Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008

ManoliIsFat posted:

I went to High School with a guy who's dad ran Jack in the Box. They had a guy at the graduation dressed as Jack, it was very unsettling.

That seems like one of those memories you look back on as an adult and can't remember if it really happened or not. "Was... Jack Box... at my high school graduation?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008

Red Crown posted:

I meant to try out this show for the first time on a drive today. Blanking on the name, I accidentally found a completely separate podcast that also had a thorough TGI Fridays meal review. (It's called Face Jam, I guess) What a magical world.

Oh man don't make this Jack in the Box episode your first listen, it's inscrutable lol. If you recognize any of their past guests and like them I'd start there. For me, any episode with Jon Gabrus or Nicole Byer or Mary Holland are always fun. Jason Mantzoukas is on at least one and he's incredible.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
It was the 3rd ep for a friend of mine and I nearly lost her from the show.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I will always recommend Red White and Gru or Midieval Times, both with Mary Holland as first eps.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

bartlebee posted:

Oh man don't make this Jack in the Box episode your first listen, it's inscrutable lol. If you recognize any of their past guests and like them I'd start there. For me, any episode with Jon Gabrus or Nicole Byer or Mary Holland are always fun. Jason Mantzoukas is on at least one and he's incredible.

In the vein of Gabrus and Byer I recommend Betsy Sodaro too. Carl Tart is an all-timer as well. Oh we in Boston now.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The recent Boston-area live episodes were especially great. The story of how Mitch drove the Doughboys crew around for hours while pointing out essentially every building they passed and having some story about how it related to his youth was perfect.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Mitch and Gabrus did another Being Fat episode. These episodes are always great and honest and legitimately helpful to listen to.

That said, I hope Mitch gets his poo poo together this year. Baby steps!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I haven't listened to the episode yet so idk if they discuss it this time, but Mitch has health insurance and enough money to afford multiple staircases. not getting bariatric surgery at this point seems like a poor decision. you're over 40 dude it's probably not gonna happen unassisted at this point

the depressing truth is that past a person's mid 20s an addict is more likely to kick heroin than a morbidly obese person is to lose their excess body weight barring medical intervention (not just surgery, but it's the most effective). plus he's a Hollywood elite now he can get access to poo poo mere mortals only dream of

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I will say I am sick of Mitch saying how chaotic his schedule is. I know a number of people who work in entertainment. I will say, I can think of a few people specifically who work just as much if not more than him on the 12-14 hour days (work in writers rooms etc), have a child (or two), and yet still manage to get to the gym once or twice a week. Mitch in last years episode talked up about how he wants to start going more on walks. A year later he's still talking about walking by getting a treadmill.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 2, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

soggybagel posted:

I will say I am sick of Mitch saying how chaotic his schedule is. I know a number of people who work in entertainment. I will say, I can think of a few people specifically who work just as much if not more than him on the 12-14 hour days (work in writers rooms etc), have a child (or two), and yet still manage to get to the gym once or twice a week.

yeah. everyone has hectic schedules. unless you're helping to care for a disabled family member who needs full time assistance because they/you can't afford to hire help, that doesn't work as a long-term excuse (unless you're disabled yourself, obviously). if you have time to spend over a month every year living with your mother, you can afford to hire a trainer and get after it for 2 hours on days you wake up in your childhood bed

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I am in my early 30s and these dumbasses are gonna make me get my poo poo together.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
These episodes make me doubt the value of Athletic Greens.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Piquai Souban posted:

They are both doing Noom and I've had multiple people tell me Noom is bullshit (as are all diet fads)

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

soggybagel posted:

I will say I am sick of Mitch saying how chaotic his schedule is. I know a number of people who work in entertainment. I will say, I can think of a few people specifically who work just as much if not more than him on the 12-14 hour days (work in writers rooms etc), have a child (or two), and yet still manage to get to the gym once or twice a week. Mitch in last years episode talked up about how he wants to start going more on walks. A year later he's still talking about walking by getting a treadmill.

Didn’t he make an offhand mention of 100%ing Skyward Sword?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Listen: He's a working actor in Los Angeles who spends 50% of his time in a basement on the other side of the country, and when he's in LA he has to show up to every appointment he has at least 15 minutes late. That makes for a hectic schedule!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Now that I have watched the videos, I gotta say that Mitch is looking gud, despite his worries about looking fat when sitting down.

I think he could book parts like “scary biker that turns out to be nice” pretty easy.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Mitch just has a really large frame. I’ve never thought he looked super obese, more like he’s just a big dude

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Hyrax Attack! posted:

wow, first I'm hearing of this. Mitch got that into the worst Zelda game of all time? I don't know if I can support this guy anymore

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Piquai Souban posted:

every podcast I listen to that does those ads has had at least one of the hosts do a read mentioning how sick they recently were

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

The Illusive Man posted:

Mitch just has a really large frame. I’ve never thought he looked super obese, more like he’s just a big dude

I hope Mitch gets jacked so everybody will start making him feel self-conscious for getting jacked.

edit: I want to live in a world where Mitch pitches a fit because Reddit is accusing him of juicing.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 3, 2023

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I’m just eating gud food!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Ma! Ma! Tell 'em I've always had back acne!

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Oh god. Roid rage Mitch. The show would end violently the second Wiger spills his Coke Zero

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
I'd like to know who in the hell the target demographic is for watching video episodes of this podcast, and I say this as a man who spent almost 4 figures to fly to boston and stay two days to see two of their live shows.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

People who wanna see if Wiger really has that hawg on him

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don't want to see his dick Boogie Nights style but I would probably watch a clip of him doing his thing

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I've been watching them. it's fun.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
The man bun does not work for Wiger

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I’m beginning to believe that Wiger is only normal around Natalie. Maybe in a 20 ft radius around her. Remember that time he brought home an empty hotdog bun for her and didn’t realize that was weird until she questioned it?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Watching the Jack Box discussion on video was fun, but I cannot imagine watching as a regular means vs just the podcast.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I can't believe they're still trying to make video podcasts a thing. Did we learn *nothing* from JASH?

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
I think it’s because they’re much more meme-able for social media. I’ve seen a ton more Doughboys clips on IG since they started doing in-studio again

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
By video recording the podcast they now get

The podcast.
The YT video.
IG (longer) clips.
TikTok (shorter) clips.

By doing non-video, they got... The podcast. This is a simple way to drive engagement. I wouldn't be surprised if this is what Amelia was brought on for, given their timings

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they have a habit of getting producers who seem nice to work with but are charisma black holes on mic

Tom Funk
Feb 19, 2010
Emma and Yusong are/were great and fun on mic, but the drop king was...not. One of the worst experiences of my life was him really, *really* wanting to drink the old, moldy soda.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Emma is great but idk if she's a content producer as much as show producer. But drop king and Amelia are too boring

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Emma and Yusong own. Partially cause they're funny, and Emma is good at a well-timed interjection without sounding thirsty for attention the way drop king did.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

DK can be boring but he's extremely active on the doughscord and is super nice and chill to everyone.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

indigi posted:

Emma is great but idk if she's a content producer as much as show producer. But drop king and Amelia are too boring

Drop King is fine, he has enough sense to know he’s not an on air talent and gives interesting info on drops, while not trying to dominate the discussion and shows up so infrequently it’s fine. Amelia is an excellent addition to the show, funny and has good stories while not feeling a sense of desperation to be associated with Doughboys like Hodgman or Griffin.

Tom Funk posted:

Emma and Yusong are/were great and fun on mic, but the drop king was...not. One of the worst experiences of my life was him really, *really* wanting to drink the old, moldy soda.

Yeah Emma is great. Agreed the moldy soda bit went on too long but in more recent eps he’s fine. Yusong used to be one of my favorites when he was their intern and his nervousness sounded authentic, but like a year ago he’s become annoying. Now he’s trying to play the character of exaggerated awkward guy and it doesn’t work. Like he’ll bring up seeing very few movies, as we should know that about him, and try to link it to the current topic instead of going with the flow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

indigi posted:

yeah. everyone has hectic schedules. unless you're helping to care for a disabled family member who needs full time assistance because they/you can't afford to hire help, that doesn't work as a long-term excuse (unless you're disabled yourself, obviously). if you have time to spend over a month every year living with your mother, you can afford to hire a trainer and get after it for 2 hours on days you wake up in your childhood bed

One of the primary rules of fitness is you'll always have an excuse to skip a workout, you gotta make yourself go anyways.