Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Kit Walker posted:

Barq's, Sprite, and Doctor Pepper are the top 3 sodas and everything else is either decent or garbage

At least three of these are Safeway's house brand of soda from different generations.

I remember when I was 16 I started having to carry dimes when the Safeway soda machines went from $0.25 to $0.35, so I could get a drink and an ad-hoc weed pipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Your brain was right. All romantic comedies do have terrifying subtext.

Well, it doesn't have to be mean about it.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ponzicar posted:

You're assuming that the whole group wasn't onboard with watermill chat, which seems like a mistake.

I am assuming that, because personally if I was to play d&d, go to a watermill, and someone at the table said "oh I actually know loads about ancient watermills," I would sigh so hard my body turned inside out

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

dialhforhero posted:

I can imagine hot Dr. Pepper kind of tasting like mulled wine.

Except terrible and doesn't get you drunk.

I was bored and tried a hot Red Bull (knockoff) because I didn’t have any Dr. Pepper, it was weirdly pleasant and not hating it made me mildly uncomfortable.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Hyperlynx posted:

Dr Pepperspray

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

some plague rats posted:

I am assuming that, because personally if I was to play d&d, go to a watermill, and someone at the table said "oh I actually know loads about ancient watermills," I would sigh so hard my body turned inside out

That's fine but you still yes and that poo poo while making fun of them.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/RainsFaII/status/1619342108078522369

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you are fighting a vampire then deep mill architecture lore is important because a mill race is a good anti vampire measure.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

OwlFancier posted:

If you are fighting a vampire then deep mill architecture lore is important because a mill race is a good anti vampire measure.

I Would Like To Know More

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
because it's running water that they can't cross? i'm assuming.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I have been told every product with "Dr." in the name is good for your health since a doctor made it and they know all about health.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Same principle behind Subway being owned by Doctor's Associates

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
I was 12 years old the first time I tasted Dr Pepper. Being a tourist in the US I'd never heard of it before and was pretty shocked and disgusted to discover it was marzipan flavored.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
My favorite of those is "real doctor". Having to insist on it like some sort of common dentist

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Government Handjob posted:

marzipan flavored.

???

God if only, it’s closer to prune

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Carbon dioxide posted:

I have been told every product with "Dr." in the name is good for your health since a doctor made it and they know all about health.

Checks out!

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice

Snowy posted:

???

God if only, it’s closer to prune

I said what I said and I have been living with the memory of this traumatic taste-ostraphy for 25 years.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Dr. Pepper is the ultimate mixer, it's better with a wider variety of cheaper liquor than any of the other usual suspects, including orange juice, Coke, and ginger ale.

And Diet Dr. Pepper is the best diet drink, and I say that with 30 years T1 Diabetic experience. It doesn't taste a lot like Dr. Pepper, but it's actually good, unlike all the others. Coke Zero gets an honorable mention for being solidly ok.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Marzipan, prune, now name the other 21 flavors

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

It’s an 1880s version of a suicide. Also, we need a better name than suicide or kamikaze for the soda fountain mixed drink.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

freeedr posted:

It’s an 1880s version of a suicide. Also, we need a better name than suicide or kamikaze for the soda fountain mixed drink.

Call it a 9/11

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Carbon dioxide posted:

Is Dr Pepper an MD or a PhD? For an MD you only have to slog through med school, for a PhD you actually have to do some academic work.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Data Graham posted:

Marzipan, prune, now name the other 21 flavors

Vanilla
Cinnamon
Cherry
Orange peel
Phosphoric acid
Fenugreek
Black tea
White tea
Cumin
Vermouth
Cocaine (that's right, they picked up where coca cola left off)
Whatever is in the brown listerine
Blue tea
Communion wine
Communion wafer
A mother's love
Brominated vegetable oil
Antivanilla
And YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

flavor.flv posted:

Vanilla
Cinnamon
Cherry
Orange peel
Phosphoric acid
Fenugreek
Black tea
White tea
Cumin
Vermouth
Cocaine (that's right, they picked up where coca cola left off)
Whatever is in the brown listerine
Blue tea
Communion wine
Communion wafer
A mother's love
Brominated vegetable oil
Antivanilla
And YOU

Welp, username checks out

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Tenkaris posted:

I just realized all the cans use the Dr. title.. though there is that one Chill can that I can't really see it on but there's a clear theme I missed just because Pibb is the big imposter I had to put up with in my school vending machines in my youth :mad:

Mr Pibb is a surgeon.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Mr Pibb is a surgeon.

call me Pibb, Mr. Pibb was my father.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

freeedr posted:

where I’m from getting one of each flavour from the machine is called a “swamp water”

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
They call me MISTER Pibb!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ghosthorse posted:

where I’m from getting one of each flavour from the machine is called a “swamp water”

I think my dad's cohort called it a zombie.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

freeedr posted:

Call the drink what you want but it's poured into a Frankenstein.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Ok. Calling it frankenstein’s monster. Apt metaphor too

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Be a freak and mix whiskey with hot root beer.

It's good.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Inzombiac posted:

Be a freak and mix whiskey with hot root beer.

It's good.

Ok well I was all ready to try it, I got the Extra Large cup and everything, but the fountain doesn't have either of those options??

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh wait, I didn't read all of them, never mind. About to get hosed up in this Burger King!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Perfect, no notes

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

freeedr posted:

That was always a graveyard when I was growing up