for the boss fights; since the game has to keep a consistent beat throughout the whole stage the stock music is really repetitive.

Fantastic first few hours though. Really impressed with the presentation.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I have decided to beat Nier. But I'm going to leave auto dodge on at all times.

I've gotten to ending C. Somebody itt told me that eventually something nice will happen in the plot but I don't believe it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Why would the big 3 care about E3 when they can just host their own conferences/directs, save money, and have the focus on them? Make sense for them to skip

The flipside on this is that it will potentially clear up E3 to give indies a bigger chance to shine.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Guess Nintendo got bored of winning it each year :shrug:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Of course, they're announcing the Switch Pro ft Silksong this year

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
so companies are going to advertise all the time instead of all the time and also a little bit more at this one time a year drat how will anyone ever know what is being advertised lately

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gripweed posted:

I have decided to beat Nier. But I'm going to leave auto dodge on at all times.

I've gotten to ending C. Somebody itt told me that eventually something nice will happen in the plot but I don't believe it.

That's bullshit but I believe it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Infinitum posted:

Of course, they're announcing the Switch Pro ft Silksong this year

drat, hosed up that the Switch Pro is getting delayed.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Khanstant posted:

so companies are going to advertise all the time instead of all the time and also a little bit more at this one time a year drat how will anyone ever know what is being advertised lately

This

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nintendo's next console is almost for sure not going to be backwards compatible with the Switch, so I hope people are prepared for that.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why do you say that?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

hatty posted:

Why do you say that?

It’s going to be the DS2.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Worth it in that case

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

hatty posted:

Why do you say that?

Nintendo likes it when people have to buy games repeatedly. See the discontinuation of virtual console.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They have made an assload of backwards compatible consoles and handhelds op

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
cant play wii games on my switch, nobody owns wiiu games to check if it can play them

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Installing emulators doesn't count OP

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khanstant posted:

cant play wii games on my switch, nobody owns wiiu games to check if it can play them

You don't have enough gamer spirit to do so yet, OP.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's generally a bad idea to put a disc drive in a portable system

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's generally a bad idea to put a disc drive in a portable system

The psp was epic.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The psp was epic.

Unironically.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve never seen a psp irl. But I have seen an NGage.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do xboxes still have gamerscore?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

Do xboxes still have gamerscore?

They do

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I wish the PSPGo wasn't a pile of limited decisions because a massive chunk of why I hacked my PSP was yo stop using the disc drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Only registered members can see post attachments!