Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
:yeeclaw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I love to cook and I have a deep fascination for wood fired cooking like grilling and smoking. I've def posted stuff before including about my masonry oven. The thing is, for me it's hard to do long cooks in the summer because it can be brutally hot in front of a 800 degree (Freedom units) oven and the winter is usually too cold outside even with the fire going so I really want to spend more time this spring (maybe late winter if there is no snow piled up) doing more cooking with fire.

I've also decided that I'm going to start trying new recipes that I wouldn't normally do - since I've been exposed to it in both the 5kpt and in a few other threads. It really shows how little I've experienced compared to the huge variety that the world's cultures have to offer.

I am going to start small though. The first genre I'm going to do is one of my all time favorites: burgers. So whenever I do some grilling, I'm going to try some new to me burger recipes. Probably going to start with pljeskavica, which is a Bosnian burger, cevapcici a Serbian burger, Greek bifteki, Moroccan sliders (like a kota but in burger form), and Turkish seyhmuz kebab.

I am absolutely open to suggestions and would actually love to hear from my peeps in the 5kpt for burgs to fire up! Pairing suggestions also welcome! I will tell you I like to have a few pints / bourbons while cooking so have at it!

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

you burgin?

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

I love to cook and I have a deep fascination for wood fired cooking like grilling and smoking. I've def posted stuff before including about my masonry oven. The thing is, for me it's hard to do long cooks in the summer because it can be brutally hot in front of a 800 degree (Freedom units) oven and the winter is usually too cold outside even with the fire going so I really want to spend more time this spring (maybe late winter if there is no snow piled up) doing more cooking with fire.

I've also decided that I'm going to start trying new recipes that I wouldn't normally do - since I've been exposed to it in both the 5kpt and in a few other threads. It really shows how little I've experienced compared to the huge variety that the world's cultures have to offer.

I am going to start small though. The first genre I'm going to do is one of my all time favorites: burgers. So whenever I do some grilling, I'm going to try some new to me burger recipes. Probably going to start with pljeskavica, which is a Bosnian burger, cevapcici a Serbian burger, Greek bifteki, Moroccan sliders (like a kota but in burger form), and Turkish seyhmuz kebab.

I am absolutely open to suggestions and would actually love to hear from my peeps in the 5kpt for burgs to fire up! Pairing suggestions also welcome! I will tell you I like to have a few pints / bourbons while cooking so have at it!

This sounds like an amazing project with some delicious ideas!

How big is your oven/fire? Maybe some pizza is on the agenda?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LueX-1WYc9g

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

What the hell is this? Some kind of large pastry?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

they're called breasts

you should google it they're pretty cool

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

Zil posted:

click it

:lmao:

TIP posted:

they're called breasts

you should google it they're pretty cool

a bold new strategy, let's see if this pans out

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I just Googled boobs and I have absolutely no problem with them

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Hey everyone I had a weird dream last night.

I went to TIPs appartment with my fam. TIP lived on the top floor of a 4 story building - like the entire floor was his place. It was an old brownstone/industrial type building so it had both separated rooms designated for kitchen, etc but it also had really wide open living areas. it was really impressive so congrats TIP.

We met in the office like it was no big thing and TIP was "working" which meant he was calling around different yard sales bartering for either old electronics or super fancy audio equipment, depending on who he called.

I heard some barking down the hall and I really wanted to see Ash but TIP said he was busy, I didnt really understand, but ok. We go down the hall and two mini dachshunds come running out all super excited. One was classic black and brown and the other was a mottled light brown. They did a cute little smile and put thier heads under our hands to get pets. TIP was yelling to not feed them toothpaste.

THE END.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

I went to TIPs appartment with my fam. TIP lived on the top floor of a 4 story building - like the entire floor was his place. It was an old brownstone/industrial type building so it had both separated rooms designated for kitchen, etc but it also had really wide open living areas. it was really impressive so congrats TIP.

We met in the office like it was no big thing and TIP was "working" which meant he was calling around different yard sales bartering for either old electronics or super fancy audio equipment, depending on who he called.

I heard some barking down the hall and I really wanted to see Ash but TIP said he was busy, I didnt really understand, but ok. We go down the hall and two mini dachshunds come running out all super excited. One was classic black and brown and the other was a mottled light brown. They did a cute little smile and put thier heads under our hands to get pets. TIP was yelling to not feed them toothpaste.

THE END.

did you feed those dogs toothpaste :ohdear:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Ash split from one big dog into two small dogs! :aaaaa:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

THE END.

Did Dream TIP offer you food or drink?

Also, while Dream Dachshunds are cool, I’d have wanted Doctor Reverend Rear Admiral Ashley Lawrence Beauregard (AKA “Ash”, “Ashy Larry”, and/or “Good Boy”) Wiggles IV, Esq, DFA to be there.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I’ve decided for TIP that Ash’s full name and title is eventually going to be something insanely long like Idi Amin’s:

His Excellency, Dog Supreme, Recipient of Hot Dogs, Doctor Doctor Reverend Rear Admiral Ashley Lawrence Beauregard (AKA “Ash”, “Ashy Larry”, and/or “Good Boy”) Wiggles IV, Esq, DFA, MOH, VC, GC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in TIP’s Home in General and TIP’s Bed in Particular

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i wonder what he was so busy with

probably learning excel

can dogs learn excel?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

TIP was yelling to not feed them toothpaste.

Thanks for the thread title idea

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

did you feed those dogs toothpaste :ohdear:

Of course not, I'm not a monster. Also in the dream, I was like what is he yelling about I dont even have any toothpaste

E: you know what if it was beef flavor for dogs I might actually give them a little as a treat with TIPs permission of course but in the dream I'm pretty sure it was minty gel

ilovebeersooomuch fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 1, 2023

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

fartknocker posted:

Did Dream TIP offer you food or drink?

Also, while Dream Dachshunds are cool, I’d have wanted Doctor Reverend Rear Admiral Ashley Lawrence Beauregard (AKA “Ash”, “Ashy Larry”, and/or “Good Boy”) Wiggles IV, Esq, DFA to be there.

He did not and his office was filled with piles of various unidentified electronics and some monitors and it was a little dark for my taste. The rest of his place was beautiful

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

fartknocker posted:

I’ve decided for TIP that Ash’s full name and title is eventually going to be something insanely long like Idi Amin’s:

His Excellency, Dog Supreme, Recipient of Hot Dogs, Doctor Doctor Reverend Rear Admiral Ashley Lawrence Beauregard (AKA “Ash”, “Ashy Larry”, and/or “Good Boy”) Wiggles IV, Esq, DFA, MOH, VC, GC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in TIP’s Home in General and TIP’s Bed in Particular

I've been following you with this idea the whole time and I am totally into it

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

bagmonkey posted:

Thanks for the thread title idea

lol oh bagmo

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

He did not and his office was filled with piles of various unidentified electronics and some monitors and it was a little dark for my taste. The rest of his place was beautiful

this is important: was he sitting on his The Grimace chair

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

DorkusMalorkus posted:

This sounds like an amazing project with some delicious ideas!

How big is your oven/fire? Maybe some pizza is on the agenda?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LueX-1WYc9g

Sorry Dorkus I missed this: totally am going to make pizza, pitas, and some other stuff I love making! I'm adding some stuff to try and branch out and hopefully spend more time relaxing outside

Oven is kinda small compared to others, it's about 28" floor and 16" ceiling height

ilovebeersooomuch fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 1, 2023

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

this is important: was he sitting on his The Grimace chair

Oh poo poo I didnt even look, he was definately sitting on something, I wanna say it was a chair but I have no details, sorry :(

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

:siren: :siren: :siren:

i am watching an episode of Friends directed by PETER BONERZ

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

Lol no way that's real

E:
Holy poo poo
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Bonerz

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0094288/

ilovebeersooomuch fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 1, 2023

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

if somebody said to me "tell me what Peter Bonerz looks like", it is 100% that dude :stare:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ruby Gloom posted:

High school was hell for this dude.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Catching up on the thread.

Do not feed toothpaste to bonerz. Got it.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

THE END.

that wasn't a dream

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

dang I usually just dream that me and my wife are fighting and/or she's cheating on me, yours sound much cooler

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I get a lot of zombie apocalypse dreams.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Zil posted:

High school was hell for this dude.

He's old enough that maaaaybe it wasn't so bad if "boner" was still being used in the old-timey sense?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

reminder that david hasselhoff once played a character named boner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ7YnBW7Pvo

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember my dreams pretty much ever. I didn't smoke before bed the other night and dreamt my new implants fell out then I was like "what the gently caress, these can't fall out, am I dreaming?" and then I woke up

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjSBXiwsfNI

late with it but today's vibe is "BODYMORE MURDERLAND CLUB MIX"

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

bagmonkey posted:

I don't remember my dreams pretty much ever. I didn't smoke before bed the other night and dreamt my new implants fell out then I was like "what the gently caress, these can't fall out, am I dreaming?" and then I woke up

I haven't really remembered my dreams for years and now I've temporarily quit pot to pass a stupid drug test, my dreams have become more vivid. Not particularly interesting, but I just remember them more frequently :shrug:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I haven't really remembered my dreams for years and now I've temporarily quit pot to pass a stupid drug test, my dreams have become more vivid. Not particularly interesting, but I just remember them more frequently :shrug:

Whenever I quit, mine go from not remembering ANYTHING back to remembering EVERYTHING and being woken up multiple times throughout the night, its garbage and I hate it

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I have freeze dried clean urine if you need any lol

bought it for a job drug test I never end up taking

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i was gonna be like "lol y'all wana buy some clean pee" then i remembered i smoked a marijuana and now i can't even sell my pee :(

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

dang I usually just dream that me and my wife are fighting and/or she's cheating on me, yours sound much cooler

I wouldn't say they are cooler, just kinda random for sure. I also get being-chased-but-running-super-slow, hiding from monsters, trying to build something but have all the wrong tools, etc.

I had one where I was on a show with Gordon Ramsey and he was all into my cooking (I dont cook professionally) and he scored me 99% but then at the very end he said "but I cant condone someone who uses this much alcohol so he FAILS" and I'm all like wait what? Is he saying I'm a substance abuser? I put beer with the food, how is that wrong? poo poo like that is what I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Zil posted:

I get a lot of zombie apocalypse dreams.

Yeah, these can be really bad