Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

"He picked me up at a truck stop and cant even to begin to list his violations"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

LimaBiker posted:

I really wanna know. It's easy to measure the density with the submersion method. That would probably give you at least an indication about what it is not.

Could it be a massive ball of depleted uranium, from some tank armor or whatever?

Uranium definitely sparks when you grind it (which is something you should never do).

I think some stainless steels are non-sparking, so maybe it's just a big lump of very hard stainless? It is puzzling because there are lots of metals that are very dense and non-sparking, but the combination of extreme hardness and non-sparking is quite rare.

I doubt it's beryllium copper because beryllium copper looks like copper.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Sagebrush posted:

Uranium definitely sparks when you grind it (which is something you should never do).

I think some stainless steels are non-sparking, so maybe it's just a big lump of very hard stainless? It is puzzling because there are lots of metals that are very dense and non-sparking, but the combination of extreme hardness and non-sparking is quite rare.

I doubt it's beryllium copper because beryllium copper looks like copper.

Its a giant glob of hardfacing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/9FABKSq.gifv

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Hey you guys would know, eyewash stations aren't supposed to be hooked up to the hot water right?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Pekinduck posted:

Hey you guys would know, eyewash stations aren't supposed to be hooked up to the hot water right?

No. The hot water line is supposed to go to the bidet.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I say hook em up to both, if someone's gonna be dealing with flushing out chemicals burning their eyes the least you can do is let them choose a personally comfortable water temperature.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

You really want the bidet on cold, trust me.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

One of the rare times I desperately wanted audio

bolak
Jul 20, 2022
Firm fined £120k after builders lifted in digger's bucket: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-64440273

Does initiative count for nothing?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vampire Panties posted:

One of the rare times I desperately wanted audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uqbJE5nnt8

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

You really want the bidet on cold, trust me.

This is a terrible plan and you should not trust this person.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:perfect:

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Azhais posted:

Since we all love stairs here

Man, the picture even captures her in the process of slipping and breaking her rear end.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

Since we all love stairs here

Aside from lack of a handrail, this is probably fine. I bet from the POV of the person on the stairs there are no gaps to fall through with the treads bending up like that.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1620193844653588480?s=20&t=qBONhiosSal-H4Qc0cL_7w

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Where are these crazy stair houses? Doesn’t residential construction mandate handrails? I know it does for multifamily rental but I wasn’t sure if private homeowners had more agency into how deadly their house was.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

what is with all these weirdos just recording poo poo inside their houses 24/7

hosed up

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

withak posted:

Aside from lack of a handrail, this is probably fine. I bet from the POV of the person on the stairs there are no gaps to fall through with the treads bending up like that.

I just immediately imagine going up them, there's no way I'd make it a week without catching my foot in there and doing a faceplant.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Where are these crazy stair houses? Doesn’t residential construction mandate handrails? I know it does for multifamily rental but I wasn’t sure if private homeowners had more agency into how deadly their house was.

If its anything like my parents house, the contractor installed fake risers for the inspection and then removed them afterwards. Not sure how that would go for a fake handrail though.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

withak posted:

Well, the curved outside edges on the bottom 3.5 stairs is probably a problem. Also the fact that there's no kick boards are just begging for you to break your face going up them at some point.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

RandomBlue posted:

hosed up

They probably just set the motion detection filter for boulders. :pseudo:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

My vague recollection is that it was described as "a korean architectural firm"

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

That looks like a split level.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I dont think those stairs are in a house; I think they're in a high-rise office building which frequently have 1 flight staircases between floors because they're way faster then screwing with the elevator.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If that's an office the insurance company is ticking the box for extremely not covered even if the local code is ok.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Nah those stairs are literally in my house, that picture is the guest bathroom from atop the shitter.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

RandomBlue posted:

hosed up

People like watching their pets. I also think having surveillance inside your home is weird.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
https://i.imgur.com/rJd176b.mp4

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

oh look, a calendar

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/kKT0Boq.mp4

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Pretty brave to drive next to the giant flaming pile of likely carcinogenic and possibly explosive whoknowswhatthefuck

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
the machine
h u n g e r s

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

It’s nice to see that the first of the 2023 trash fires are already being delivered. Was afraid they might get delayed to Q2 due to supply chain issues.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

$5000 fine for littering

manero
Jan 30, 2006

After u eat Taco Bell

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

surprisingly common, better than burning the truck down though

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Someone threw their fire out in the trash instead of the recycling.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

We get it, Florida is a trash fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Open risers are usually fine as long as the opening is too small for a platonic small child head to go through (usually like a 4" sphere). Handrails are typically required though. It looks like maybe the vertical parts on the upper half of that staircase keep going up to form a handrail, the ones closest to the camera don't look like they're leveling off that fast.