Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Love to ruin my $400 steak by freezing it and throwing it in an air fryer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

How do you guys know the snail won’t just be there waiting for you at your second house when you rotate houses

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

12 oz of A5 is like.. $210 online. Right down the toilet in JPs home

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Is that really what raw A5 looks like? You could tell me that's a slice of a random goon and I'd believe you

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

dirty shrimp money posted:

Is that really what raw A5 looks like? You could tell me that's a slice of a random goon and I'd believe you

Here are the different cuts of a5

https://www.crowdcow.com/wagyu/japanese

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why? WHY????

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1619785960748912641

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

so you're saying my goal of joining the 1k club may be a bad idea in my late 30s...

joints are going to go bad eventually, but gains are forever.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I had Crowd Cow’s wagyu given to me as a Christmas gift the year before. It was good but lmao at paying for it with my own money.

LMAO even harder at air frying it and discarding the fat

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My wife is finishing her PGY-2 as a pharmacist, with this year being a specialty in mental health. While she wants to work for the VA since they hire a ton of mental health pharmacists, she has also been looking elsewhere. She had an interview with a company to be a manager of a psychiatric practice and they tried to get her to take a job as a Pharmacy Tech. Then they got offended when she very politely said that a tech does not make as much as a pharmacist (let alone the billion other reasons she should have laughed at that suggestion). I am a thousand percent sure that HR manager is going to bitch to their husband or whoever tonight that "no one wants to work!!!"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

swickles posted:

My wife is finishing her PGY-2 as a pharmacist, with this year being a specialty in mental health. While she wants to work for the VA since they hire a ton of mental health pharmacists, she has also been looking elsewhere. She had an interview with a company to be a manager of a psychiatric practice and they tried to get her to take a job as a Pharmacy Tech. Then they got offended when she very politely said that a tech does not make as much as a pharmacist (let alone the billion other reasons she should have laughed at that suggestion). I am a thousand percent sure that HR manager is going to bitch to their husband or whoever tonight that "no one wants to work!!!"

FYI many VA pharmacies are going bye bye from cost cutting. It happened here in Mobile. It's the advance stages of privatization.

Also I don't think I could deliberately construct a paragraph designed to gently caress up a steak worse, jesus h

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Freaquency posted:

I had Crowd Cow’s wagyu given to me as a Christmas gift the year before. It was good but lmao at paying for it with my own money.

LMAO even harder at air frying it and discarding the fat

A kid i went to high school with owns a pretty legit butcher shop locally and he does meat deliveries. He does 50% off for friends and the last box I got was STILL too much for anything regularly. But during holidays it’s awesome

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

GD_American posted:

FYI many VA pharmacies are going bye bye from cost cutting. It happened here in Mobile. It's the advance stages of privatization.

Also I don't think I could deliberately construct a paragraph designed to gently caress up a steak worse, jesus h

A clinical pharmacist doesn't actually work in a pharmacy. Also, every hospital has a pharmacy that dwarfs any outpatient pharmacy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pain of Mind posted:

$3mil house in Boston and Hawaii, 4mil to live off of, move between them every 18.5 years. If you want to stay in the Continental US, could easily do SF to Boston every 10 years.

But then you have to spend half your life in Boston.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

swickles posted:

I know you applied for the Attending Physician role, but would you consider this open ER tech role? What? How dare you turn down a perfectly good job!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

swickles posted:

A clinical pharmacist doesn't actually work in a pharmacy. Also, every hospital has a pharmacy that dwarfs any outpatient pharmacy.

Ah, didn't realize the distinction on the first bit.

On the second, I'm of the mind that the outpatient clinics were just the first ones to go. I would not be shocked at all to see the one at the giant VA in Biloxi close within a decade.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I would love to try Wagyu but lmao our favorite butcher shop always has a big hunk of Wagyu to cut ribeyes off of in the front of the case with a nice “$120/lb” sign in front of it, so that’ll probably never happen!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

GD_American posted:

Ah, didn't realize the distinction on the first bit.

On the second, I'm of the mind that the outpatient clinics were just the first ones to go. I would not be shocked at all to see the one at the giant VA in Biloxi close within a decade.

Where do you think the patients in the hospital get their meds from? You literally can't have a hospital without a pharmacy.

Nov 6, 2002

swickles posted:

Where do you think the patients in the hospital get their meds from? You literally can't have a hospital without a pharmacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

T-Square posted:

I would love to try Wagyu but lmao our favorite butcher shop always has a big hunk of Wagyu to cut ribeyes off of in the front of the case with a nice “$120/lb” sign in front of it, so that’ll probably never happen!

The nice thing about it is that because it’s so rich you don’t need a whole lot. You can probably get away with a pound for 4 people. Still a lot but not as bad as it would be if you were parting it out like a sirloin or something.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

OK it was a mistake to watch ep3 of Last of Us with my wife in the same room, it was impossible to hide the bawling

swickles posted:

If any organization on Earth could find a way, it'd be the VA.

For detail, the clinic here in Mobile was in an old, dilapidated building. They built a nice new one further out west, with a nice big pharmacy setup, then before the move they closed the old pharmacy and fired everyone in it. And they turned the new one into storage. The head of the clinic got a promotion to D.C., and wasn't even still in Mobile when the new clinic opened.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Someone at my office is claiming that the Tyre killing was actually planned because he was sleeping with one of their wives.

Google showed me this

https://opoyi.com/usa/was-tyre-nichols-involved-with-memphis-police-officers-wife-rumor-goes-rampant-after-dashcam-video-sparks-protests/

Jesus Christ that was a turn I didn’t expect

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

T-Square posted:

The only reason I've ever tried it is because my close friend's husband owns a high end meat distribution company and smoke house and also has a ton of high end restaurant contacts. They're doing a super bowl party and I'm going in part because their food is always excellent.

Nov 6, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

Someone at my office is claiming that the Tyre killing was actually planned because he was sleeping with one of their wives.

Google showed me this

https://opoyi.com/usa/was-tyre-nichols-involved-with-memphis-police-officers-wife-rumor-goes-rampant-after-dashcam-video-sparks-protests/

Jesus Christ that was a turn I didn’t expect

I think sometimes people want a nice explanation for things instead of accepting the harder truth.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Paint Crop Pro posted:

According to google he is losing cartiledge on the inside of his knee cap.

Ugh ow ow ow.

That's a major part of the reason my father is in a wheelchair. He lost the cartilage from an uneven gait due to a leg deformity though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

Ugh ow ow ow.

That's a major part of the reason my father is in a wheelchair. He lost the cartilage from an uneven gait due to a leg deformity though.

it's not THAT serious but will def need a cleanup

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

it's not THAT serious but will def need a cleanup

Do your knees click when you go up stairs because mine definitely do that.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Lol, I just got my W-2 in the mail and one half is literally torn off and missing, and it's in a bag apologizing that it seems to have been damaged in transit.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/cheapocrappy/status/1620096891487924225?s=46&t=vOL74kiScVQWNArKMiZMlw

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Always wanted a panopticon in my house

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

It looks like it was built around an airport control tower.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Rectal Placenta posted:

Lol, I just got my W-2 in the mail and one half is literally torn off and missing, and it's in a bag apologizing that it seems to have been damaged in transit.

Do you have one complete form at least so you can do your taxes? That would loving blow to try and get a new one.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I been hacked.
all my apes gone.

https://twitter.com/JasonWhitely/status/1620178500614250498

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Bird in a Blender posted:

Do you have one complete form at least so you can do your taxes? That would loving blow to try and get a new one.

Only reason I'm not super pissed is because I can access my payroll stuff online and there's an electronic copy.

And the one remaining filing copy at the bottom is still intact!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Instant divorce if my spouse wanted us to live in this.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The princess is in another castle

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

All that space and a two stall garage lmao

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

If you got enough snow you could have a sweet ramp off that roof. Alternatively, you can practice reenacting the Austin Tower shooting.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Why would you not utilize the space over the garage? How do you even access the turret? Why does this exist.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The tower is goofy, but hey, maybe there's a decent reason for it

What I don't get is that area between the garage and the tower.

Like if you're going that far, just fill that in too instead of having the darkest pit known to man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Look, y’all laugh but in college we went to stay at a buddy’s parent’s cabin for spring break, and it had an amazing attic tower thing, 360 degree windows around it and accessed by a hatch in the floor, we hotboxed the poo poo out of it, 10/10 would tower again