Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

looking forward to extended camera zoom by 7.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I didn't even notice that there is a DPS meter as well, lmao

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It lets you zoom out farther than the client normally lets you.

Like this:

lmfao that is just so blatant too

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXFllNbrw-0 youtube video
the account is 2 days old, called "divine punishment", and the video is titled "Zoom Hack Absolute Omega", so unless they're playing the long game it's almost certainly not the player themself posting

Tekopo posted:

I didn't even notice that there is a DPS meter as well, lmao
you should probably just assume that 99% of world first race teams have someone running ACT, so that's not even remotely strange
what a lot of people are missing, however, is the addon showing the cooldowns of party members' skills

Red Metal fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 31, 2023

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

As the screen fades it looks like they're also using a hack to display their actual 1 pixel hitbox (unless that's just a particle effect specific to being killed by that attack).

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Thundarr posted:

As the screen fades it looks like they're also using a hack to display their actual 1 pixel hitbox (unless that's just a particle effect specific to being killed by that attack).

That's already a XIVLauncher plugin, so I would not be surprised.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unW4GOJw4ro

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
This does give me my new strategy to annoy people who say I should do high-end content. Sorry, I don't use mods and external tools, and they're clearly needed if even the top players are using them.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
do people care you don't do top end content?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

That would be a big deal, but doesn't everyone do top end content?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cleretic posted:

This does give me my new strategy to annoy people who say I should do high-end content. Sorry, I don't use mods and external tools, and they're clearly needed if even the top players are using them.
trust me you dont need a strategy to annoy people

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

hazardousmouse posted:

do people care you don't do top end content?

They do when I say that Warrior needs to be nerfed because it's so absurdly good at healing itself that it makes healers obsolete in dungeons.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cleretic posted:

This does give me my new strategy to annoy people

I'm sure you do it well without any planning

Cleretic posted:

They do when I say that Warrior needs to be nerfed because it's so absurdly good at healing itself that it makes healers obsolete in dungeons.

No they do when you say healing in dungeons is too easy for you now and you want challenge and thus we should nerf one tank who can do something every tank can do because you've gotten in your head that it's unique in it's ability to self mitigate and heal double pack pulls (Again, a thing all the tanks can do pretty easily.) And when people point out the other tanks can and do do that you just stop posting for a bit and bring it back up out of nowhere like people didn't laugh at you for it last time.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 31, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I've had the healer and other DPS die early on the last boss of Lapis Manalis, then we finished it from like 70% with DRK and MNK. what are healers even for

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

I've seen a bunch of other groups get outed after the WF announcement too, for zooms or various others.

This is the best one I've seen:

All that red poo poo should be invisible

Which Vtuber is that? I really want to see what the AoE plugin looks like live. I remember there was one that was rumored to be available for TEA limit cut but the jury was out on whether it was edited and added in after the fact.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Martman posted:

I've had the healer and other DPS die early on the last boss of Lapis Manalis, then we finished it from like 70% with DRK and MNK. what are healers even for

I've had a DRK solo the final boss in Heroes' Gauntlet from 50%. Story content is made to be cleared by the absolute worst players.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/fittingxivsongs/status/1620216140462170113?s=20&t=RzliasbDtm-nutFCCPxKkA

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Rynoto posted:

Professional gamers who play at tournaments with 6 figure+ prizes have been caught streaming their own cheating.

People really just want that validation.

I mean at least in that case they are cheating to win a bunch of money rather than cheating for a tremendously small amount of fame.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Hyper Inferno posted:

Which Vtuber is that? I really want to see what the AoE plugin looks like live. I remember there was one that was rumored to be available for TEA limit cut but the jury was out on whether it was edited and added in after the fact.

No idea. I just copy (likely copied) pictures from discords and paste them elsewhere.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Man, even when I'm healing I don't want the whole party to be healer-dependent, because if I die on some dumb boss mech with no rez DPS, I'd way rather the others have a chance to get over the finish line

I also once watched a WAR solo a level 80 trial from like 50% to 5% (stack marker ate him) and it was hype as hell, great poo poo

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Hyper Inferno posted:

This isn't the TEA plugin, this is a plugin that was made around the time of DSR because the developer decided DSR was unfairly hard.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

One thing I really like about this game is you're not expected to install a dozen mods just to play and I'm glad the fights aren't designed around people doing so.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Antivehicular posted:

Man, even when I'm healing I don't want the whole party to be healer-dependent, because if I die on some dumb boss mech with no rez DPS, I'd way rather the others have a chance to get over the finish line

I also once watched a WAR solo a level 80 trial from like 50% to 5% (stack marker ate him) and it was hype as hell, great poo poo

Yeah, that's why my ideal team comp has at least one SMN or RDM, I need a fallback if I die. Especially in new content.

That said... I want to play a healer. I enjoy healing. So tanks that do my job for me that easily feel poo poo to play around, because I'm no longer the healer: I'm the team's third, much worse DPS. WAR's always been the worst about it, but they've dragged the others up the curve too.

I've also heard that these days WAR's sustain might be so good that it's actually a DPS loss for WHM if they're there. I'm not the number-crunchy sort so I can't confirm this, but Afflatus Misery is now a minor DPS gain (especially in AoE situations), so WAR being basically invincible takes that away.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 31, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yoship demands holes

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I've also heard that these days WAR's sustain might be so good that it's actually a DPS loss for WHM if they're there. I'm not the number-crunchy sort so I can't confirm this, but Afflatus Misery is now a minor DPS gain (especially in AoE situations), so WAR being basically invincible takes that away.

In dungeons? You just jam lilies while moving between packs if you dont need to use the healing

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, that's why my ideal team comp has at least one SMN or RDM, I need a fallback if I die. Especially in new content.

That said... I want to play a healer. I enjoy healing. So tanks that do my job for me that easily feel poo poo to play around, because I'm no longer the healer: I'm the team's third, much worse DPS. WAR's always been the worst about it, but he's dragged the others up the curve too.

Here's the thing - for anyone who is good at their role, it doesn't matter which job you play because all MSQ/normal raid content will be pretty easy (which, personally I'm okay with because I don't come to this game for challenges).

If you want to have to play your class to its maximum potential, then yeah, you gotta do harder content. But that's true for every single class.

I like content being easy because I don't have to do a perfect DRK rotation and I can be a bit of a bad player and still get along just fine.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

That said... I want to play a healer. I enjoy healing. So tanks that do my job for me that easily feel poo poo to play around, because I'm no longer the healer: I'm the team's third, much worse DPS. WAR's always been the worst about it, but he's dragged the others up the curve too.

Or you could play content where that's not true instead of crying that the easiest entry level content is easy and entry level.

Like every thing you said is true about DPS and tanks in dungeons. You can learn basically any dps check in dungeons with 4 healers and havd basically infinite sustain. 4 dps would kill poo poo fast enough you probably don't need a tank or healer. Especially if you get a support dps or res mage. Tanks could meet the dps checks and mit the damage. Dungeons are not designed to require competency on anyone's part to clear and trying to use it as a design point for balance is largely stupid

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 31, 2023

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'd dread what this game would look like if you needed a healer for story level content.

The tank pendulum has probably swung too far, but I've had to finish so many dungeons with a dead healer in tow it would cause problems otherwise.

Like 90% of my playtime is as a healer, so I sympathize, but I can't imagine what df would look like if the healer actually was the keystone holding the group together. In any other situation you can limp through the dungeon - don't even need a tank to hold aggro or survive tank busters - but if survival was based on one role it'd be a clownshow.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 31, 2023

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Also nobody will care if you are healing simple content and go heavy on the green numbers anyway. You've honestly got to play a different game if you want the casual content to demand an active healer engagement 50% of the time or more.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It lets you zoom out farther than the client normally lets you.

Like this:

what is this, a raid for ants?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

has anyone even gotten to the last phase (legit) yet?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
According to fflogs, the only other group that got to p6 isn't streaming.

So no.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
At this point, don't even include non-streamers in the race imo.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Shinryu Ultimate is going to be designed so that if you zoom out further than the in game camera is allowed, Zenos will be too dummy thicc and take up half your screen.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

IIRC, there was a blog post back during DSR that more or less said that any team that didn't have full screen capture + audio for their kill wouldn't be acknowledged by SE in the race for world first after the big kerfuffle over third-party tools during it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mordiceius posted:

It's kind of wild to me that it's not expected for at least one person on each team doing the race to stream it for this game

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
nothing's going to change unless there's real money on the line or square-enix gets directly involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
For all that it matters, one player streaming/recording a clean setup isn't really indicative of anything.