Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hell even rewatching the original ninja turtles movie is an absolute masterpiece compared to the crap that’s being put out today under mainstay titles like Star Wars or lord of the rings

Andor is better than any content turtles-related ever produced in any format

edit:

seiferguy posted:

Here's an insane story:

https://twitter.com/DefectorMedia/status/1620475791841660928?t=D9jW32Zirf-oprGCnJ5HVw&s=19

To be honest if I disguised myself as a teen to dunk on them I'd absolutely showboat the hell out of it.

This has to be the premise of The Ringer 2

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

C-Euro posted:

I wonder which IP will be the one that sends the revival/reboot/rehash trend in TV and film back to hell where it belongs, or if it will merely be a casualty of the larger streaming media collapse that people keep warning about.

Like I saw last week that there's an upcoming (maybe even available now?) reboot of the early 90s Power Rangers run, like who the gently caress was asking for that?

Revivials/reboots/rehashes have always been around and always will be. Like, since the early 90s were mentioned, there were a bunch of movies and shows then that were based on stuff from the 60s (The Untouchables and The Fugitive probably being the two best known examples).

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I didn't even know animorphs was a thing until i came to the SA forums.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I didn't even know animorphs was a thing until i came to the SA forums.

Pretty sure I had two or three books from it growing up, but the only thing I can remember about the entire Animorphs universe is they have to change back in a certain amount of time or else they're stuck like that, which is why one of them is a permanent hawk or eagle or something.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kiimo posted:

Andor is better than any content turtles-related ever produced in any format

I’ve never seen it. But phew that’s highly unlikely - the first movie really is one of the best independent movies ever made. Is Andor better than the OG films?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Revivials/reboots/rehashes have always been around and always will be. Like, since the early 90s were mentioned, there were a bunch of movies and shows then that were based on stuff from the 60s (The Untouchables and The Fugitive probably being the two best known examples).

the untouchables movie was made in the 80s

that said, there was a lot of 60s nostalgia in the 80s

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I want a full length version of this, with Katie sackhoff, and if you don’t you’re wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5vcUPyL90

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’ve never seen it. But phew that’s highly unlikely - the first movie really is one of the best independent movies ever made. Is Andor better than the OG films?

Andor is so good it has a random three episode side story in the middle of the season that could be its own show.

It’s worth watching for the final episode. Turns out 300 extras, practical costumes and sets, live audio and minimal CG can make something really incredible who knew.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Kinda yeah

There's a speech at the end of Episode 10 that is more Shakespeare than Star Wars

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
One of my new years resolutions was to do an art and I am pretty happy how it came out. Just recently got it hung after a mishap where it was dropped and all the pieces fell off.

I wanted to do stained glass but cursory research lead to me noping right the hell out of that. But hey, I have a jig saw, I can just do cut wood instead of glass, and stain it instead of painting to preserve some of that character.

The stains bled a little but and the pieces weren't perfectly cut but it makes me happy to look at. :unsmith:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Andor is the best Star Wars since the original movie and The Empire Strikes Back and was awesome.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’ll watch 3 episodes of Andor and proceed from there.

After obi wan and basically every other lovely new show on Disney plus I grew tired

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

From the last thread:

Blowjob Overtime posted:

We have four or so episodes of Andor left to go, and I love it. Other than Andor, I've seen Episodes 1 - 7 and the Mandalorian, so not really invested in Star Wars stuff in any meaningful way, but it's what I want to watch when we sit down in the evening.

We finished it and my only complaint with Andor is that there isn't more Andor for me to watch.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’ll watch 3 episodes of Andor and proceed from there.

After obi wan and basically every other lovely new show on Disney plus I grew tired

It’s very clearly divided up into four 3 episode set pieces with a lot of other things going on around it.

And there’s hardly any “Star Wars” type poo poo except for one fan service scene which sticks out like a sore thumb.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Salvor_Hardin posted:

One of my new years resolutions was to do an art and I am pretty happy how it came out. Just recently got it hung after a mishap where it was dropped and all the pieces fell off.

I wanted to do stained glass but cursory research lead to me noping right the hell out of that. But hey, I have a jig saw, I can just do cut wood instead of glass, and stain it instead of painting to preserve some of that character.

The stains bled a little but and the pieces weren't perfectly cut but it makes me happy to look at. :unsmith:

That’s awesome! I don’t think I can point out that any of the pieces aren’t perfect even after you said so. Most of the framed things in our house are photos I took. There’s something really nice about something being yours instead of having that exact same IKEA Brooklyn Bridge picture as everyone else.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's a reasonable reaction and the well has been so poisoned by drek that it's hard to convince people that no, this time it's different.

Andor is watchable even for people who have never seen any star wars. Knowing what else is going on in this universe adds context but isn't necessary. This is a story that could have been made as just an SF setting without the star wars brand and still worked just as well. It's intense, and bleak, and compelling, and extremely relevant to the real world today. There's no goddamn light sabers, there's no slapstick, there's no set piece space battles, there's no vaguely racist-ish caricatures. The show engages fully with the moral implications of what's going on and doesn't pull its punches.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

that's really cool!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also the empire is portrayed as a soulless corporate entity that only operates at the macro lvl. The employees are all stabbing each other in the back and abusing amphetamines.

It rules.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yeah, Andor is only really a Star Wars show in terms of aesthetic (Stormtroopers look like Stormtroopers etc.). The subject matter is a lot more grounded than other SW stuff. Very much a political drama set in space vs a Star Wars story.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Nice!
You didn't drop it, you sac'd it for three mana of any color :v:

FizFashizzle posted:

It’s very clearly divided up into four 3 episode set pieces with a lot of other things going on around it.

And there’s hardly any “Star Wars” type poo poo except for one fan service scene which sticks out like a sore thumb.

I like to think that I have pretty deep Star Wars knowledge, but I have no idea what this fan service seen is unless you're talking about the couple of scenes where Luthen and Saw Gurrera are chopping it up, but even that didn't really feel like fan service (I also haven't gotten around to watching the final episode so it could be in there)

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, Andor is only really a Star Wars show in terms of aesthetic (Stormtroopers look like Stormtroopers etc.). The subject matter is a lot more grounded than other SW stuff. Very much a political drama set in space vs a Star Wars story.

Nice!

I like to think that I have pretty deep Star Wars knowledge, but I have no idea what this fan service seen is unless you're talking about the couple of scenes where Luthen and Saw Gurrera are chopping it up, but even that didn't really feel like fan service (I also haven't gotten around to watching the final episode so it could be in there)

I'm p sure it's the very end of the last episode. you see what the prisoners were building are being used for

Also, congrats Salvor_Hardin! Keep going. A creative hobby has been a must for overall life wellness.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

^^^ yeah that was lame too

C-Euro posted:

Nice!

No it was the light sabers on the wings of his fighter nonsense

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Goddamn how did I not recognise tlou dude from white lotus?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Goddamn how did I not recognise tlou dude from white lotus?

We spent a few minutes wracking our brains trying to figure it out, and I felt like a genius when I got it without looking

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Pron on VHS posted:

alright,,,,,I was unable to find Gaunts Ghosts at a bookstore near me but I did find Eisenhorn book 1 XENOS which is also written by Dan.

That's a really good series, with a ton of different settings. Imagine James Bond as a Spanish Inquisitor, whose "ends justify the means" mentality devolves so low he summons Satan to fight for the church's behalf

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/kaaauthor/status/1620474029219123201?s=46&t=A0pkB2bABigK12QoiXNsHg

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I completely forgot that Justified was being rebooted for a limited series so thats amazing news

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just realized the last day of January means my Dry January was successful.

I know a bunch of you posted you were doing it too. How'd you hold up?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Amy Pole Her posted:

I completely forgot that Justified was being rebooted for a limited series so thats amazing news

oh snap first im hearing of this, nice

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

3 years and one month so far

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is a pleasant surprise

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Zillow listing for watchtower house. I would give anything to own it

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4665-Roundtop-Rd-Ellijay-GA-30540/105264582_zpid/

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Dango Bango posted:

Decided to go sober for No Vice November and kept at it, so I'm at three months today

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Dango Bango posted:

I'm glad I did it, because there were only a few times even thought "man, I could go for a beer right now."

3 Badger basketball games in 6 days near the end was some real "arcade Mortal Kombat making Goro harder than Tsung Shang" poo poo though. Didn't need that one but.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Pron on VHS posted:

Zillow listing for watchtower house. I would give anything to own it

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4665-Roundtop-Rd-Ellijay-GA-30540/105264582_zpid/

Wowwwwww.

The outside is just scratching the surface of bad decisions. I died laughing when I saw the 6 coil kitchen island. And the woodpanelled half-wall in the Panopticon Bedroom.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GD_American posted:

Wowwwwww.

The outside is just scratching the surface of bad decisions. I died laughing when I saw the 6 coil kitchen island. And the woodpanelled half-wall in the Panopticon Bedroom.

I'm suddenly really curious what's in the little shed that we don't get to see inside of.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

I'm suddenly really curious what's in the little shed that we don't get to see inside of.

You know that cellar in RDR2?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
87 acres is kind of nuts, I classify anything over 8k sqft as pretty big.

I did not like Mandalorian very much and did not even bother to watch the Obi Wan or Boba Fett series, and I was a huge star wars fan. If you talked to me 20 years ago I would have been very surprised that I did not watch every Star Wars thing the second it came out.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1620533281677770753

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

You get like 5 warnings before the guards march and they themselves yell pretty loving loud to make way for the guard.

Parents are dumb as poo poo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah. But gently caress that kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I don't remember how it shook out in 2022, but in 2021 I got a federal refund of $14 and owed Illinois $13.

Just doing my tax return now and apparently I owe the Fed $1400 and IL $300 :thinkdorm: